PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Red Sox Suck..

Gonna be difficult to trade, as the RS will probably be on the hook for most of his salary...

Wonder how his golf game is, probably better than his pitching game.

they need to bite the bullet and get rid of the guy. get whatever they can because hes a cancer now. addition by subtraction.

Re: Beckett
He's contracted until 2014 right.

Take the hit of this years contract, 10 of next year. 8 of the last year.
Even at that I don't see anyone interested in taking him.

Guy needs to go though.

Pitching is killing this team. Bats haven't been great, but the pitching has been horrendous.

From 98.5

I don't see why they just don't cut Bobby V loose and name Luchino and Cherington co-managers already. It's clear that Bobby is just a puppet for whatever decisions the front office makes.

Good thing these knuckleheads don't run the Pats. Imagine if Kraft said to BB "Bledsoe starts" back in 2001. Things would be pretty different around here.
Declining production, often injured and straight back into the line up at the expense of a talented, younger player showing promise. It makes perfect sense doesn't it.

im listening to the same thing. i have hated Beckett for awhile now. this just confirms everything i thought about that piece of crap.
Yes you have and rather publicly. I've tried to defend the Sox players, but the more that comes out, the less professional they appear.

Beckett seems like a guy who can only stay motivated for a year at a time (even then that seems a stretch).

Fairly soon, administrators are going to have to contemplate whether or not to blow up the Red Sox roster. A major organisational purge appears needed.

Ok, well, 4 in a row. Now that's over. I dunno about you guys, but I am ready to buy my post season tix now.

Oh yeah, they are still in last.

Ok, well, 4 in a row. Now that's over. I dunno about you guys, but I am ready to buy my post season tix now.

heres what it comes down to for me. if they the redsox were 100 percent healthy and had everybody at there disposal ready and eager to play would they be a world series championship team? the answer imo is no way in hell. don't let this team of arrogant selfish me first players set the hook in you. 4 game win streak 6 game win streak who cares. dont get sucked in. i myself hope they lose and lose and lose every game they play. thats what its going to take for the ownership to make major changes. and thats whats needed. ok im done. lol

heres what it comes down to for me. if they the redsox were 100 percent healthy and had everybody at there disposal ready and eager to play would they be a world series championship team? the answer imo is no way in hell. don't let this team of arrogant selfish me first players set the hook in you. 4 game win streak 6 game win streak who cares. dont get sucked in. i myself hope they lose and lose and lose every game they play. thats what its going to take for the ownership to make major changes. and thats whats needed. ok im done. lol

I was being very sarcastic. They are a bunch of high paid, me first, prima donas. Ownership is no better, nero fiddles while rome burns. Hey, let's sell some bricks!

5-0 makes for 5 in a row:)

Beckett goes 7 with 4 hits/two walks, no runs

I'm feeling a little tickle in the back of my throat. Could be Red Sox fever, could also be that I smoked for 25 years.

5-0 makes for 5 in a row:)

Beckett goes 7 with 4 hits/two walks, no runs

I'm feeling a little tickle in the back of my throat. Could be Red Sox fever, could also be that I smoked for 25 years.
lmao:D:D thats to funny. i just finished watching four days in October on espn2 30 for 30 show about the alcs vs the yankees. it reminded me what a great ride that season was. what a contrast between then and now. those were special times and that was a unbelievably special team back in o4.

lmao:D:D thats to funny. i just finished watching four days in October on espn2 30 for 30 show about the alcs vs the yankees. it reminded me what a great ride that season was. what a contrast between then and now. those were special times and that was a unbelievably special team back in o4.

people sure weren't saying that mid-season, or when they were down 3-0 :)

Chico's right. We're gonna look like A-holes if they end up winning this whole thing. Hell, I followed them half-assed them for most of the first half of '04, I was so pissed off at them for losing '03.

Seems I am The Angry Red Sox Fan....sounds like a blog post coming on that tonight.

rotation still isn't good enough.

But when Lackey comes back.........

oh darn

Chico's right. We're gonna look like A-holes if they end up winning this whole thing. Hell, I followed them half-assed them for most of the first half of '04, I was so pissed off at them for losing '03.

Seems I am The Angry Red Sox Fan....sounds like a blog post coming on that tonight.
At this early stage of the season, the Sox don't look like a championship caliber team. Luckily, there's 500 games left in the season. :p

That aside, what's up with A-Gon? He looks terrible at the plate. Chasing balls off the plate, looking off kilter with no solid stance. It's night and day compared to his 2011 season. 2 home runs is a testament to that.

At this early stage of the season, the Sox don't look like a championship caliber team. Luckily, there's 500 games left in the season. :p

That aside, what's up with A-Gon? He looks terrible at the plate. Chasing balls off the plate, looking off kilter with no solid stance. It's night and day compared to his 2011 season. 2 home runs is a testament to that.
He's carry a lot of weight on those shoulders at the minute.
hopefully when the DL gang come back he feels less burdened and does some damage.

not a great return from him in 2012.

The talking heads are trying to make something out of David Ortiz' players only meeting after Beckett's blow out loss. Looks like they may have turned the corner. Thoughts?

The talking heads are trying to make something out of David Ortiz' players only meeting after Beckett's blow out loss. Looks like they may have turned the corner. Thoughts?
The pitching appears to have taken a turn for the better.

It concerns me that these guys (beckett, lester, et al) seem to need a kick in the ass to motivate themselves to pitch well. Again, a very stark contrast to Foxboro, where it's all about winning.

It does appear that this team needs an infusion of "winners". Papi certainly qualifies as a guy who knows what it takes to get it done. I am at a loss as far as the pitchers. Beckett should have the fire to be on of the GOAT's. 3 rings would be quite a feat, yet he seems content to show up and collect his check. Maybe they've turned it around, we'll see soon enough.

the redsox aren't any better than they were last year and we know how that turned out. if anything they are worse. i remain unimpressed.

Fair due to them.

Back at .500 now. Injuries are so darn frustrating.

2 excellent performances from Beckett (dare I say how many more strong performances before he can be traded?) and a bullpen that has settled down with very strong performances.

Its a long season. But at least they are showing some fight now.

Any chance this team can start developing some positive momentum soon?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back