PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The ohrnberger with fries

Revman

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Rich Ohrnberger is someone Dante really liked alot because of his ability to understand the play calls during interviews. He is probably very similar to Koppen-Hochstein-Neal type players. Tough, nasty, overachievers that love to play. He could make switch to center. I expect him to make this team. Future starter? Center-guard-tackle-versatile as they come.

Rich Ohrnberger is someone Dante really liked alot because of his ability to understand the play calls during interviews. He is probably very similar to Koppen-Hochstein-Neal type players. Tough, nasty, overachievers that love to play. He could make switch to center. I expect him to make this team. Future starter? Center-guard-tackle-versatile as they come.
Do you have a link to the source for that information on Dante's reaction?

I projected Ohrnberger as a reserve G/C who will give Hochstein, Yates, Johnson, and Connelly a fight; Bussey was the LT at Louisville so I expected him to have 4-5 position versatility, but he'd probably need to go to the Practice Squad unless he beat out one of the old guard reserves in the interior.

Do you have a link to the source for that information on Dante's reaction?

I projected Ohrnberger as a reserve G/C who will give Hochstein, Yates, Johnson, and Connelly a fight; Bussey was the LT at Louisville so I expected him to have 4-5 position versatility, but he'd probably need to go to the Practice Squad unless he beat out one of the old guard reserves in the interior.

I second the request for a link,,

The statement that Dante loves the player makes sense because there had to be something special about this kid to get BB to trade a proven player for a draft pick(s) that may never see the field.

I do like the pick because of Orhnberger's versatility and starting experience in a high profile program.

I also like the pick simply because interior line is usually a good value spot for rounds 4-5 compared to other positions. Since guards are undervalued to begin with, you can get a future starter in the mid rounds if you play the cards right.

He is going to have to get a lot bigger and stronger in order to get on the field this season.

In my mind he is a guy who could be special two seasons down the road.

He is going to have to get a lot bigger and stronger in order to get on the field this season.

In my mind he is a guy who could be special two seasons down the road.

Can you expand on that thought??

Can you expand on that thought??
Leverage, Strength, Mobility, and Intelligence, in equal proportions, are the key ingredients for a NE Offensive Lineman. If you examine the five returning starters you see guys who use excellent technique, are naturally strong, and get themselves in position to execute their assignment quickly and smoothly.

Ohrnberger is a little light with reported weights ranging from 291-302, he needs to consistently hold his weight in the 300-305 range, but he's reported to be a very good technician. He has excellent mobility, he's obviously strong to be a three year starter inside for a Big Ten team, and as a noted team comedian he's clearly bringing the necessary intelligence to the job. Finally at 6'2 1/4" he's generally going to win the leverage battle with DTs.

Leverage, Strength, Mobility, and Intelligence, in equal proportions, are the key ingredients for a NE Offensive Lineman. If you examine the five returning starters you see guys who use excellent technique, are naturally strong, and get themselves in position to execute their assignment quickly and smoothly.

Ohrnberger is a little light with reported weights ranging from 291-302, he needs to consistently hold his weight in the 300-305 range, but he's reported to be a very good technician. He has excellent mobility, he's obviously strong to be a three year starter inside for a Big Ten team, and as a noted team comedian he's clearly bringing the necessary intelligence to the job. Finally at 6'2 1/4" he's generally going to win the leverage battle with DTs.

"Low man wins" Coach Pell used to scream that at our linemen in college.

Leverage is huge and can be mitigated somewhat. At 291 pounds, maintaining leverage and anchoring is very exhausting against 330 plus pound DT's.

I do think Orhnsburger uses his hands well and that is a big plus.

I still think he could be special at center two plus years down the line.

Thanks,,

Same subject different folks,,

How would HOFer Dwight Stephenson do against today's Jamal Williams????????

"Low man wins" Coach Pell used to scream that at our linemen in college.

Leverage is huge and can be mitigated somewhat. At 291 pounds, maintaining leverage and anchoring is very exhausting against 330 plus pound DT's.

I do think Orhnsburger uses his hands well and that is a big plus.

I still think he could be special at center two plus years down the line.

I too think that his natural and eventual PRO position is a Good Center. But I isuspect he will start by beating out Yates as second interior reserve, behind Hochstein. Bussey is the true Guard candidate. But Hochstein will probably gets pushed out in the 2010 season, when Kaczur get bumped from ROT, and moves inside.

Here's an interesting bit from Nick Caserio, courtesy of Reiss:

Caserio described fourth-round offensive lineman Rich Orhnberger as a “bulldog” who he’d pick to be the last man standing in a dark room filled with people.

I want that guy on my side.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back