PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Jakobi Meyers appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish commentators would shut up about him "not being athletic." It isn't just Booger the Buffoon, who I expect stupidity from, but almost every time he's talked about they bring up his 40 time and conclude he isn't a great athlete and is like the little engine that could or something. Are you kidding me? Speed is clearly not a problem for Meyers. The chart below shows, outside of Moss, that these times are practically random when it comes to observed speed, deep play ability, big play breakouts, etc, and it's shocking that some players are equal to or higher than others despite being clearly slower in reality (example, Graham vs. Hernandez, Dobson vs. everyone else., Hogan vs. Gordon). The success of these players appears to have almost no correlation with their 40 time, provided it is within the normal range, which Meyers is within.

Moss - 4.25
Dorsett - 4.25
B. Johnson - 4.26
Jackson - 4.32
Dobson - 4.37
Price - 4.41
Berrios - 4.44
Mitchell - 4.45
Branch - 4.47
Maroney - 4.48
Watson - 4.50
Hogan - 4.50
Tate - 4.52
Edelman - 4.52
Gordon - 4.52
Harry - 4.53
Michel - 4.54
White - 4.57
Faulk - 4.57
Lewis - 4.57
Amendola - 4.58
Meyers - 4.63
Hernandez 4.64
Graham - 4.64
Welker - 4.65
Ridley - 4.66
Bolden - 4.66
Sanu - 4.67
Gronkowski - 4.68

Other Selected Notables
Antonio Brown - 4.56
Davante Adams - 4.56
Chad Johnson - 4.57
Cris Carter - 4.63
Larry Fitzgerald - 4.63
Anquan Boldin - 4.71
Jerry Rice - 4.71

Last edited:
The part about losing Cesario that concerns me most is how much of our UDFA success is because of him? How much is BB?? Not sure BB has time to scour the land for these gems; M. Butler, A. Butler, J. Jones, Andrews,JC Jackson, B. King and others

I think he will be a very good #4 with a shot at being a decent #3 receiver

If I ever splurge on official NFL* jerseys again, it'll be with a JM and a N'Keal.

I took the plunge, bros. Got a Jakobi, a N'Keal, and a personalized one with my last name on it. Oh yeah--and I stole Michael Bennett's 77, since he isn't using it anymore. :p

I think he will be a very good #4 with a shot at being a decent #3 receiver
Like, that's his ceiling?

I feel like his ultimate form could be an Anquan Boldin type of player. Really like to see how good he runs his routes, how good his hand are... And that's with very little experience as a Receiver

Like, that's his ceiling?

I feel like his ultimate form could be an Anquan Boldin type of player. Really like to see how good he runs his routes, how good his hand are... And that's with very little experience as a Receiver

#3 as a ceiling is my guess yes. He isn't physically gifted (Boldin was a bully) but he can be a rock solid piece I feel like.

#3 as a ceiling is my guess yes. He isn't physically gifted (Boldin was a bully) but he can be a rock solid piece I feel like.
I feel like that's too low... But we'll see. Im hoping you're wrong for sure :p

I don’t want to jinx him but one of his many positive traits is availability. Did he ever miss a practice in TC? Has he ever been on an injury report? If he has I can’t remember it.

Is this Boldin comparison just because they have the same 40 time. If so seems like a crazy oversimplified comparison. I don’t see a match in their styles at all. Boldin was 10 lbs heavier. Meyers is lighter and quicker but less of a “bowling bowl” type of wrecker. I’d have to see more of Meyers to compare, but he’s 6’2”, 210, has fantastic hands and excellent game speed. Big question is if he can be a YAC guy and how he does in short yardage. Everything else he’s shown is very promising, using the whole field.

Maybe I missed it, but what’s your reasoning behind your guess that being a #3 is his ceiling? Which specific weaknesses prevent him from being higher on the depth chart?

Maybe I missed it, but what’s your reasoning behind your guess that being a #3 is his ceiling? Which specific weaknesses prevent him from being higher on the depth chart?

Just a hunch.

The part about losing Cesario that concerns me most is how much of our UDFA success is because of him? How much is BB?? Not sure BB has time to scour the land for these gems; M. Butler, A. Butler, J. Jones, Andrews,JC Jackson, B. King and others

Monti Ossenfort has been the director of college scouting since 2013

Meyer has an amazing catch % with Brady at 87%. I think that's the best ever of any WR or TE Brady has thrown to.

In a huge coincidence Meyer and Larry Fitzgerald have the exact same 40time and similar build

I don't want to get weird on this but the sky is the limit for Jakobi or anyone else that is good athletically and is willing to work non-stop at improving and being prepared. 1st round, 6th round, no round...we've seen this gig before. How badly do you want it? #LFG

Meyer has an amazing catch % with Brady at 87%. I think that's the best ever of any WR or TE Brady has thrown to.

In a huge coincidence Meyer and Larry Fitzgerald have the exact same 40time and similar build

He's got some Anaquin Boldin in him too.

People tend to pigeonhole guys based on their draft status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3