PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The scrap heap!

Snake Eyes

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
What players would you jump at signing if another team were to release them? Keep in mind this is meant to be realistic, JJ Watt and Larry Fitz aren't coming through that door, it can also be a rookie you want signed to the practice squad.

Larry Fitgerald and JJ Watt are two guys that come to mind. Both have the potential to be impact players if they go to a contender.

seriously though, any talent at safety or DE/DT would be great. Darnell Docket, Ryan Pickett, and Red Bryant off the top of my head.

I would like to find another dt. Pass rush is sexy, but having guys in the middle that can stop the run is more important.

Between the vikings, cowboys, and chiefs, there has to be some dt cuts that can help us.

I want Griff Whalen if the Colts let him go. I'm not confident in the durability of Edelperson and Amendola, who can pass up a chance to get another white smurf receiver:D

I want Griff Whalen if the Colts let him go. I'm not confident in the durability of Edelperson and Amendola, who can pass up a chance to get another white smurf receiver:D
Sorry to disappoint, Griff is making the team. Has had a stellar camp.:D

Deji Karim from the Texans (and he hasn't made their roster yet). Would love to see that kind of speed on kick returns.

2 words.

Adam Seward.

I know he's retired. But he's just so awesome.

I'd be looking for DT depth. Add Cincy to that source list. And of course depth at CB. Pats might even add a "one more year" vet to OL but not as likely.

Deji Karim from the Texans (and he hasn't made their roster yet). Would love to see that kind of speed on kick returns.

Can't waste the spot on the 53 for a KR. Boyce too slow for you?

tumblr_mjo924Bxrt1qfgi90o1_500.jpg

we already have a better KR on the roster

Can't waste the spot on the 53 for a KR. Boyce too slow for you?

Boyce will be great but the more speed the better. :) Would also be the fastest RB on the team.

(He's the same guy that had that huge KO return for the Colts against the Texans late last year)

Wes Welker
il1jaw.gif

I'd be looking for DT depth. Add Cincy to that source list. And of course depth at CB. Pats might even add a "one more year" vet to OL but not as likely.

Agreed, DT is the position in the most need imo. I wonder if there is a team out there in need of a P and a TE that the patriots could package Mesko and Fells to in return for a 2nd string DT, but I also realize that's unlikely.

DT depth or Safety help. We have bodies for safeties, but I dunno if those guys are good enough.

This seems right.

The OL could be a youngster also, unless you're fine with Zusevics as the inactive lineman.

not quite the parameters you are looking for but here is the August 19th updated FA list for ALL the players out there that can be signed...

Best Available NFL Free Agents - Offense | The Sideline View

Awesome list! I added the defensive list.

Best Available NFL Free Agents - Defense | The Sideline View

I am sure there are strong 'feelings' involved but maybe a few hugs ($$$$) could convince Seymour to return. DT depth is very thin, this would create a nice rotation across the front.

We're good at WR....trust the kids!

Interior DL, maybe back up OL and if a really good Dback came available, that is where we may need some depth / help.

We do have 10MM available, so, if Rodney Harrison happens to show up for lunch at a certain restaurant on Rte 1 or if Ted Washington happens to make a comeback, hell, even if Russ Hochstein appears, .........sign them up!!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back