PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is on Gostowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportnik

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Does Gostkowski have pictures of BB in drag? How many seasons are we going to blow up because our field goal kicker misses an extra point in a Super Bowl or AFC Championship Game? It’s time to move on!

i wasn't aware that ghost played dline, nor had the ability to bench butler.

Or got to choose when the Pats go for it.

Let's see, Brady got the ball needing a TD and the offense fumbled.

We could have had 4 more points. The Brady would have gotten the ball needing a FG.

I guess the point is that needing only a field goal, there would have been no fumble?

Let's see, Brady got the ball needing a TD and the offense fumbled.

We could have had 4 more points. The Brady would have gotten the ball needing a FG.

I guess the point is that needing only a field goal, there would have been no fumble?

Which is unreasonable, because it assumes that nothing else would have happened differently.

if ghost made the FG and XP the score would have been 41-37 when Brady got the ball back ith 1 min left. they still needed a touchdown.

He didn't cost us the game all by himself, but it was perhaps the earlier missed FG that might've convinced Bill to go for the 1st down on 4th/5 from the Eagles' 35 right after the Amendola to Brady miss on 3rd down...and those two plays could be the subject of its own thread.

EDIT: just finished re-watching the missed FG...

Full confession: I was so disgusted by the 2nd- and 3rd-down play-calls that I fast-forwarded through the FG attempt, and therefore ass-umed that the kicker shanked it from the get-go. However, I still believe that the holder recovered well enough that, although his timing was obviously disrupted, the kicker should've made it anyway just because of how damn close they were. So apologies to Gostkowski, but man did that entire series harsh the mellow.

Last edited:
Bring in competition for this guy. He's an issue

He didn't cost us the game all by himself, but it was his earlier missed FG that might've convinced Bill to go for the 1st down on 4th/5 from the Eagles' 35 right after the Amendola to Brady miss on 3rd down...and that 4th/5 play could be the subject of its own thread.
If a missed field goal after a horrible snap caused B.B. to go for it on 4th and 5 from the 35 then it is on B.B. not Ghost. That sequence made no sense and seemed to smack of desperation on the Pats

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if he put that defensive gameplan together.

You may have a point.

Worst take award winner. Come on man. Defense gave up more yards than any in BB history. That is why we lost.

if ghost made the FG and XP the score would have been 41-37 when Brady got the ball back ith 1 min left. they still needed a touchdown.
And don’t forget Philly missed an XP too.

If a missed field goal after a horrible snap caused B.B. to go for it on 4th and 5 from the 35 then it is on B.B. not Ghost. That sequence made no sense and seemed to smack of desperation on the Pats
I generally agree, but I wouldn't consider any of the snaps as Horrible. I'll have to re-watch the first half more closely.

I might be crazy, but I could have sworn I heard an errant ref (or fan) whistle that I thought disrupted the field goal timing.

Anyone hear similarly or any player comments to that effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down