PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There's a Bit of Irony In Garoppolo Trade, But Patriots Will Still March On Without Him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the Russ "Arrogance" article?

You should have left it here for posterity.

There's a Bit of Irony In Garoppolo Trade, But Patriots Will Still March On Without Him

Ian Logue

With the trade deadline now in the rear view, here are some thoughts, along with some notes from today's top stories.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Thanks for the article incl. that special quote by BB on JG that confirms the difficulty and possible consequences of the decision (hope you don't mind putting it here):

“We have a good quarterback in Jimmy [Garoppolo] and Jimmy could go out there and run everything that Tom can run,” said Belichick last year. “We’ve seen that. I’m not saying that he’s not capable or qualified to do it. He is. And he does a great job of it. And when we put Jimmy in there, it’s really seamless. You can’t, unless you were actually looking at the position, if you could just block out that position and say which guy was in there at quarterback, I don’t know if you would know a lot of times.”

Those are words not said previously about past players.
_

Agreed about the end of an era - the era of certainty for present and future at most important position. The era of praying for Tommy and uncertainty beyond him begins. Transition to new champions era lost one of its pillars. Hopefully not something that comes to haunt Pats w both Tom and Bill on their last years in NE (and Josh, MP possibly on their new ventures even sooner)

belichick-shrug.gif

It is what it is.

One of them had to go. And you can't blame Bill for sticking with the GOAT playing as well as ever. But Jimmy is young and talented, and has all the intangibles. He is heads and shoulders better than anyone else who filled that role during nearly two decades, and has given every indication of being a future star and a great guy to boot. So his departure is an important loss that leaves the team weaker at least for the remainder of the season. It's nobody's fault, but it hurts. We all wish him the best. But watching him succeed in SF will always feel something like watching your ex find happiness in the arms of another.

Where's the Russ "Arrogance" article?

You should have left it here for posterity.

They killed that article. Then they killed the thread about that article. Then they killed my thread asking what happenend to those threads. Expect this post to disappear in 3............ 2............. 1...............

Here a nice article about McDaniels by Reiss which shows why losing Garoppolo could be more complicated for Pats future..

QB guru: Josh McDaniels' work with young backups is felt across NFL
__

quote:

The team's surprising trade of Jimmy Garoppolo, coupled with an early September trade of Jacoby Brissett, has highlighted what is well-known in NFL circles: McDaniels is one of the best in the business at developing young quarterbacks.

McDaniels has a dual role as offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach, having also taken assistant quarterbacks coach Jerry Schuplinski (another John Carroll University alum) under his wing.

That could change after the season. His name has annually been among the top head-coaching candidates in recent years. But for now, the players say they gain the benefit of his presence.

"I firmly believe the reason I'm here is because of Josh. I owe a lot of my career to him," said receiver Danny Amendola, who first played under McDaniels in 2011 with the Rams. "I appreciate everything he does for this team. Communicating with guys sometimes isn't easy, and he does a great job of getting on the same page."

Added receiver Brandin Cooks, "He's a guy that pays attention to the game in such minute ways. He helps me out in ways, with OCs, that you really don't find. He's talking to me about route detail, or whatever it may be. And then there's his leadership, vocally, which has been awesome."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes