PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official "Moss emotions watch" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss is arguably the best WR of all time... so what difference is Brady from Moss?

yeah hate on Moss more...

Hey...believe me when I say I'm the biggest Randy Moss fan...I'm from Minnesota after all...I've watched all of his games...

But the fact is...at this time...the Patriots can probably win without Moss...probably not easy but they can still win...

Without Brady?...mmm...i'm not so sure...

Are you serious? Damn, some people will always find a way to pick Moss apart. The Woodhead TD, and others I'm sure, never would have happened if not for such dedicated coverage on Moss.

Are you serious? Damn, some people will always find a way to pick Moss apart. The Woodhead TD, and others I'm sure, never would have happened if not for such dedicated coverage on Moss.

It happened to work fine today but there will be more than a few times down the road where we will need some big numbers from moss,it just wasn't needed today.

Give us an opposing QB who can tell white from Aqua and then we need to call on 81.

Next year we will deal with his contract and if it don't work out we move on

Last edited:
so if Moss won't help the Pats much to win... how can anyone else expect him to help them??? Seriously wow you guys are so negative. Moss is a monster, you guys hate on him so much when he's our 2nd best player.

It happened to work fine today but there will be more than a few times down the road where we will need some big numbers from moss,it just wasn't needed today.

Give us an opposing QB who can tell white from Aqua and then we need to call on 81.

Next year we will deal with his contract and if it don't work out we move on

Definitely, and establishing the run and hernandez + tate as viable receiving options will only help Moss over the remainder of the season. He'll start reaping the benefits soon enough.

Quote:
Randy Moss very upbeat in the locker room despite only seeing one ball thrown his way. We had a conversation. That's not frequent.
Quote:
Moss is working his ass off for what it's worth. Hasn't seen a throw but he's not dogged a route I've seen

Okay, I think that pretty much wraps this one up.

;)

Last edited:
Some of you are worried about Moss? Our offense didn't touch the field tonight in reality. We had something like 20-25 plays under the gameplan.

Moss will be fine. He's been a team player ever since he came to NE, and he will stay that way, he wants a contract. He wants that contract with NE more than any other team.

Just one comment on this. At the beginning of the second half the sidline reporter for ESPN said she talked to Sparano and asked why Marshall hadn't been getting the ball. Sparano's response was that it was coverage but that they had to do a better job of moving Marshall around and getting him the football. On the other end of the spectrum, the same reporter asked Belichick the same question about Moss. Belichick also noted that it was coverage, but said that we had other players to get the ball to in those situations.

I think the Patriots should make more of an effort to get the ball in Randy's hands, he's been targeted a total 4 times in the past 2 games, but their philosophy worked tonight.

I think the Patriots should call the best plays to do long sustained scoring drives to force the opposing team's offense to hurry up and thus become less efficient which will help a young developing defense.

Moss is great, sure, but don't underestimate the value of a solid quarterback combined with guys who know how to get open in the short to mid-range game.

If the caption at the bottom of the screen said "Randy Moss just signed to a 4 yr deal and they panned to him do you think the producers of MNF would poke him so he would laugh while in the shot??? Point is its exactly that a pan in live action. They were probably spying him and waited till he had no expression to use to their advantage. He has no clue whats up on the screen or when the camera is on him when on the sidelines. It is not his job to give emotion its the producers job to make ratings happen. Its that simple

Great thread after a big Divisional win on the road pete :ugh:

Huge win tonight, that was a must.

However, I'm sure I'm not the only one who got nervous at the end of the game when the camrea panned on Moss, showing his 0 catches and an expressionless face (compared to all his excited teammates)

Here's hoping for no nonsense from this guy again. Loved seeing us having a balanced offense tonight.

Yes...because I'm sure that's exactly what he was thinking to himself when the camera panned on him. As a matter of fact he could probably hear the BSPN announcers from the field. Are you serious???? Damn pessimistic fits you to a tee

Randy wants to win. That's it....Period. I'm sure he lead the team in the victory speech in the locker room. Post a thread about that when the video is released!

Last edited:
What people don't seem to get is that when he had no catch games with the Raiders, it pissed him off because they were games Oakland lost. Moss has never complained about his touches when his team wins, there's no reason to think he'll start now.

When looking at the drives, look at the scoring. 3 TDs came from special teams failures, in probably the worst special teams performance I've ever seen.

And we weren't constantly throwing multiple defenders at Moss. Played a lot of cover 1 tonight.

Congrats, I hope that "We shut down Randy Moss using cover 1 most of the time" trophy is shiny and looks good next to the "We blew New England out when Matt Cassel was making his 2nd career start with the genius wildcat offense!" trophy.

Btw, it's funny that 2 years after ESPN's wildcat *********** about how it was the most genius gameplan in NFL history because it beat the evil Patriots, the Dolphins only used it once early on, and quickly ditched it after Cunningham and Meriweather busted it to end a drive. It only took 2 years to go from most genius gameplan ever to gimmicky trick that surprised a team once.

The playcalling certainly doesn't help Randy Moss get open. A lot of plays Vontae was 10-15 yards off of Moss and yet he ran 20+ yards on every single pass play in the first half (not sure about second half)

Throw a screen or quick out to him. It is an easy 5-10 yards... I think he deserves to be targeted.

I still think Moss goes off later in the season for some big yardage. Probably not against the Ravens because they always seem to do a good job against him.

When looking at the drives, look at the scoring. 3 TDs came from special teams failures, in probably the worst special teams performance I've ever seen.

And we weren't constantly throwing multiple defenders at Moss. Played a lot of cover 1 tonight.

I wasn't looking at the scoring. I was looking at the drives where the offense actually had to move the ball. The first drive was a dud but they were backed up. The last 2 drives they didn't try to score. The blocked punt wasn't much of a drive (2 rushes).

That only leaves 4 drives to evaluate. Three 12+ play drives with at least 4 first downs. The other drive would have led to points as well if not for a phantom holding call on Light (he had a legit holding later that was waived off for some odd reason) with Hernandez getting the Pats to the Fins 26. I'll say it again...the Fins had zero passes defensed in the game. They never touched a Brady pass all night. If Moss was singled covered (and he wasn't for most of the night...I respect that you were there but I don't know what you were looking at), then what the hell was everyone else doing?

I like the way Randy handled himself last night. Curran said he followed him all night and he never didn't go all out. It would be nice to get open and nice to make a play even when your opportunities are limited as part of the game plan, which I believe was the case last evening. But as long as you do your job 110% whatever it may be you are being a team player.

Vince is on WEEI now and talking about how he's competitive and it bothers him sometimes when he doesn't have a tackle even when he knows he's doing his job, and he wants to have sacks and pressures and tackles for losses. But he always remembers they have a sign up in the locker room that says:

Mental toughness is doing what is right for the team even when everything isn't going right for yourself.

Btw, it's funny that 2 years after ESPN's wildcat *********** about how it was the most genius gameplan in NFL history because it beat the evil Patriots, the Dolphins only used it once early on, and quickly ditched it after Cunningham and Meriweather busted it to end a drive. It only took 2 years to go from most genius gameplan ever to gimmicky trick that surprised a team once.

Don't know who said it last night, "They should take that wildcat back to the Miami Zoo." Hilarious!

I like the way Randy handled himself last night. Curran said he followed him all night and he never didn't go all out. It would be nice to get open and nice to make a play even when your opportunities are limited as part of the game plan, which I believe was the case last evening. But as long as you do your job 110% whatever it may be you are being a team player.

Vince is on WEEI now and talking about how he's competitive and it bothers him sometimes when he doesn't have a tackle even when he knows he's doing his job, and he wants to have sacks and pressures and tackles for losses. But he always remembers they have a sign up in the locker room that says:

Mental toughness is doing what is right for the team even when everything isn't going right for yourself.
i thought this is what currran tweeted

Moss is working his ass off for what it's worth. Hasn't seen a throw but he's not dogged a route I've seen

Correct. He pulled the double-team upfield with him, opening up the field for Woodhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back