PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official “Who I Woulda Drafted” Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would've traded back. While I warmed up on Harry I still like AJ Brown better by a bit and Butler is arguably a better option too. I think they could have traded back for value and picked the last of the 3 that remained. I think any of them could have worked here honestly.
Hakeem Butler supposedly has very inconsistent hands. Harry seems like the better pick. Debatable between Harry and Brown, so we’ll find out in 1-3 years.

I really like the Montgomery RB drafted by Chicago. I wonder if the Pats would’ve taken him if he dropped just a few more spots.

Scar can develop Cajuste and they loved JoeJuan.
Let me fix this for you. “Scar will develop Cajuste and they loooved Joejuan.”

Thomas Sweeney, TE from BC, was taken in the last round. Surely, he was worth taking.

But Belichick is ahead of the curve. With his acolyte out in Detroit bringing in four TEs in the off-season, we are going big, much more athletic on the perimeter, with WRs.

That and the smash mouth approach while the league goes undersized on defense shows how he is bucking the trend.

Getting after the QB is great, but it doesn’t work if the other team flattens you in the run game.

I suffered brain damage when we lost the first SB vs the Giants. They abandoned any pretense of stopping the run in their defensive attack. We countered by a couple of draw plays to Lawrence Maroney. Would’ve worked too—if he hadn’t let himself be armed tackled by diving LBers or danced in the hole.

That’s why I am totally on board with the Bama RB pick.

Fashion goes in circles. A passing league may become less so over time when we’re successful at running. That’ll send a clear signal.

Why?

Is he better than LeCosse, Izzo, Hollister and Anderson? or even close?

We'll bring in a vet or two to add to ASJ.

Thomas Sweeney, TE from BC, was taken in the last round. Surely, he was worth taking.

Exactly who the Pats took . ;):)

I really think they traded out of 64 because the Cardinals leapt over them to draft Isabella. While I really like what they did in the draft this kid would be special playing with the GOAT. So if anything it would have been that they traded back up in the second to get him before the Cardinals moved ahead of them but then they don't get one of Winovich, Harris or Cajuste plus somebody else so I'm good with it in the end.

The Cardinals had a really good draft if Murray pans out. They definitely gave him a lot to work with.

I had previously written that I loved the N'Keal Harry pick at 32, so I'll stick with that one ... although perhaps OL Dalton Risner might've been the more prudent choice with the trade-up made for Harry instead of JoeSlowWillies if Arizona didn't take him at 33.

If Harry weren't available at 45, then I would've chosen TE Irv Smith...or Nobody At All.
JoeSlowWillies at 45 is a feckin joke, mostly because the need wasn't there, and the rest because he wasn't worthy of #101 overall for us, never mind #45 overall.

If I had kept #56, then I would've traded with KC for #s 61 & 167 and taken LDE Zach Allen.

I'll also stick with Chase the QB Winovich at 77. Bill's best value pick of the weekend, by far.

TE Dawson Knox instead of a feckin RB!?! at #87 should've been a no-brainer to the entire human race.

If I didn't trade up to 45, then I still would've had #97, and with it I would've chosen OT Bobby Evans, aka the Best Available OT (and yes that includes Yawndy Gesundheit).

At #101 I would've chosen either of the Safeties Chauncey Gardner Johnson or Armani Hooker. We really, really need an infusion of quality youth back there, if for no other reason than to better leverage DMac to restructure his cap hit.

#118 would've been the perfect spot to find value at CB with the well-dressed Armani Oruwariye.
Like JoeSlow, he's a big CB; unlike JoeSlow, he can also run well & cover without grabbing.

At #134 I would've chosen versatile OLman Mike Jordan, who unlike Kris Kringle possesses LT measurables. With both Evans & Jordan in the fold, quality & depth issues on the OL would've been officially Solved.

I wanted a Real DT at 162 but none of those remaining were worthy of the value (including Coward), so I instead would've chosen LB Cameron Smith to provide legitimate competition for Elandon Roberts. (Had I not already taken both Allen & Winovich then the No-Brainer pick would've been Charles Omenihu.)

With #167 received from KC, I would've double-dipped at WR by choosing Darius Slayton, who is not only the best one available but who also has the one thing NKeal Harry doesn't have: straight-line speed. He needs to eat more Big Macs however.

If Bill hadn't thrown away #204 for Johnny Badmostly (Nelson Agholor laughs in his face), then maybe I take Coward here. BTW, talk of converting him to LDE instead of 3-tech DT is stupid.

At #243 I would've chosen QB (and future TE?) Tyree Jackson, aka the Best Player Available. Much, MUCH better value here than Stidham at 134.

At #246 (I do NOT trade Up for feckin Punters!) I would've chosen Akron's Jamal Davis, an athletic LB-turned-DE who needs to return to LB in the pros. Bill worked him out personally, too. He would've been the perfect Kyle Van Noy understudy.

And finally at #252 I would've chosen either Move TE Caleb Wilson (dad is an NFL DL coach) as Part 2 of the TE double-dip, or productive combine freak Big Back Alex Barnes, who could've provided that for which we were looking from Jeremy Hill. Brandon Bolden replacement too.

14 picks too much? Not in this case. I could've envisioned a spot for Each and Every One of these players here on the Opening Day 53; those they would've replaced would never have been missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back