PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They really need to just get rid of the pro bowl game

Status
Not open for further replies.

A man named Brady

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just have them be named as a pro bowler and be done with it. lol at 15 guys dropping out at your position and now you're a "pro bowler". It's a joke.

Teddy bridgewater threw 14 touchdowns in 2015 and played in the pro bowl. I mean come on

It's like deja vu all over again. I agree!

What would the rest of the league do or look forward to otherwise? With the Pats going to almost 50% of SB in last 15 years, most other teams have nothing else to look forward to after the season ends or even after the playoffs. Amazing.

The odds of me watching it are 0.00%. I haven't watched it in decades. Back then it was somewhat relevant. Players weren't paid as well so they really valued a free trip to Hawaii. Also, we weren't so overexposed to the NFL so it could be interesting to see more of certain players. Now we have so many other things we can do with our time, and if we want to see more of a player we can go to YouTube and look at some videos of them taken during meaningful games instead of hoping to see them in a meaningless game.

What would the rest of the league do or look forward to otherwise? With the Pats going to almost 50% of SB in last 15 years, most other teams have nothing else to look forward to after the season ends or even after the playoffs. Amazing.

Sure, but still, suppose (God forbid!) you're a Jets fan, are you going to tune in the Pro Bowl just so you can potentially get yourself some Leonard Williams action, playing in a meaningless game live from Orlando, Florida? You'd have to be a pretty hard core fan to do that, IMHO.

Ever since Robert Edwards's beach volleyball game in '99, I believe, I don't want any part of any Pats player in that game.

The odds of me watching it are 0.00%. I haven't watched it in decades. Back then it was somewhat relevant. Players weren't paid as well so they really valued a free trip to Hawaii. Also, we weren't so overexposed to the NFL so it could be interesting to see more of certain players. Now we have so many other things we can do with our time, and if we want to see more of a player we can go to YouTube and look at some videos of them taken during meaningful games instead of hoping to see them in a meaningless game.

Sure, but still, suppose (God forbid!) you're a Jets fan, are you going to tune in the Pro Bowl just so you can potentially get yourself some Leonard Williams action, playing in a meaningless game live from Orlando, Florida? You'd have to be a pretty hard core fan to do that, IMHO.

I can't even imagine what it must be like to be a Jets fan, but let me try ... nope, still drawing a blank. I'll imagine I'm a Bills fan instead.

Now, what's the Pro Bowl?

Just have them be named as a pro bowler and be done with it. lol at 15 guys dropping out at your position and now you're a "pro bowler". It's a joke.

Teddy bridgewater threw 14 touchdowns in 2015 and played in the pro bowl. I mean come on
Maybe they could replace it with something else.. like a big game of "Capture the Flag" or something.. just to make it interesting

Especially with the injury risk. Ask Cincy what it felt like to see Eifert need surgery after playing in one. It's meaningless and most guys drop out these days.

Fantasy fans love the pro bowl so it's not going any where

I don't give the Pro Bowl a 2nd thought - even when Patriots are playing in it. I don't care if they keep it or drop any more than I care whether or not Fuller House gets cancelled.

Fill up the Pro Bowl roster with Steelers, Jets, Dolphins, Colts etc, and have their agents go back to their teams and demand more money for these 'star' players to destroy their cap.

Meanwhile, have BB scour their rosters after yet another regime change on a three year cycle for good players that don't fit the new GM's vision at knock down prices.

Fantasy fans love the pro bowl so it's not going any where
Actually Fantasy fans don't care about the pro-bowl at all. After week 16, which is normally the Fantasy Championship week for most leagues, the Fantasy season is over. If anything Fantasy fans would prefer to not have any of "their" players take a chance getting hurt in a meaningless game.

Ever since Robert Edwards's beach volleyball game in '99, I believe, I don't want any part of any Pats player in that game.
Don't worry about our players. They're either in the big game or dropping out because of a deep playoff run.:D

When was the last time a Patriots player played in the Pro Bowl? It's been at least three years.

Maybe they could replace it with something else.. like a big game of "Capture the Flag" or something.. just to make it interesting
I think that they should invite cheerleaders and have a battle of the network stars type of deal.(I can't believe this was on for years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back