PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "new" player addition who most excites you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to make this a poll question but wasn't allowed enough options to properly input . So, I'll ask for manual inputting of a name to this question:

Of all the new (drafted or free agent) player additions this year, which 1 player most intrigues and/or excites you? Give your reason(s) why if you are so inclined.

Lewis. He is Woodhead 2.0. I don't think the opponent defense can even find him when he runs behind our O-line. Mighty Mouse, Antman, whatever you wanna call him.

Chris Harper. I think by the end of this year he will really become a legitimate weapon in this offense. He doesn't have the size of LaFell or the speed of Dobson, he's probably most similar to Edelman really, but does anyone see any issue with having two Edelmans on the field?

Runners-up for me would be Dion Lewis, Scott Chandler, Jabaal Sheard and Trey Flowers.

Good Question.

1. Jabaal Sheard - Was a beast in pre-season.

2. Scott Chandler - Going to make Brady very hard to defend with two big TEs running free.

3. Shaq Mason - Just love watching him blow up defenders when he's pulling.

Honorable mentions for Dion Lewis, Trey Flowers, Jordan Richards and Rufus Johnson who all impressed in pre-season.

NB: I think Malcom Brown will be absolutely fine, I only left him off because I wouldn't consider myself 'excited' by him.

Sheard or Chandler

For me it is Chandler as well. He and Gronk will afford Josh some major matchup nightmare possibilities this year.

Try and limit your selection to just 1 player please

Sheard. He will be a force against the run and the pass. A nice piece to complete what should be a top five front 7 by mid season.

I'm bringing Easley into this discussion given his minimal 2014 snaps
Easley, Brown, Lewis, Sheard, Chandler.....5 players that can have a major impact on this team. Definitely not JAGs

Danny Amendola

@AdamSchefter: Text from one league source on Patriots landing former Browns LB/DE Jabaal Sheard: "Will be top 5 signing of free agency, guarantee it."

^ will be proven correct

I've made the comparison before, but Sheard mirrors Bennett's career path.

A large 4-3 DE who is a monster vs. the run and is a sneaky good pass rusher. Both spent the first four years on a team that didn't utilize them to their fullest. They then signed moderate contracts at their next stop and Bennett emerged into a stud. I see the same with Sheard.

Sheard will emerge into an elite DE here with the help of BB and be in contention for the All-Pro team. #hottake

I have to list so many, for all the doom and gloom about losing our top corners, people overlook how improved this team is in other areas:

Scott Chandler - sounds like he'll make us unstoppable with coverage on Gronk, if Edelman and Gronk left Tim Wright uncovered multiple times, imagine what a player with a TE's body can do?

Jabaal Sheard/Trey Flowers/Ruufus Johnson - Basically the new DE additions (Grissom too but Johnson IMO has flashed a LOT more), this is the deepest edge rush group this team has had since I've been a fan I believe.

Dion Lewis - I've been saying it since we got to watch him play in our uni, James White = Vereen, Lewis = Woodhead. I loved Woodhead and while Vereen has become one of the best pass catching backs in the entire NFL, and a fine protector, he was never a threat to run, inside or outside. Lewis looks like we have that dual purpose 3rd down threat again that we've missed since Woodhead. I think he'll have Darren Sproles #s in our offense and will play on more than just 3rd down.

Not exactly "new" but I'm really excited for Easley

You can basically call Easley and Butler both new, they weren't part of the team last year for the most part. They're going to be two of the biggest defensive contributors for 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents