PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Road to The Ring 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It's Sunday and no football, so I decided to rematch what I had on the DVR. Game at Indy vs Luck, the "future of the NFL". Also known as the RUN JONES GRAY game. It's ironic that Gray and Wright were big in this game but soon dropped from sight. Pats always led in this contest.

Pats had the ball with 2 minutes to go in the half on about their 20 and Brady sees the coverage and checks out of the called play. Throws to Gronk running open down the left sideline. But the center and the right guard Stork and Wendell let the tackle run free up the middle and smash Brady who loops a duck worthy of Manning for a pick. Luck drives the 30 something yards for a TD.

Pats scored again to open the 2nd half but the Colts were yet to be deflated as they in turn scored a TD on a tackle eligible play. Somehow it's not "bending the rules" when the other teams employ tackle eligible plays.

Edelperson set up another TD by taking an end around run for 25 yards with Gronk pulling and destroying a DB to make the long gain inside the 10.

Most memorable is a later Jones Gray TD where after the TD, Gronk tosses Sergio Brown out of the club with extreme prejudice. Not done yet, on their next series Gronk scores a classic TD where he motions to the left, tosses off a LB and aided by a brutal block by The Squirrel runs to the goal line where he vaults over the reluctant defenders. A rare BB smile greeted Gronk after the HOF TD.

This was truly a great season.

If anyone re-watches a 2014 game, post the highlights here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore