PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Julian Edelman Crow Eating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyToAmendola

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Do people realize how good this guy has been this year? I did not think this guy would even come close to putting up the production that we'd lost from Welker, but a case could be made that he's been just as good as Welker.

vs Buffalo: 7 receptions, 9 targets, 79 yards, 2 TDs
vs Jets: 13 receptions, 18 targets, 78 yards
vs Tampa: 7 receptions, 7 targets, 44 yards
vs Falcons: 7 receptions, 9 targets, 118 yards

That's 34 receptions on 43 targets, and 319 yards.

Which is on pace for 136 receptions and 1280 yards.

Do those numbers remind you of anyone? I for one was completely wrong about the guy. He is a heck of a receiver.

He has maintained his league lead in receptions, now tied with Andre Johnson. He also improved his yards per reception from 7.4 to 9.4 in just one game.

No crow to be had here. Just want to see others eat it.

I never doubted his ability to get open, or to learn anything he was still lacking on route-running. I didn't think he'd show the hands to exploit it.

Do people realize how good this guy has been this year? I did not think this guy would even come close to putting up the production that we'd lost from Welker, but a case could be made that he's been just as good as Welker.

vs Buffalo: 7 receptions, 9 targets, 79 yards, 2 TDs
vs Jets: 13 receptions, 18 targets, 78 yards
vs Tampa: 7 receptions, 7 targets, 44 yards
vs Falcons: 7 receptions, 9 targets, 118 yards

Which is on pace for 136 receptions and 1280 yards.

Do those numbers remind you of anyone? I for one was completely wrong about the guy. He is a heck of a receiver.

He's also a better PR and CB than Welker.

And he does it at less than 1/6 the cap space.

He's smart, has good hands and this is his 5th year on the team. I'm glad to see him do well and especially at a time where we desparately need it. When Amendola and Gronk are back it will almost be with slight sadness that guys like Edelman and Dobson won't be seeing as much playing time.

He's smart, has good hands and this is his 5th year on the team. I'm glad to see him do well and especially at a time where we desparately need it. When Amendola and Gronk are back it will almost be with slight sadness that guys like Edelman and Dobson won't be seeing as much playing time.

Don't be too sad. With Gronk and Amendola back, Edelman will be available for many more big plays as he'll be facing CB#3-5.

To be honest he has shown plenty of flashes in the past but nothing to really suggest he could carry the load as a starter. Im glad hes doing great though.

I posted before he was signed how much he means to this team and how foolish it would've been had he left. Glad he is still with us and producing. He is a solid player and a hard worker.

I have always loved edelman the punt returner but hated him anything else. This new wide receiver version of him has me eating crow. It tastes like chicken.

He's always been a pretty good player for them when he's healthy. Very shifty in the open field and has good quickness off the line and a playmaker with the ball in his hands. His health has been his biggest issue, not a talent one. As long as he stays healthy he'll have a career year just given the circumstances.

Edelman's gonna get PAID! Not as much as Talib, but hopefully we can afford him. LOL

No crow to be had here. Just want to see others eat it.
I hope you're not waiting under water without a snorkel. The Edelman haters=crickets...

We as fans just brushed Edelman's injury aside last year. Maybe it was bigger than we thought? If the Ravens CB3 is on Edelman instead of Branch maybe its a different game.

Our full strength offense is scary, especially when Edelman is the 3rd WR.

Shotgun
3 WR (Amendola, KT, Edelman)
1 RB (Vereen)
1 TE (Gronk)

That will rival the 2010-2012 offenses. :)

Always been a fan of Edelperson. He was the NFL's leading punt returner before last night as well as being a much needed safety valve for TFB. In the past he'd have issues with balls bouncing off his hands but I think he's improved in that area as his routes have become more automatic muscle memory so that he can focus on making the catch. You can see the opposite in our young wideouts who always had good hands in college but learning the routes and the Pro game distracts their brain and sometimes causes them to miss catches that were easy for the. As their mind body adapts and learn the routes automatically, the more egregious drops should be reduced.

Back to Edes, he did OK as an emergency nickel back in his stint a few years ago as well.

I've always been more concerned about his health, personally speaking.

Ability was never his problem to me, when given the opportunity he has produced (I expect the #'s to go down when Gronk/DA come back but he'll still contribute nicely). Durability is the concern with him, last year he got hurt right after a great performance against the Jets and looking like he was going to break out as a regular contributor. Right now I feel he's picking up where he left off plus some because of the injuries and being forced into a more feature role. But I think once Gronk/DA are back, Thompkins are a bit more comfortable, hopefully Sudfield and Dobson pick up the slack a bit (not as confident on those fronts with Dobson's injury now) this pass attack will really be something special and Edelman will be a part of it.

That's why I really don't think this team is missing welker...what we really are missing is gronk as that red zone threat/unstoppable force

Not to take away from welker as he's a great player...but the pats plugged amendola in there week 1 and he looked welker like, and now he goes down and they plug edelman in there and he puts up Welker type numbers

but a case could be made that he's been just as good as Welker.

I don't think Welker was catching 79% of his targets last year.

A case could be made that he is playing better than Welker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes