PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Sheer Subliminal Brilliance of Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet it's so much better than his previous sig's including another Van Damme sig where he looked like he was....

If he's insistent on using a Van Damme sig, he could at least use his daughter...

View attachment 12915

Seriously, that's Jean Claude Van Damme's daughter.

Sadly, he's not a very good actor.

He looks great, but he can't act at all.

I say that will all the love in the world!

True. But he is very considerate.

Jean Claude and I got together for Brunch, once ~ I've Been Around...Ya know???

I was just thinking aloud, mind you, but I said "I think I'd like a Belgian Waffle."

And you know what he did???

He said "I'll get the Hash Browns....No!! The PanCakes!!"

Like I said: very considerate.

Hercule Poirot once did me the same Courtesy.

Great guys, those Flemings.

True. But he is very considerate.

Jean Claude and I got together for Brunch, once ~ I've Been Around...Ya know???

I was just thinking aloud, mind you, but I said "I think I'd like a Belgian Waffle."

And you know what he did???

He said "I'll get the Hash Browns....No!! The PanCakes!!"

Like I said: very considerate.

Hercule Poirot once did me the same Courtesy.

Great guys, those Flemings.

I too appreciate the virtues of of the "Flemings". Unfortunately, there are those who are those who do not.

True.

I'm a little surprised Tom would do this kind of ad. Granted it's an upscale mattress it is still a mattress.

That's why I think there is a Godfather undertone here...
People can read whatever they want into the ad. I don't. I don't think it's in the interests of the sponsor to be knowingly complicit in irritating the NFL and its owners. But, people are entitled to that opinion and I will respectfully disagree.

People can read whatever they want into the ad. I don't. I don't think it's in the interests of the sponsor to be knowingly complicit in irritating the NFL and its owners. But, people are entitled to that opinion and I will respectfully disagree.
NFL owners do not speak for the American consumer

NFL owners do not speak for the American consumer
No, but many of them own or have interests in consumer-oriented companies. They all have access to opinion makers. There's no reason to go out of your way to piss them off unless you have a reason. Brady has a reason. His sponsor doesn't.

No, but many of them own or have interests in consumer-oriented companies. They all have access to opinion makers. There's no reason to go out of your way to piss them off unless you have a reason. Brady has a reason. His sponsor doesn't.
I think you are overstating the influence NFL owners have.

It is no secret TB12 is fighting the NFL. Big deal.

Why do you think a mattress company selling a $5000.00 mattress would give a damn about whether the NFL is irritated or not? This isn't Budweiser.

Why do you think a mattress company selling a $5000.00 mattress would give a damn about whether the NFL is irritated or not? This isn't Budweiser.
Just my opinion.
A rule of thumb is business is not to tick off influential people unnecessarily, even if they are not directly related to your business. You never know what could come back to bite you.

Your sig is obnoxious. It's a football forum, not a bad martial arts movie forum.

I was thinking how I should respond. I'm still thinking about it because I still have mixed feelings. Hopefully I can change to a suitable gif sooner rather than later and hope that I can help you feel better. Sincerely. However, just a tip, I usually respond better to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes