PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The rise and fall of one-game wonder Jonas Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Wow! I remember the Sports Illustrated Cover Jonas Gray's rise and fall was like in one night similar to the Jin Dynasty. His example is a good one to learn from especially for some of those young kid's with Big Ego's. Jonas should become a pioneer and sell his story he could milk that experience.

What I remember from that game was Gronk's ridiculous play where he broke about 5 tackles and flipped into the end zone. That and mauling that Colt defensive back into the camera tower.

That was a monster game he had I remember it vividly. Very sad story. It is amazing how people are still late for his meetings.

tl;dr the week after that big game his cell phone died and the alarm didn't go off, so he missed a meeting and and after that he didn't play much.

Gray woke up at 8:30 for an 8am meeting... and didn't go to the facility until 5:30pm to speak with BB.

Gray tweeted a few days later about "how fast people can turn their back on you."

These actions did not reflect well on him.

That said, I do wish him the best. Anyone can f*** up... it's all how you come back from it.

that was good stuff

here's the si article: November 24, 2014 Issue Viewer

My8u9My.jpg

So sad. I feel bad for him. Sure, his subsequent actions were unwarranted, but you hate to see someone work so hard to get to a point and suddenly become a flash in the pan. It's all over, just like that.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

He is 29 years old. 5'10" and 230 lbs.

We DO need a fullback...........;)

It would break a small portion of the internet.

Wish our holes looked like that SI cover for our RBs this year....

That was good article...FROM ESPN....but still a good one....

Somewhere, Dikembe is shedding a wistful tear...

It was the Colts D line, and that was how they always looked....

Lol funny he thinks he’d have been a star, I doubt it. Sorry to see him fail tho, wouldn’t wish that on him.

Gray woke up at 8:30 for an 8am meeting... and didn't go to the facility until 5:30pm to speak with BB.
to be fair, and directly from the article:

"Kevin Anderson, who was the Patriots' football operations manager at the time, texted and stopped by to check on Gray. ....Anderson told him to stay home until he called him later. "

it wasnt like he woke up at 8:30am and decided to chill unti 5:30pm

It wouldn't be a Patsfans thread without someone taking the opportunity to ***** about something unrelated to thread topic for the millionth time. Well played, sir.

It wouldn't be a Patsfans thread without someone taking the opportunity to ***** about something unrelated to thread topic for the millionth time. Well played, sir.
People on this board are great at creatively turning any possible conversation into a personnel complaint. We should make it a game on its own. "One Degree of Draft Complaining".

Reading these two sections back to back is quite depressing:

He wonders where he'd be right now if his phone had been charged on that November day.

"I don't think I'd still be with the Patriots," he says. "But I'd definitely be in the NFL. I probably would be somewhere with a large contract playing on a team. I probably would've left New England because they couldn't pay me."

Gray attended an XFL summer showcase in July, and Stellato said his client is in the best shape of his life. But Gray wasn't selected in last month's draft.

The phone charger thing is a red herring. He lost his job because Blount is a better player. Article tries to spin a narrative, then casually mentions that he couldn't make the XFL.

The phone charger thing is a red herring. He lost his job because Blount is a better player. Article tries to spin a narrative, then casually mentions that he couldn't make the XFL.
So he’s garbage. Or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes