PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Strength Of The Draft

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Several personnel men quotes From MMQB:

The strength of the draft. Middle-class draft. Read these quotes from four of my evaluators:

“Twenty-five to 55 is the same player, to me.”
“Eleven to 40 is the same guy.”
“To us, 18 to 48 you can get the same player.”
Load me up with twos and threes in this draft. That’s where I’d want a lot of picks.

And get this, from Gil Brandt: “It’s the kind of draft where the 50th player on some team’s board will be the 17th player on another team, and the 17th player on the first team could be the 50th on that other team.”

Good year to have two twos and two threes.

Will Smith murder has Saints, Drew Brees, NFL in mourning | The MMQB with Peter King

sometimes teams (pats) move up........

sometimes teams (pats) move up........
Yes, we could use both seconds to move into 40's. Is that what you had in mind?

yes, but I would prefer 60 or 61 packaged with a third round pick might get us to 45. don't you think? Most teams need more picks then us, in general. BB will fleece someone mercilessly

yes, but I would prefer 60 or 61 packaged with a third round pick might get us to 45. don't you think? Most teams need more picks then us, in general. BB will fleece someone mercilessly

Amen brother! Isn't San Fran sitting near that sweet spot?

I haven't got a clear idea of te draft order yet but SF should, yeah. middle to lower middle... Makes me realize I should review the draft order...... we are getting closer and closer to it

Amen brother! Isn't San Fran sitting near that sweet spot?

Tennessee just got 43 and 45 in the trade with the Rams (they also have 15, 33, 64 and 76). Their GM Jon Robinson was just hired from New England this offseason. If we're trading up because a real talent is sliding, they're our trade partner.

Tennessee just got 43 and 45 in the trade with the Rams (they also have 15, 33, 64 and 76). Their GM Jon Robinson was just hired from New England this offseason. If we're trading up because a real talent is sliding, they're our trade partner.

Wow! They can overhaul their team with that cache of picks. You may be on to something there, Hammer

If spriggs makes it past Seattle, I can see mr Robinson getting a call from bb.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back