PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots at. Bills : GAME DAY THREAD 2015 Week 2 (9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mythconception?

Thesis: You beat Brady by pressuring “up the middle”.

I believe any form of pressure tends to help the defense more than the offense and broken/extended plays can be highlight darlings and doesn’t always work out for the offense.

The general fan sees Brady is an immobile QB without the ability to run. I wouldn’t say they would be wrong on this account, but I also think he’s more than he used to be. I didn’t go for stats, but by my eye, Brady seemed more mobile last year than he has in previous years. Plus, we all know that Brady tends to work on areas of his game that are perceived as weak and strengthen them. He still has his ability to sidestep pressure as well.

We saw this in the SB (and other games, but SB is probably the best example) that Brady can step up or go sideways to extend a play (and even, on occasion, run for a first down). In this regard he’s no Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson, but he’s a better version on Brady.

Unless the pressure is even across the line, we know Brady has “spidey sense” to avoid pressure. Combine this with a slightly faster version and it’s another thing that will have to prepare for and a feature they may not be prepared to handle. I’m not saying this will be a “game plan” for our offense, but certain something that can be there on need (2-4 times per game).

Thesis: Bills don’t give up the “long” ball.

Who cares, we can and usually do score by consistently getting first downs.

Plus Brady can be highly effective getting rid of the ball quickly (2.2 seconds or less). I think the Bills have some good players that can sniff out screens and that might not be much of our game plan today, but an aggressive D can manipulated by an expert like TB (who’s taken it to great defenses). Rex will dig into his bag of tricks to win his SB, so BB will have to have the team prepared.

Today's inactives:

CPW1JvGUwAA-GUQ.jpg:large

so we only have 3 WRS today?

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss now
Inactive Patriots: RB James White, S Nate Ebner, CB Justin Coleman, WR Keshawn Martin, DE Trey Flowers, OL Ryan Wendell, DT Dominique Easley

Rufus is active, glad to see that. He had a great preseason!!!!

No Ebner, did he play last week?

You know I'm really excited to watch this game, even got a new tv hung on the wall yesterday, and than a family member decides to have a kids birthday party at 2pm! !!! Is it wrong of me to wonder how they can do this to me? Lol :rolleyes:

You know I'm really excited to watch this game, even got a new tv hung on the wall yesterday, and than a family member decides to have a kids birthday party at 2pm! !!! Is it wrong of me to wonder how they can do this to me? Lol :rolleyes:

DVR and complete information embargo. Good luck!

Is Cadet BB'S secret weapon? I hope he has a record breakout day!

No Ebner, did he play last week?

He actually had snaps on D as well as ST.

If he's a healthy scratch, it's the first time in his career IIRC. Then again, they could just be alternating him and Wilson (who was inactive last week).

so we only have 3 WRS today?

Don't forget Cadet. Although he is listed as a RB, he is a very capable receiver. Look for him to play a big role today as a hybrid out of the backfield. Bet you this is something BB has been keeping in his backpocket for this particular game.

He actually had snaps on D as well as ST.

If he's a healthy scratch, it's the first time in his career IIRC. Then again, they could just be alternating him and Wilson (who was inactive last week).

Supposedly not a healthy scratch.. see earlier post with tweet about Ebner having to convince the training staff he was good to go..

Don't worry. Volin says they have a plan!

LOL. Imagine that... Going 5-wide with Gronk, Chandler and Williams plus Edelman and Lewis

Have to wonder if we see a lot of Lewis and cadet in the slot or split out.
If you believe that one of the reasons that they signed Cadet was to use him as a slot or at the Z, he is your 4th WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back