PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This has been one of Bill Belichick's most difficult years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you would have followed-up with a line like this:
BB is like a cat, he always lands on his feet.

Though, I didn't read the column.

zufaDCY.gif

I do not live in New England at this time so I am not familiar with the sports media that most of you either read or reject.

It's actually a pretty good article.

But a horrible premise. I mean, really... Ron, please tell us which of Belichick's years were the 'easy' ones.

o_O

Last edited:
A 14-2 season vs the year the Browns decided to leave Cleveland.

All I can say is, he must be an opportunist, since the press and talk shows have stolen the negative shtick. I'm as much a Borges basher as anyone, but that's an A+ article, without a line that's false or snarky.

I'm not going to read a Ron Borges article. He's not only a bile-filled individual, he's also a very poor writer (it was revealing to see how many writing mistakes he makes when he left the Globe and had to write without the benefit of their subbing).

Still, this season couldn't even begin to compare in difficulty with 2013. Coaching his team to the AFCCG that year was actually an incredible achievement.

But a horrible premise. I mean, really... Ron, please tell us which of Belichick's years were the 'easy' ones.

o_O
04 and 05. 2007 would probably count. Some years have more adversity than others. 2014 likely counts as fairly smooth as well, at least after they got past the Chiefs debacle.

All I can say is, he must be an opportunist, since the press and talk shows have stolen the negative shtick. I'm as much a Borges basher as anyone, but that's an A+ article, without a line that's false or snarky.
FromtheguywhohatedRichardSeymourwrittenbyhisintern said:
So Brady comes back, the defense seems not to miss Jones, Ninkovich returns insisting the dog ate his homework but he didn’t ingest anything, and life goes on.

Snarky in my book....

o_O

I actually like the premise a lot: that the stellar results have made people forget the kind of turmoil that marked the start of this Patriots season. And that Belichick deserves a ton of credit for that.

Ron Borges has always been a fine writer in terms of style and mechanics. It's his content and opinions that suck to high heaven.

His "Boxing Notes" in the Sunday Globe back in the day were must-read material.

I think you are on to something,

His appearances on Comcast are less and less these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back