PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official “Who I Woulda Drafted” Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jawaan Taylor at 32 and AJ Brown at 45 (if Harry had been taken). Can't pass up the chance to take a top 10 talent at OT.

No shade on the Harry pick. Just, if someone asked you while the Pats were on the clock who you thought should be the pick, what would you say?
A.J. Brown if we are talking WR

Okay. If I can't trade back then I supposed I'd keep it the same. While I would prefer AJ Brown if the Pats believe this player is a better fit I'll go with it.

If I decide to pass on WR then it's either Dre'mont Jones - DT or Risner - OL with a slight nod towards Jones.
I agree on Dremont Jones ....huge whiff there and had many chances on him....I poured over everything and can’t find that much negativity on him....BB not big fan of him obviously

Patriots up again. Who would be your pick? I already said Smith, so this time I’ll say Adderley
I agree on Smith have no idea what they didn’t like about this kid

Jawaan Taylor at 32 and AJ Brown at 45 (if Harry had been taken). Can't pass up the chance to take a top 10 talent at OT.
Agree...I like jawaan a lot better than guy we picked for OL....coming off serious knee injury and gets pushed back alot

I agree on Dremont Jones ....huge whiff there and had many chances on him....I poured over everything and can’t find that much negativity on him....BB not big fan of him obviously

Jones tested as bad as you can. Good to pass on him.

Agree...I like jawaan a lot better than guy we picked for OL....coming off serious knee injury and gets pushed back alot

Scar can develop Cajuste and they loved JoeJuan.

I am a buckeye fan and jones never impressed me.
It pains me to say this but I’m happier with winovich than I would have been with jones.

First pick, I might have gone OL or WR:

So, either Cody Ford/Risner/Taylor/Little

Or Harry/AJ Brown.

If I really liked either Harry or Brown, I wouldn't have traded back, as WR is a good place to have a 5th year option.

Would’ve, could’ve, should’ve. Don’t see the point of this thread. There is plenty of that in the Day 1 and 2 threads already.

This thread is much better than just excess moaning, hand wringing OT worse about who the Patriots should have picked.

You can make your opinion here by giving a specific player without being a ***** about it or flat out bad mouthing BB or criticism without any substance like stating who you would have picked.

In hindsight, I wouldn't change anything. We got great value with each pick. If Belichick says that we need a CB and a RB, then we needed one.

That’s my choice, JT at 32. Maybe even could play LT, at times inconsistent last year which is a bit concerning for someone supposed to be the best RT in the country, but his jump from freshman to sophomore was unreal. He was a stud and a bright spot for UF as a fresh and soph, considering just a 3* recruit I believe.

I don’t even know the full injury thing but not like there’s a history that I know of.

Take WR in 2nd round that in case. I like Joejon a lot but with JCJ, Crossen in the mix, DD in the mix WR would have been the value in the 2nd.

But I don’t know if DD is in play for safety plus JMcCourty is so solid but likely the final year, so we’re infusing talent for a reason. So at the end of the day, would have only taken a WR because we would have taken JT in the first.

Which draft are we talking about, there are too many “Who I woulda drafted” situations since 2012. The 2012 draft reignited the Patriot’s Dynasty.

Just talking 2019

If they stayed put at 56 & 64, WR’s Mecole Hardman and DK Metcalf went at those spots, even if you pick ONE of them, you add GREAT speed to the WR group. Missed out on Andy Isabella at 62 and Parris Campbell at 59 as well. Being that I absolutely HATED the JoeSlow Williams pick/trade (bypassing a BETTER CB in Greedy Williams, TE Irv Smith and WR A.J. Brown) these created the ultimate “Who I woulda drafted” thread. P.S. DE Zach Allen from Boston College went RIGHT after the Pats 64 slot with the 1st pick in the 3rd round.

Speaking of the 3rd round. The maniacal trading created infinitesimal amounts are of “Who I woulda drafted” material. Trading pick 64 instead of taking the talent available, for 73, and then consequently 77, creating huge losses of drafting key players at key positions that could’ve created a monumental draft setting up the future for continued success post Brady/Belichick, instead of what some people are calling a good draft (I’d give it a C at best).

Trading down from 64, missed out on WR Jaylen Hurd, Edge Defender Jachai Polite, TE Josh Oliver. Trading down from 73 to 77, missed out on TE Jace Sternberger and WR Terry Mclaurin.

This isn’t even mentioning the QBs ignored (AGAIN).

That’s just the first 3 rounds of the 2019 draft. Don’t get me started on other drafts.

I get it, the results are there year after year. Mostly because of coaching and the greatest QB of all time. But you’re thumbing your nose at Father Time. Last year was thought of as one of the best QB drafts ever. IGNORED. Good QBs available this year, IGNORED. Pundits of this post will say it was a weak QB draft in 2019, well time will tell, you can’t definitively say that without them playing a game.

Two EXCELLENT TE drafts in a row. Elite TE talents, IGNORED, why ?

Other pundits will say, Belichick HATES this TE class and HATES this QB class, we hear that EVERY YEAR !

In hind sight, I would of moved up 2 spots and drafted Isabella. Just really liked the fact that he dominated some really good teams while being the center of focus from opposing defenses.

Dont think we’ll ever know what they thought of Warring and Sternberger. They were in excellent position but no idea if they would of taken had they fallen to them. Probably not, but you never know.

I've actually had a 1st round grade on Harry ever since I watched one of his games in middle school. I just...I just never said anything.

This is the kind of deep thoughtful insight you just can't get anywhere but here at patsfans. Every other fanbase is full of clowns putting their opinions out there ahead of time and placing the pressure of their expectations on their franchise's front office. But the real Pats fan loves their team enough keep that chit to themselves.

Some good points here Scott thanks

Which draft are we talking about, there are too many “Who I woulda drafted” situations since 2012. The 2012 draft reignited the Patriot’s Dynasty.

Just talking 2019

If they stayed put at 56 & 64, WR’s Mecole Hardman and DK Metcalf went at those spots, even if you pick ONE of them, you add GREAT speed to the WR group. Missed out on Andy Isabella at 62 and Parris Campbell at 59 as well. Being that I absolutely HATED the JoeSlow Williams pick/trade (bypassing a BETTER CB in Greedy Williams, TE Irv Smith and WR A.J. Brown) these created the ultimate “Who I woulda drafted” thread. P.S. DE Zach Allen from Boston College went RIGHT after the Pats 64 slot with the 1st pick in the 3rd round.

Speaking of the 3rd round. The maniacal trading created infinitesimal amounts are of “Who I woulda drafted” material. Trading pick 64 instead of taking the talent available, for 73, and then consequently 77, creating huge losses of drafting key players at key positions that could’ve created a monumental draft setting up the future for continued success post Brady/Belichick, instead of what some people are calling a good draft (I’d give it a C at best).

Trading down from 64, missed out on WR Jaylen Hurd, Edge Defender Jachai Polite, TE Josh Oliver. Trading down from 73 to 77, missed out on TE Jace Sternberger and WR Terry Mclaurin.

This isn’t even mentioning the QBs ignored (AGAIN).

That’s just the first 3 rounds of the 2019 draft. Don’t get me started on other drafts.

I get it, the results are there year after year. Mostly because of coaching and the greatest QB of all time. But you’re thumbing your nose at Father Time. Last year was thought of as one of the best QB drafts ever. IGNORED. Good QBs available this year, IGNORED. Pundits of this post will say it was a weak QB draft in 2019, well time will tell, you can’t definitively say that without them playing a game.

Two EXCELLENT TE drafts in a row. Elite TE talents, IGNORED, why ?

Other pundits will say, Belichick HATES this TE class and HATES this QB class, we hear that EVERY YEAR !

Really liked Mack Wilson

The only one that sort of disappointed me was trading out of pick 73 and Terry McLaurin going at 76. But then the trade ended up with us getting Damien Harris which I liked so I’m not too disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back