PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuts on a dime and is a nasty runner with GREAT moves. Can throw too...there are a couple of vids on youtube...

I watched his youTube vids, and he a comparable player to Pat White, and he doesn't look half as good or quick as Pat white, and hit competition was pretty weak.

I don't expect to see much from this pick... recorded times or not, some of the runs I saw on youtube against poor poor competition look just ok, and nothing spectacular, compared to the Pat White vids...

Scary thought for us facing Pat White now, more than a few times, Pat White ran right past our brand new rookie CB in the open field.

''He's a really skilled guy — similar to [Antwaan] Randle El and Seneca Wallace,'' a league insider said. ''He can play 'Wildcat,' return kicks, and he may be the next Wes Welker as a wide receiver.'' High praise, but Kent State has a reputation for producing athletes who go on to succeed in the pros. - Patrick McManamon, The Akron Beacon Journal

Interesting.

Must be nice to be in a market like Akron where the local sports scribes do the ball-washing for the local team and players.

Scary thought for us facing Pat White now, more than a few times, Pat White ran right past our brand new rookie CB in the open field.

As a UConn fan, I can attest to this. To be fair, though, Pat White did that to just about every cb in college football over the last four years.

Haha, I'm an idiot. I just now found this thread. I guess I assumed we'd discuss the draft in the draft subforum, so I've lurked there all day and wondered where everyone else was. Anyway, I just started a thread about undrafted free agents, so I'd love to hear your input if we don't snag some of these guys with our two seventh rounders.

I'm really hoping for Julian Edelman and Rashad Jennings to close out the draft, and I'd love to bring Everette Pedescleaux and Frantz Joseph to camp.

Are you in a 'relationship' with to BB? Just asking. Don't have to tell.

The draft is officially over.

Jennings went to the Jags seven picks before the end. :(

And as for guessing Julian Edelman: BB likes value. He worked out Pat White numerous times, which meant he was interested in that type of player, but there was no way they were going to draft him in the second. The only other players similar to White in the draft? James Casey and Julian Edelman. I know BB likes TEs, but Casey was already off the board, so Edelman seemed the logical choice. Plus he's been compared favorably with another quarterback from the same school: Josh Cribbs.

Doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. :cool:

whats up with 3 DT's? I can understand the 232 pick but we have 3 DT's. We didnt pick up an inside linebacker and we traded our best kick returner to the Eagles. Has BB gone mad??
Are you serious? Tate will be returning kicks

The draft is officially over.

Jennings went to the Jags seven picks before the end. :(

And as for guessing Julian Edelman: BB likes value. He worked out Pat White numerous times, which meant he was interested in that type of player, but there was no way they were going to draft him in the second. The only other players similar to White in the draft? James Casey and Julian Edelman. I know BB likes TEs, but Casey was already off the board, so Edelman seemed the logical choice. Plus he's been compared favorably with another quarterback from the same school: Josh Cribbs.

Doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. :cool:

I said it in a draft thread a month or more ago, the Pats were working out Pat White so much simply to force the Dolphins to reach for him. Plain and simple, BB motiove for showing interest in the PERFECT wildcat QB was to force the dolphins to reach in the 2nd round to get him, as well as pre scout the hell out of a player were going to see twice a year.

BB never wants, or will employ a wild cat offense. No way you take snaps away from one of the best players to ever play the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes