PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Worst Pats Defense since 1993

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robo i am convinced you are a 12 year old kid with Belichick Bobblehead unde r your pillow. You are to the Patriots like Rudy Ruettinger was to ND football. You never have any insight that is knowledgeable. You're a caricature of the blinded fan nothing more.

I actually turned 40 today but 12, geez thanks I'm flattered

Last edited:
For all the talk about how bad this defense was, it let up 7 points in the second half. Just like the offense, this was a tale of two halves. Both sides of the ball sucked in the first half and both sides played worlds better in the second.

The funny thing is that the offense was arguably worse in the first half than the defense, but apparently that was the defense's fault too. That leads me to one big problem that has been a negative affect on the defense this year that is outside of the defense's control, the offense hasn't been showing up in the first half for many games this year that is keeping the defense on the field.

People keep saying Brady needs to play perfect for this team to win, but if that was true the Pats would be 5-7 right now. I bet Brady's first half stats over the last six weeks or so isn't any better than Sanchez or any other average QB. In fact, they showed us today, that in the last four games (including today) the Pats have outscored their opponents in the third quarter 62-7. That's because the offense doesn't come to life until the second half in many games.

I actually turned 40 today but 12, geez thanks I'm flattered

He was talking to me. I figured I would ignore it. It is his comeback for outing him as a Jets fan.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Happy Birthday.

Last edited:
Sellers you're a clown and Andy Johnson you need MENTAL help. As for being a Jets fan, its such a moronic simpleton argument you sound like a 4th grader. Of course, you're not as intelligent.

Mama Jet Fan must be so proud of you.

Yes, in 2002, it wasn't great, but they couldn't stop the RUN, that year. An embarrassing, pathetic, awful defense.
Embarrassing is Mark Sanchez playing quarterback in the NFL.

No, but it makes the original poster one. Everyone here knows Darolyn72 is a Jets fan.

Not everyone one here who biatch and moan about this team every week are closet Jets fans. Most are just miserable people who just project their miserable lives on this team.

Better than being delusional and actually trying to convince themselves this defense isnt as putrid as it seems....which it is.

If you ***** and moan about the defense every week then you CARE about the teams performance. Die hard fans are naturally cynical.

It is scary.....and embarrassing. Team desperately needs Patrick Chung to be healthy for the playoffs. No Chung no mas!

Why do people on here act like Chung is Rodney Harrison? I don't remember him setting the world on fire. This defense wouldn't be much better with Chung in there. This defense was last when Chung got injured, but when he got hurt everyone was desperate for his return.

The defense may have pulled it out in the end, but they are awful and can't stop a crap team like the Redskins going up and down the field. We're fully aware that the team is "good in the red-zone!" and that that is a very meaningful reality. But the idea that people can't come on here and voice their displeasure and concern -- as full-throatedly as they want or can -- is RIDICULOUS.

The D STINKS. Allow some folks to vent. I believe the Patriots have earned it.

Score was misleading, they got most of those points in garbage time.

I saw a game where the Patriots put up 34 points and were lucky to win because the defense couldn't stop the Redskins from putting up points.

Then again, I saw the Redskins move the ball from their own 20 all the way down into the red zone, only to have Santana Moss first get called for offensive pass interference on a touchdown reception, and then bobble an easily catchable pass that was eventually intercepted by Jerod Mayo, thus avoiding another 4th quarter embarrassment for the Patriots defense.

Perhaps when you visit the planet Earth you can watch the same game.
You should watch the replay again. Moss didn't bobble an "easily catchable ball," White batted it and Mayo was in position to clean up.

The defense finally made a nice play after four quarters of making awful ones. You're making excuses to support your argument that the defense sucks when you don't need to, and it makes you look petty.

Penalties get called at the end of close games every week. It doesn't make the interception any less legitimate.

Case closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft