PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Negativity In This Town Sucks (And It Stinks)

Scroll down the PFR page to "Team Stats And Rankings." Then swipe the column all the way to the right where the header says "Average Drive" at the top.

That provides you the numbers for average points and yards per drive for the offense and defense. This is a much better and more accurate measurement for offense and defense. It specifically targets those units, rather than simply give you the point the entire team allowed. The Patriots defense allowed the 5th fewest points per drive, which is made much more impressive when you consider they were dragging the 32nd ranked offense around behind them like dead weight.

I already did this above, I'm not going to repeat myself. Scroll back and read if you want.

Besides "elite" is the most ridiculous measure in sports talk, Randy Moss on the Raiders in 2006 was old and washed up, Randy Moss on the Patriots in 2007 was elite.

This is a team sport we're talking about, receivers especially are beholden to scheme, blocking and good QB play. All of that ^ has to go right before the ball ever comes their way, they don't produce in a vacuum.

In 2021 when Mac was basically half decent, Hunter Henry led the entire NFL in TD's by a TE. Isn't that elite? Just silly....

You sound like Gavin Newsom spinning stats to fit your agenda

So you think Hunter Henry is Elite ?
Do you also think Jamaal Williams is elite?

Williams had 17 touchdowns in 2022 while Henry never had 10 or more touchdowns and every season was less than 653 yards

Touchdown totals are misleading when the other stats don’t impress

I know they are different positions but 17 to 9 are not even close & nobody calls Williams elite

A touchdown is the same 6 points for TE & RB

And nobody other than you, considers Hunter Henry elite

Last edited:

Williams had 17 touchdowns in 2022 while Henry never had 10 or more touchdowns and every season was less than 653 yards

I know they are different positions but 17 to 9 are not even close & nobody calls Williams elite

When you compare apples to oranges, you've already lost. Move on.

Stats aren't spun simply because you can't understand them, you just need a better understanding of stats.
"Elite" is a dumb barometer of anything. Hunter Henry on KC in place of Kelce is putting up numbers that look similar, on Baltimore in place of Mark Andrews he's putting up similar production. Weapons don't produce in a vacuum. They can't produce in a passing wasteland. They can only put up average numbers in an average passing attack. This is proven by history and facts.

I don't use "elite" because it's silly and arbitrary. I use "poor/average/good/very good/great" and know that on the Raiders in 2006 Randy Moss caught 553 yards receiving and was considered old and washed up, which allowed the Patriots to trade a 4th round pick for him. I know the following year with Tom Brady 1493 yards and 23 TD's which is considered one of the single best receiving seasons in history.

I also happen to know for a fact that Randy Moss was elite in both 2006 and 2007... the Raiders simply sucked and Andrew Walters was no Tom Brady. Receivers don't throw to themselves and this isn't single's tennis.

Whoa. Pump the breaks. The Victor Kiam Era was bad, but this team had some good runs before and after. You're gonna call the thunder down from @Actual Pats Fan.
Certainly, the Patriots were and have been the most denigrated and disparaged franchise in sports, especially relative to their history of mostly on field success. The poor years were in the minority - and also often displayed promise and hope from younger players and development from veterans. The shortcomings of Sullivan and the media abuse fostered a lot of pride and teamwork amongst the players.

Yikes:

Imagine going into FA top 5 most available money and then Losing players, and not replacing them with comparable players/contracts.

When you compare apples to oranges, you've already lost. Move on.
Do you think Hunter Henry is elite too?

How about Thornton & Kevin Harris
Are you excited about their talent in 2024?

I was pointing out that total touchdowns does not make an average player elite if
all their other stats are mediocre at best

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back