PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The next HC from the current team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two thoughts on this.

1. BB may give up the HC position but still stay on as GM. Which would help maintain the system while the new HC gets the hang of things. Sort of an acclimation period.

2. If this deflategate BS winds up costing Roger and crew their jobs there might be a completely new regime in the NFL's front office which may include BB himself. hahaha

JK on the second thought.

I really doubt BB would remain as GM for 2 reasons. First the job is already taken by a very capable Nick Caserio. But even more importantly, BB knows first hand that it isn't good for a young HC to have an icon former HC being your GM. He knew it would be counter productive for him with the Jets. He knows it wouldn't be healthy for his successor. When he DOES leave, it will be clean

I think BB isn't going anywhere in the near future. He has at least 5 more years, but when its over, he'll be on that boat on the Vinyard and never look back. Probably coaching MVHS's lacrosse team in between golf and fishing..

I strongly believe the Josh will take over and he'll be patient enough to wait the 5 or so years it will take before BB retires. First Josh is reportedly big on family and his family is firmly rooted in NE. He really doesn't want to up root them for another Denver type experience. Secondly he is well paid and has as much control and fame as any coordinator in the league. Third, if he stays here he won't have to create a new system, or feel the need to assert his personality so strongly that it causes the same divisiveness it caused in Denver.

I'm not sure about Patricia. Watching him on the Seau clip gave me an insight to his personality. He has an agreeable "everyman" quality, that probably makes him very relatable and popular with the players. He's also extremely smart, so he likely could be the Pats' DC for as long as he wants.

Now EVERY assistant coach thinks he's as smart or smarter than his HC. That's just the nature of the kind of people who get into coaching. I know I did. BEING the HC is another matter entirely. ;) But my gut tells me that Patricia might have a little Dante in him. He might be smart enough to know how good he has it and want to stay long term. I don't see him leaving anytime soon.

Coaching continuity is a key to the Pats consistent success. I see it continuing.

BB is much more then a GM and HC. He is the Chief Football Executive Officer.

In effect he is the CEO of the Football Operation with equivalent of a GM and Head Coach, (wearing two hats), and Scouting and Administration Officers reporting to him. He could continue to do that, by merely shedding his second hat that of HC.

If Kraft were to try to continue the structure unchanged, he would probably have to go into the college ranks to find anyone capable of wearing all the hats. Someone who runs the entire football and Admisntrative jobs, like the Alabama Coach who runs the whole show in Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft