PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2015 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Jets added Ohio State's WR Devin Smith, they are having a GREAT draft. I guess BB is purposely trying to narrow the gap ? What a bonehead ****ing move.

I don't know about you, but I already went on the Jets' website and entered the contest for "Win a chance to be the Jets' starting QB because you can't be worse than Geno Smith". I really hope I win.

This is going to be a fun one to go back to if this guy becomes a good player. Everyone will pretend of course that everyone liked him all along and it was a great pick.

Do you think the draft positions of Duron Harmon and Tavon Wilson are justifiable? Right now, I don't and in my opinion, the Richards selection appears to mirror both; a significant over investment.
he's not a Hall of Fame GM! He's a Hall of Fame coach only

from http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1851154/jordan-richards

"Richards enjoyed a productive career for the Cardinal, racking up postseason all-conferences honors after each of the past three seasons. After receiving back-to-back honorable mention honors, Richards was recognized with first team All-Pac-12 accolades his final season at Stanford.

He is a team captain who also excels in the classroom, where he achieved Pac-12 All-Academic first team status in each of the past three years. Leaving high school, Richards was ranked as one of the top 100 receivers in the nation. He switched from offense to defense and immediately made an impact at Stanford, appearing in all 13 games as a true freshman and starting in three at safety.

Each season was better than the last for Richards, who played in the East-West Shrine Game in St. Petersburg, Fla. He showed at practice he is a tempo setter and field general. Easily provided a leadership quality for a group of young faces that came together to form the West roster."

This pick can absolutely be questioned if these things happen: Richards turns out like Tavon Wilson and Cann or another OG starts and plays well while we continue to struggle with our interior offensive line. There was a real opportunity to get a plug and play guard who would have contributed much more than special teams or whatever this kid ends up doing.

Last I knew Tavon Wilson was still on this team playing more ST snaps than anyone.

He also quietly appears on the field on passing downs, turns out he's doing a damn good job at it too 'cause you don't hear his name being called by announcers.

Everyone knows better than BB. Good to know. Even more incredible as I'm pretty confident almost none of them have watched his film.

It's just draft day frustration. :D

Really? Other than Vollmer, show me a 2nd round reach by BB that turned into a pleasant surprise.

For every one Vollmer, I'll give you three Dowlings/Tavon Wilsons/Ron Braces.
Don't forget Darius Butler....

Everyone knows better than BB. Good to know. Even more incredible as I'm pretty confident almost none of them have watched his film.

that's because no one bothered to put up any film of him on the internet. they don't do that for 6th-7th rounders.

Credit to Oliver Thomas for the reminder. Nick Caserio was at the Stanford pro day. Wasn't he at the Texas one too?

You have to realize, posters here have been scouting him for three years and their minds are made up.
That doesn't wash. BB clearly knows more about football than the board combined but he bombs out all the time in the draft. That said, he hits a lot too more it's strange that Safety seems to be a 2nd round position for him in recent years where the production hasn't met the slot.

Personally, since we won the SB this yr and a great one at that, I dont care who BB drafts. He can draft another tavon wilson if he wants . Lets see in November how these fall.

You have to realize, posters here have been scouting him for three years and their minds are made up.

I admit that I know nothing about the draft which makes me only slightly less informed than most of the armchair draft experts. But I will not kill the Pats for addressing a need (the defensive backfield) because I don't know this guy from any other DB.

I am talking we in general. I am sure you loved steals like Chad Jackson. Fact is not all Belichick's reaches end up being bad picks. And not all of his steals turn into good players.

It's not just the player - - it's the positional need. AJ Cann and Tre Jackson were right there for the Patriots.

Have you SEEN what the AFCE foes have done with their DL's?

Enjoy watching Jordan Devey go up against them next year.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
DB Jordan Richards describes style of play as "fast & physical." Says he prides self on smarts & knowing every player's assignments. #NEPick

They took this guy while AJ Cann was still on the board? PJ Willims? Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back