PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, only 2 tackles active for us - - what happens if either Solder or Canon go down? I guess they could plug McDonald in if need be, but this is tough.

throw wilfork in there

This is the weakest group of receivers I can remember. McCourtney and Talib as corners should be able to shut down the outside. Chung and Gregory should get an opportunity to work together against Sanchez, who can't beat them deep. The secondary looks good to me with Wilson, Dennard, Arrington and Cole

Patricia can dial up some pressure on Sanchez from different angles. This would be a great game to experiment with blitz packages.

Actually the historical data shows we win when we don't blitz a lot and lose when we do vs. Sanchez. He's one of those mistake makers Bill's scheme tends to account for even if it looks ugly in the process. You want to pressure him for sure, but you also want to contain him and frustrate him via coverage.

You want to pressure him for sure, but you also want to contain him and frustrate him via coverage.
Good defenses can blitz and cover tightly at the same time.

Some pressure and sacks early will rattle him enough that he'll fold like a cheap suit.

Contain the run early to make him try and beat you thru the air.

He's no Manning ! :singing:

Vollmer traveled with the team to NY which would lead you to believe they expected him to play, so that sounds a little less like a plan to rest.

Vollmer traveled with the team to NY which would lead you to believe they expected him to play, so that sounds a little less like a plan to rest.

He has been questionable all year and toughing it out. Short rest must have been too much. Big shoes to fill.

Some pre game warmup positional tweets

Jeff Howe‏@jeffphowe

With Wilson in second safety group RT @B_Millaa: @jeffphowe Chung?

4mMike Reiss‏@MikeReiss

In warmups, Alfonzo Dennard at RCB over Kyle Arrington with top unit. Devin McCourty at safety alongside Steve Gregory. Will see if it holds

4mGreg A. Bedard‏@GregABedard

Hernandez looks much better in warmups than he did before the three weeks off.

Go Pats !!

Last edited:
Should have taken a nap before this game. I'm beat. :(

Oh god...Cannon is our RT. He almost got all 3 QBs killed during the preseason.

Guess you haven't watched the games. Cannon has been in on several occasions at RT and done just fine during the season. Early in the season, he played almost the full game at RT because Vollmer started but came out after like 2 series.

Let's go Pats!

Happy Thanksgiving to all those south of the border, hope you've had a wonderful, turkey-filled day! For a Canadian, this is just the best Thursday of the year! :D

Ready to go for game day. Beer? Check. Patriots glass that came complementary with a case of beer? Check. Patriots hat that came with a bigger case of beer? Check. Maybe I drink too much... but I'm just gonna take the denial route and say my love of the Patriots runs that deep.

Enjoy the game everyone! I've seen a lot of great threads on here today about everything we have to be thankful for. Please let's keep that in mind should we feel the urge to disinherit the D should they give up a few groaners today yes? The boys will get it done.

d%#*!@t! Faith Hill has the night off.

:mad:

LET'S GO!!!!! LETS CRASH SOME RATS!!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Suddenly feeling like I want Uggs slippers for Christmas. Because they're so manly now.

Guess you haven't watched the games. Cannon has been in on several occasions at RT and done just fine during the season. Early in the season, he played almost the full game at RT because Vollmer started but came out after like 2 series.

Early in the season, especially the Cardinals game, was when we had problems with the offensive line. Maybe Cannon has stepped it up, but I'd much rather have Vollmer. Especially on the road vs a divisonal opponent treating this game like their Super Bowl.

Let's go Pats!

Happy Thanksgiving to all those south of the border, hope you've had a wonderful, turkey-filled day! For a Canadian, this is just the best Thursday of the year! :D

Ready to go for game day. Beer? Check. Patriots glass that came complementary with a case of beer? Check. Patriots hat that came with a bigger case of beer? Check. Maybe I drink too much... but I'm just gonna take the denial route and say my love of the Patriots runs that deep.

Enjoy the game everyone! I've seen a lot of great threads on here today about everything we have to be thankful for. Please let's keep that in mind should we feel the urge to disinherit the D should they give up a few groaners today yes? The boys will get it done.

Were Canadians, were supposed to drink a lot :D

Having Connolly and Chung back is the good news, of course the Volmer and Cole inactivation is the bad news. OL depth is incredibly bad shape, but against the Jets having Cannon as the RT is probably the best case scenario. Its not like they have the kind of outside pass rushers that we've faced most of the season. The thing is we CANNOT afford another OL injury.

Cole has been doing a good job in the dime. He will be missed, and on special teams as well. But on the other hand getting Chung back helps the run defense, and adds depth and flexibility to the secondary. I'm expecting good things from our secondary this game. But I might be alone in that feeling here

BTW- its interesting to see that all 4 teams who have had to deal with the short week have put up HUGE numbers in the passing game with over 1500 yds of passing in just 2 games. Maybe this isn't the right time to expect a great game from the secondary.

So Nick McDonald and who are our reserve OLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down