PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Quinn Nordin era also begins

New plan for BB...Go for broke. Inside the 25, go for it on 4th. Who needs XP...a 50% success rate on the 2 pt conversions is just as good (it worked for basketball and the 3 pt line). FG tries only 40+ yards.

my heart would love that strategy!

Folk is available at any time. His 2021 salary is guaranteed, and he is earning an additional $14K a week. No other team is likely to pay him enough to switch from this great deal. If the team needs him, then he will get even more. The team would negotiate a price for the rest of the year that, of course, has to be more than he would get for sitting.

The team has insurance. If Nordin is a failure, then whether he makes the Practice Squad is probably irrelevant, although Belichick might sign to the Practice Squad.

New plan for BB...Go for broke. Inside the 25, go for it on 4th. Who needs XP...a 50% success rate on the 2 pt conversions is just as good (it worked for basketball and the 3 pt line). FG tries only 40+ yards.

my heart would love that strategy!

giphy.gif

that's the right attitude

BB: "Wait, Cameron, you didn't tell him?"

Achord: "No, I thought you did all the cutting players stuff!"

BB: "****, Matt, you didn't happen to tell Quinn he was cut did you?"

Patricia: "Mmmrgfff jerrff is ern derff befff"

BB: "Okay, Matt's eating a sandwich... Ernie, could yo... crap, Ernie's gone. Well, we roll with Nordin I guess then! Josh, I need you to-"

McDaniels: "Lotsa 2-pt plays, got it..."

Seems like a different kind of guy.

I’m a fan of decent prospects being given their shot, but this does feel like a gamble. Folk is a consistent vet and was surprised to see him cut. Hope the gamble works and pays off.

Just remember.... Vinatieri was only 77 percent his first year. On extra points, even under the 'automatic' range, he was 93 percent.

I like it. Will really like it if he knows how to kick the ball through the uprights. Jealous of those teams that get to the opponents 40 and think, ok we got some points

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back