PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2011 Sox rant thread:

i told you why. what makes you think i have to justy how i respond on a message board to you? masterson is a very young good pitcher we gave up for a rental. thats enough of a reason right there. i don't accept your proclamation that masterson isn't a good pitcher. hes very good and very young with lots of upside. i loved the trade when they made it. if i thought the sox would only have vmart for a year and a half i wouldn't have done it. why is that so hard for you to understand? i love the gonzo trade. why? because they kept the guy there fore justifying all they gave up to get him. would you like the gonzo trade knowing the sox would only have him for a year and a half? and did the sox give up rizzo and the others because the sox didnt think they had any potentional? :rolleyes: the redsox loved masterson. you have to give up something good to get something good in return. get some help for yourself.
OK, so from that we can gather you want to make a statement but not supply the reasoning behind that statement. Fair enough.

I would be inclined to agree with you that trading away Masterson would have been an issue if you hadn't said at the time, you thought it was a good trade. That means you acknowledge that despite whatever SFI you'd project for Masterson acquiring Martinez was better than losing Masterson. Your issue is we traded away Masterson for short service from V-Mart.

Masterson is having an OK season with the Tribe. Making a comment about it being a bad trade or not immediately after an excellent outing against the Wankmees smacks of desperation. I can't think of any of the starters he'd uproot other than Lackey (and let's be honest none of us thought he'd be this bad).

Until Masterson puts a couple of seasons of excellent ERA and more winning than losing the output we got from Martinez was better than Masterson offered pitching wise, given we could cover the loss of Masterson relatively easily. At catcher we had a need and V-Mart filled that at the time.

OK, so from that we can gather you want to make a statement but not supply the reasoning behind that statement. Fair enough.

I would be inclined to agree with you that trading away Masterson would have been an issue if you hadn't said at the time, you thought it was a good trade. That means you acknowledge that despite whatever SFI you'd project for Masterson acquiring Martinez was better than losing Masterson. Your issue is we traded away Masterson for short service from V-Mart.

Masterson is having an OK season with the Tribe. Making a comment about it being a bad trade or not immediately after an excellent outing against the Wankmees smacks of desperation. I can't think of any of the starters he'd uproot other than Lackey (and let's be honest none of us thought he'd be this bad).

Until Masterson puts a couple of seasons of excellent ERA and more winning than losing the output we got from Martinez was better than Masterson offered pitching wise, given we could cover the loss of Masterson relatively easily. At catcher we had a need and V-Mart filled that at the time.
i love how you say we. im sorry but its you not we. you don't speak for anybody but yourself. i did supply the reasoning. your obviously incapable of understanding it. how the hell do you know what i said at the time? lmao holy crap your nuts. when asked in this thread by your boyfriend if i was pissed at the time of the trade i said no meaning negative. the only thing smacking of desperation is you. your to sick to see it. all kidding aside. i like how you avoid my questions about the gonzo trade lol. sorry i dont need to see anything more. a year and a half of vmart as much as i love the guy as a player isnt worth giving up masterson. knowing what we know now about the roster has nothing to do with it. i guess you think you know more than the indians? they are excellent talent evaluators of young players. they have to be . there low payroll demands it. what else you got? lol

Last edited:
i love how you say we. im sorry but its you not we. you don't speak for anybody but yourself. i did supply the reasoning. your obviously incapable of understanding it. how the hell do you know what i said at the time? lmao holy crap your nuts. when asked in this thread by your boyfriend if i was pissed at the time of the trade i said no meaning negative. the only thing smacking of desperation is you. your to sick to see it. all kidding aside. i like how you avoid my questions about the gonzo trade lol. sorry i dont need to see anything more. a year and a half of vmart as much as i love the guy as a player isnt worth giving up masterson. i guess you think you know more than the indians? they are excellent talent evaluators of young players. they have to be . there low payroll demands it.
I'm fairly certain we represents the majority of Red Sox supporters who didn't give it a second thought when Masterson was traded for Victor Martinez and still consider it a good trade given the needs the Red Sox had.

Letting V-Mart walk was a move the Red Sox decided on, much like letting Beltre walk. Package the salaries saved and young talent moved on and that all contributes to the González trade because of the payroll. Naturally, I didn't expect you to understand this given your thought train demonstrates moves happen in isolation rather than the total sum.

I don't know much about the Indians other than seeing highlights on Sportscenter, Baseball Tonight and the occasional discussion item/read article. Why would I bother with them? The furthest my interest goes is with Asdrubal Cabrera because he's a super talent.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain we represents the majority of Red Sox supporters who didn't give it a second thought when Masterson was traded for Victor Martinez and still consider it a good trade given the needs the Red Sox had.

Letting V-Mart walk was a move the Red Sox decided on, much like letting Beltre walk. Package the salaries saved and young talent moved on and that all contributes to the González trade because of the payroll. Naturally, I didn't expect you to understand this given your thought train demonstrates moves happen in isolation rather than the total sum.

I don't know much about the Indians other than seeing highlights on Sportscenter, Baseball Tonight and the occasional discussion item/read article. Why would I bother with them? The furthest my interest goes is with Asdrubal Cabrera because he's a super talent.
wow im impressed. you know what the majority of redsox nation thinks? do you have facts to support that other than one or two on this board? I'm fairly certain you don't have the slightest clue what anybody else thinks. why don't you try standing on your on two feet for once in your life. instead of always hiding behind the everybody agrees with me so i must be right argument. the gonzo trade could have been made weather or not vmart was on the team. spare me that total sum garbage. :rolleyes: again you bring nothing but severe mental illness .

Last edited:
wow im impressed. you know what the majority of redsox nation thinks? do you have facts to support that other than one or two on this board? I'm fairly certain you don't have the slightest clue what anybody else thinks. why don't you try standing on your on two feet for once in your life. instead of always hiding behind the everybody agrees with me so i must be right argument. the gonzo trade could have been made weather or not vmart was on the team. spare me that total sum garbage. :rolleyes: again you bring nothing but severe mental illness .
Contrary to your own misguided sense of entitlement and personal level of stupidity, there is a basic learned skill called reading. With the onset of globalization and information readily available on the internet, there's plenty of places one can source information (news articles, messageboards etc) to form a relative opinion.

Go ahead and throw a few more gibes from the comfort of home. I'm sure the feeling of contentment and achievement is bursting from the seams.

Contrary to your own misguided sense of entitlement and personal level of stupidity, there is a basic learned skill called reading. With the onset of globalization and information readily available on the internet, there's plenty of places one can source information (news articles, messageboards etc) to form a relative opinion.

Go ahead and throw a few more gibes from the comfort of home. I'm sure the feeling of contentment and achievement is bursting from the seams.
good then you wont have any problem proving you know what the majority of redsox nation thinks now will you? because your all about facts. and you have those powerful mind reading skills:rolleyes: be careful not to slip on your drool puddle. sense of entitlement? huh? what planet are you on? i feel sorry for you. you are clearly in a very bad way. from now on ill try the ausbucker way of message board posting. when somebody disagrees with me ill just post the following.
everybody agrees with me so im right. my work here is done. lmao

Last edited:
good then you wont have any problem proving you know what the majority of redsox nation thinks now will you? because your all about facts. and you have those powerful mind reading skills:rolleyes: be careful not to slip on your drool puddle. sense of entitlement? huh? what planet are you on? i feel sorry for you. you are clearly in a very bad way. from now on ill try the ausbucker way of message board posting. when somebody disagrees with me ill just post the following.
everybody agrees with me so im right. my work here is done. lmao
God you're an idiot.

Geez it's good to see Jacoby injury free and playing so well. If it weren't for Gonzalez going all Conan The Barbarian crush your enemies on the AL he'd be close to Red Sox MVP at present.

Geez it's good to see Jacoby injury free and playing so well. If it weren't for Gonzalez going all Conan The Barbarian crush your enemies on the AL he'd be close to Red Sox MVP at present.

Pedey, Papi, and Youk ain't doin too bad, either!

its all about Beckett and his knee. all eyes on him tonight. buchholz no time table for a return. :mad:

WTF are you thinking Tek? 3 high fastballs with RISP for 3 pop up outs.

Typical Red Sox - Yankees game. Fair contest.

Last edited:
Francoma leaves in a struggling Albers and game 2 quickly moves out of reach.
PS, I am officially done with new JD Drew, Mr. Carl Crawford. In a word, horrendous!

Francoma leaves in a struggling Albers and game 2 quickly moves out of reach.
PS, I am officially done with new JD Drew, Mr. Carl Crawford. In a word, horrendous!
Francona's bullpen management has always been questionable. I do wonder how he would be considered as a manager if he wasn't with the Red Sox and given the leeway to spend what we do sometimes.

CC better pick up his game. He's looking very poor at present. Good time to get a mini slump out of the way for the Red Sox now all things considered.

Wakefield to Albers to Morales. Rotation duties should be taken away from Tito and given to Curt Young exclusively. 8 runs to KC. FFS.

I'm having serious reservations about the Red Sox ability to compete with the Phillies if we get that far.

Last edited:
ausbacker, I think you continue to overestimate the manager's options w/regard to pulling starters, going to the pen, etc. It is a long season, and you can't yank guys the moment they get into trouble.

If the Sox get to the WS and face the Phils, they certainly can beat them -- those are big ifs. But they need to get healthy to have a better likelihood both of getting there and winning. Buchholz returning would be huge, though I wouldn't count on that.

But, look, they're still clearly one of the top teams in the game, which is really all you can hope for at this point as a fan, imo.

ausbacker, I think you continue to overestimate the manager's options w/regard to pulling starters, going to the pen, etc. It is a long season, and you can't yank guys the moment they get into trouble.

If the Sox get to the WS and face the Phils, they certainly can beat them -- those are big ifs. But they need to get healthy to have a better likelihood both of getting there and winning. Buchholz returning would be huge, though I wouldn't count on that.

But, look, they're still clearly one of the top teams in the game, which is really all you can hope for at this point as a fan, imo.
It is a long season and it is the home stretch. I don't like the way Tito manages the bullpen and will continue to hold that position. I agree with your sentiments, but frankly I'm over Wakefield's chase for 200 right now.

The Sox are certainly one of the best 5 clubs in baseball, I'm just not sure our bats are going to compete against their ridiculous pitching.

Tito is a freakin joke. I don't know if it's stupdity or arrogance, but once again he leaves in Wake too long, to be replaced by Albers, who's miraculous stretch is totally over. This team will not beat Texas. Hell, I'm not so sure they will even limp into the playoffs. I am fed up with Youk's perpetual injuries, he hurts this team. Wakefield, God blesss him, needs to be put out to pasture. He is done. Crawford, is the worst 20 million dollar overpaid loser in baseball.WTF with the AGon power outtage?! That "minor" shoulder surgery he had in the offseason may come back to bite us. Another year of folding in August. What else is new? Thank God for the Pats!

Last edited:
Boston: 76 -49 --- .608

3rd best in baseball ... like 10 games in front for wildcard at worst.

Amazing the difference between perception and reality.

all top teams in baseball have flaws this year ... even the Phillies.

Last edited:
Boston: 76 -49 --- .608

3rd best in baseball ... like 10 games in front for wildcard at worst.

Amazing the difference between perception and reality.

all top teams in baseball have flaws this year ... even the Phillies.

Rays are 7.5 games behind us, complacency is a MFer. This team keeps hitting like it has this month and all bets are off. PS, Texas will smoke these bums in the playoffs, if they make it.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back