PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Silver Lining of Deion's Cloud...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
While nobody wanted this hold-out, and we all wish he'd just been signed long-term a while ago, one benefit is the injection of excitement/momentum a signing would give the team as it heads into the regular season. There's already going to be a bit of a jolt/lift when Tedy comes back - week 2? 3? - but if we get through most of pre-season pretty well, and the Branch situation DOES get resolved, that will be a huge injection, not just for the fans, but ESPECIALLY for Tom and the offense, and the team as a whole. If the O continues to look as PRODUCTIVE as it has thus far, the boost will be even more pronounded - "NOW look what we're adding," that kind of thing

The flip side of that is how much of a drag it will be (and HAS been) that Deion and management are in a dispute and that he's NOT here. However, the bulk of the adjustment to that...atmosphere, I guess is the word, has already occurred. We're IN that place and the team has, on some level, moved on from it.

Now if/when he does sign, it may be a positive BEYOND the simple fact that the team improves when he's in the fold and on the field. So there's that.

Last edited:
Gotta agree.

You're a shrink, aincha?

I will be especially pumped if he's back and has signed a long-term deal. Getting these young players tied up for awhile would be great, and we'll still have $$$ left over to approach Koppen and Samuel - though I think Graham is gone, no matter what.

Gotta agree a BIg shot in the arm...and a deflation if it's NOT...and if it's the latter, the Pats will make a move that WILL inflate..no way they are keeping the team hostage.

With Branch out, normally that should mean that our other WRs get more work, a better chance to learn the offense, which then pays dividends when/if Branch returns. However, this year hasn't felt that way, with Jackson missing so much of camp. It's felt more like we're giving a lot of minutes to guys that we'll cut anyway. Drat that hamstring of Chad's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back