PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Division is Still Up for Grabs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats are obviously better off beating both. But I think they benefit more by beating KC & losing to the Texans. Rather than vice versa.

yeah...playing @ Reliant > Arrowhead

I'm concerned about the Pats' winning the Division only in the sense that Belichick often says (among other things that he seems to say a lot), "First, take care of winning the Division."

But, otherwise, I think that we should be thinking about the Pats' seven remaining games and their taking care of business every week. How they play against that schedule in November and December will tell us all we need to know.

5--2 should get them HFA (only a few unlikely scenarios would give it to Buffalo, Kansas City or Houston in that case).

6--1 or 7--0? Gravy.

4--3? Bigger issues to worry about.

3--4 or worse? Not even thinking about it.

As I recall, it was Parcells who taught us to focus on winning the division.

I agree that 5-2 (and 11-3 will likely give us HFA).
=====
WHAT IF WE GO 3-2?
Isn't this what we are really discussing in this thread? How unreasonable is it to believe that we lose 2 of the next 4?

The open question is whether we then might be then playing BUF for the division.

I'm concerned about the Pats' winning the Division only in the sense that Belichick often says (among other things that he seems to say a lot), "First, take care of winning the Division."

But, otherwise, I think that we should be thinking about the Pats' seven remaining games and their taking care of business every week. How they play against that schedule in November and December will tell us all we need to know.

5--2 should get them HFA (only a few unlikely scenarios would give it to Buffalo, Kansas City or Houston in that case).

6--1 or 7--0? Gravy.

4--3? Bigger issues to worry about.

3--4 or worse? Not even thinking about it.

Buffalo is hard to take seriously. I hope we can get HFA

or maybe just focus on the next game...?...just that game....

I thought that this thread should be bumped.

:)

Ok so the division is essentially won. But whatever. I mean we don't celebrate division crowns around here. It's a SB win or a failed season. Not winning the SB means we are no better than Cincinnati.

But I was an idiot for creating this thread. It's clear my emotions got the best of me.

Ok so the division is essentially won. But whatever. I mean we don't celebrate division crowns around here. It's a SB win or a failed season. Not winning the SB means we are no better than Cincinnati.

But I was an idiot for creating this thread. It's clear my emotions got the best of me.

The division that is not over that people assume is - the AFC North. Pittsburgh needs to beat Baltimore on the road (much more likely than Bills winning @NE). After that need to be one game better than Baltimore- and their schedule is easier. Pittsburgh would hold the tiebreaker due to the Baltimore loss to the Browns.

I understand those who think this way, especially those who have started to be fans when Brady came or later.

I strongly disagree. I celebrate locking up the division (for a day), then the conference, and then the SB.

Personally, I believe the 16-0 team was one of the best teams of all time, NOT a team to be compared to CINCI.

It is simply a matter of perspective.

.It's a SB win or a failed season. Not winning the SB means we are no better than Cincinnati.

I understand those who think this way, especially those who have started to be fans when Brady came or later.

I strongly disagree. I celebrate locking up the division (for a day), then the conference, and then the SB.

Personally, I believe the 16-0 team was one of the best teams of all time, NOT a team to be compared to CINCI.

It is simply a matter of perspective.

But they weren't one of the GOAT teams. They lost the SB. I know that's harsh. But the offense sucked that day.

How unreasonable is it to believe that we lose 2 of the next 4?
I’m hoping that they can go 3-1, but 2-2 isn’t unreasonable in my opinion. The Philly, Dallas, KC, and Houston games are going to tell us a lot about this team.

I was an idiot for creating this thread. It's clear my emotions got the best of me.

Patstastic let her/his emotions get the best of her/him!!! Shocking. Never would have guessed that - must be the first time. It is OK, we are a long-suffering, patient message board. :D

But they weren't one of the GOAT teams. They lost the SB. I know that's harsh. But the offense sucked that day.

How old were you in '07? 6, 7, 8 maybe? That was a great team by any measure. GOAT? Obviously not but hella good. The Giants D was fantastic that day. It does no harm to give the devil their due, sometimes the other guy gets it right...we call that football.

I’m hoping that they can go 3-1, but 2-2 isn’t unreasonable in my opinion. The Philly, Dallas, KC, and Houston games are going to tell us a lot about this team.

2-2 wouldn't be a death kill. But it depends on which games they lose. Losing to the Texans means we need them to lose at least one more game. Ravens, Colts, Denver, Jags, and Titans x 2. Outside of next week, they will likely be favored in their remaining games.

2-2 means Baltimore needs to lose at least two more times. Texans, Browns, Steelers, Rams, 49ers, Bills, and Jets.

Lmao I don’t even know if the Bills will make the playoffs. I am unimpressed with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes