PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The way I see this weekends divisional games

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think we should have 4 very good games this weekend - I think most of the games will all be in question till at least early in the 4th quarter and here is my view of each game.

PHILADELPHIA 26 NEW ORLEANS 21

Until New Orleans can win a playoff game in thier teams history I can't go with the Saints,even though they have played superb,but also consider they only won 5 of the last 10 so that means they are going into the playoffs as a 500 team if you go and throw out their hot start on the seasons first 6 games....The Saints have talent but also won the division because of injured and underacheiving teams like the Panthers this year - The Saints were given a 2nd seed because of 2 things - A pathetic NFC Conference AND Jeff Garcia not being the starter for the Eagles earlier in the season - The Philadelphia Eagles are the second hottest team in the NFL besides the Chargers and the hottest by far in the NFC so I don't see why it won't continue in the Bayou.

CHICAGO 14 SEATTLE 13
This game will be decided on the erratic Jekyll and Hyde play of Grossman - If he plays like he did in September the Bears will dominate the NFC and stamps their ticket to the Super Bowl,If he plays like he has in December the Bears will lose this game,He cannot have a 0 QB rating against the defending NFC Champs and win so his play is crucial - Tommie Harris may be the biggest loss on this team and I think Seattle's Alexander has a big game with 120 yards rushing but I think the Bears pull it out in the end,Especially if the weather is frigid which is expected this weekend-Expect a very low scoring
game with Field Goals deciding it.

BALTIMORE 23 INDIANAPOLIS 20
Hard to pick McNair over Manning but that Ravens defense has 4 players with 10 or more sacks and is the leagues leading team against scoring which does not hold well for Peyton

The only way I see Indy winning this game is some trick plays like Flea Flickers and end arounds and something on defense to mess up the Ravens and must stop TE Heap and WR Clayton which is thier best offensive playmaker weapons - Still I think this game plays much like Pitt did last year in the playoffs - Blitz Peyton and shorten time to throw.

SAN DIEGO 33 NEW ENGLAND 24
Believe me as a HUGE Patriots fan it hurts me to predict this score but even with Brady and Belichick I cannot see the Pats pulling this game out,The front line of SanDiego is even tougher with the return of Castillo and against solid football teams this year,Brady has not had time to throw and has been sacked and hurried too much - The offensive line has played solid lately but those were against the likes of the Jets,Titans,Texans and Lions to name a few.

Against Denver,Indianapolis and Miami who all have solid D lines, Brady had some bad games not all his fault but poor pass protection,most of it on Lights side - Matt Light more so than the others must have the game of his career to protect Brady since light has been erratic too often.

A smart dink and dunk passing exhibit will help this cause and I think it can be done,but this will be McDaniels make or break OC career IMO if he is to remain in his position next year,which I think he deserves at this point.

Like I said,I hope I am wrong but can't see us walking out of San Diego victors unless SD self destructs and turns the ball over and if our O-Line dominates the front 7 of San Diego - Ladanian will get his 100+ yards and I think Rivers play will not be as important as I see him in a role much like Rothlisberger in his first year,just playing not to lose but well enough to win,So I think turnovers are pretty much crucial for us to win this game-We need not an 'A' game - but an A+ game.

Last edited:
To cite the performance against Denver nearly four months ago or the Lions a month ago just doesn't help your case.

Last edited:
To cite the performance against Denver nearly four months ago or the Lions a month ago just doesn't help your case.

I am not making a case,I am stating what happened in the previous games against good and bad teams.

Bottom line is our offensive line has been inconsistent at best...if its not at its VERY BEST this weekend we won't win...Thats the bottom line,Patriots fans or not-We need little to no pressure on Brady to have a consistent offensive punch in this game-Take away Bradys firepower which is the heart and soul of the offense and you limit chances to pull the upset.

Brady was not sacked once against Denver OR Indy

He was sacked once in the first Miami meeting and 5 times the second.

I am not making a case,I am stating what happened in the previous games against good and bad teams.

Bottom line is our offensive line has been inconsistent at best...if its not at its VERY BEST this weekend we won't win...Thats the bottom line,Patriots fans or not-We need little to no pressure on Brady to have a consistent offensive punch in this game-Take away Bradys firepower which is the heart and soul of the offense and you limit chances to pull the upset.

Brady has been sacked only 26 times this year and has put up over 3500 yds, while our rushing O has accumulated ~2000 yds.

Pretty sure that you have seriously maligned the quality of our OL's play this season.

Best hope Scar doesn't catch wind of that.

Just because Bmore has a lot of sacks, I don't see the Colts o line giving up sacks. They do a good job or protecting Peyton. Key to that game is keeping Manning off the field. Ravens need to chew up the clock. Their defense doesn't give up big plays, so the Colts will score, but they will have to work hard for the points. Limit his touches and the Ravens should prevail.

Coverage from our O line has been pretty good lately, looking back to the Jax game, which has a good defensive line, probably better than SC. I think our line will do just fine.

The Saints won a wildcard game against St Louis in the 2000 season so until you can get your facts straight I can't look at your predictions, just saying.

The Saints won a wildcard game against St Louis in the 2000 season so until you can get your facts straight I can't look at your predictions, just saying.

One slight mistake does not destroy the credibility of the predictions. I can easily see his predictions come true. I thought he did a pretty good job, I'm hoping he's wrong on the Pats prediction, but I wouldn't be shocked if he's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes