PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots/Broncos Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Gronk, Wilfork, Mayo, Volmer and Kelly are playing, we are the best team in football, there's no doubt in my mind.

Of course.

But do you still feel the same way if you change that to a more realistic "If some of ..."?

This never should have happened...

Jets and the only attack call of the year. Think about it.

Carolina and Clete Blakeman decides it is uncatchable.

Today, Hooman sets a pick. Wes gets to knock Talib out of the game, somebody gets to pick Ryan off a play, and Ryan gets called, then Dennard gets run off a wr screen from the snap.

Whoever posted the us against Goodell thread was correct. This game was ******* bull****.

Whoever wins the NFC Championship game needs to be on the league office all day every day until the super bowl about those illegal picks. Broncos entire offense revolves around an illegal play.

Re: Will Bob Kraft ever pay a big name receiver free agent

And then he was a free agent the next season and the Pats paid him pretty well.

I agree. Got Moss for pennies on the dollar but before it was all said and done, Moss was paid. Any first/second round WR's you all like? Benjamin from FSU could fit in nice with Tom.

The Patriots paid big money to a top 5 receiving weapon in the NFL. He's 6'6", 270 pounds, and currently has one functioning knee.

Kraft has nothing to do with this. It's his money, but he rightfully stays out of how it is spent.

That's not exactly true—he will sometimes insist on talking to players before he signs the contract—but he doesn't tell BB who to sign.

Moss was past his prime.

must have been in hibernation during his time here..go back and watch the games

I don't even think they got Peyton's jersey dirty

Re: Will Bob Kraft ever pay a big name free agent receiver

At this point I accepting the scenario that Brady may retire with only his 3 SB's.

I don't wanna see him at 42 playing with a cane begging to win another SB.

There's really a fair shot over the next 2 years, but they are far away to be a team like the 49ers with a lot of pieces in place, SB ready.

I'm proud of this team though, the only team that could overcome all those injuries + Hernandez and go to the AFCCG.

They aren't that far away. We'll have big players coming back from IR, and the draft and FA.

Not to mention the 49ers and Seahawks for that matter have some tough decisions on contracts coming up. Kaepernick, might be getting a Flacco like deal. Not to mention expiring rookie deals like Crabtree, Aldon Smith and a good chunk of their O line. Same with Seattle. They can't afford to pay Wilson, Sherman, or Earl Thomas.

Brady needed to be perfect and he wasn't. His overthrows cost them momentum.

You don't think the altitude made his passes go just a hair over? I bet if those are in ne, they are Monday throws.

Niners. Those drug cheat Seahawk CBs are going to get flagged every play against manning.

I'll tell you what. This Sherman kid is quickly reaching Revis status before the Revis ACL injury...

You don't think the altitude made his passes go just a hair over? I bet if those are in ne, they are Monday throws.

He regularly misses long. He was the joint worse at throwing 25+ this season and certainly according to these eyes almost always misses long. I think he throws to avoid the interception.

That's not exactly true—he will sometimes insist on talking to players before he signs the contract—but he doesn't tell BB who to sign.
True. I don't think he's vetoed any "big name receiver" signings, though, which makes that complaint moot.

Re: Will Bob Kraft ever pay a big name free agent receiver

Brady doesn't suck throwing deep....he tries to throw to a spot only the receiver can get

I'd rather have him throw to the WR....I hear that's how the other QBs do it

This kind of thinking overlooks the fact that injuries are part of the game. Denver had a similar list of injured talent as the Patriots and what was left stomped what remained of the Patriots. If you put back all of the Patriots who are injured, please put back all of the injured Broncos as well. The Patriots got beat by a better team today but not because of injuries: their GM assembled more talent top to bottom (and BB helped).

Well the extent of injuries to Denver was not the same, but I'm just saying you can't play your best with the number of starters out of the game, I think offensively the problem was mostly injuries, Dobson, Danny, gronk, none healthy....tough season to deal with, denver didn't lose DT, ED and that is a factor, Von hasn't been a factor for two years so I don't count that. It doesn't matter they have welker, they didn't even really need him. Yeh they put together a good team, let's see how they do against a defense like Seattle or SF and then tell me how good they are. They will not win the SB. CK might just destroy Denver's defense, hope your watching.

Not really. Not when you're highlighting Aldon Smith as an example of an impact pass rusher.

13 players in the NFL got more total pressures on the QB than Chandler Jones this season. One of those was Rob Ninkovich and five were drafted higher than him.

I was highlighting Aldon Smith because he made a play as I was typing a response.

Is Jones elite or not? For me, it's a no. He has even less of an excuse if he's got a guy on the other side getting pressure consistently. Draft position has little to do with his execution of his role, just people's expectations of his success.

As an edge setter, he's regressing, and while I thought he was pretty effective last week, he was a ghost today and was a ghost for the tail end of the season. That's not what you're looking for out of a guy you traded up for in the first round. Hightower, although in a different role, had been taking a beating all season for a similar reason.

Our linebackers are as good as theirs. Now we just need upgrades at DT, DE, S, and CB

Safety - The Pats safeties are actually a good group. Definitely the 2nd to last place I'd spend money or a draft pick for the Pats Defense with LB being the last.

DE - A group of Chandler Jones, Michael Buchanon, Rob Ninkovich, and Andre Carter is actually a good group.

DT/NT - This is where the Pats need to focus, imho. They desperately need someone who can start to take over for Vince Wilfork at NT. I think that Chris Jones makes a great 3-Tech guy next to the NT on the left side. Siliga, imho, makes a great reserve NT, but I don't see him as 3-Tech guy or a starting NT. Vellano is probably best as a reserve 3-Tech guy.

CB - The Pats need someone to replace Talib in terms of depth. I honesly believe that Ryan and Dennard have the ability to be staring corners in the league. People forget that Ryan is a rookie and that Dennard missed a bunch of time with injuries. The next CB has to be someone who can play OUTSIDE, not at the Star. The Pats need to keep Arrington in the slot because he's so horrible outside.

CPLCF00Z.jpg

I need to pay Lucy a visit.

It's difficult to blame the CBs in this one. Hard to cover 4 elite receivers (J Thomas included) when your front seven doesn't get within five feet of Manning. It was a nightmare performance by Dennard but he is physically outmatched in every way by Thomas. It's not really his fault that he can't cover him one-one-one (see Hobbs, Ellis cerca Feb 2008).

If they don't think that Mallett is a legit successor to TB, they better draft a QB high next year because the end may be getting near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes