PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Negativity In This Town Sucks (And It Stinks)

Of course we need to take a QB this draft the question is who will be available, who do we take and do we trade down? Look at the 2021 draft, rd 1 QB class, only 1 of 5 is still a starter , only 2 of 5 are on the team that drafted them. It's a bit of a crap shoot it might unfortunately take a few tries. We're current on our second try!
I agree, we should keep trying till we hit.

In hindsight the mistake wasn't picking Mac, the mistake was not realizing Mac wasn't the answer sooner.

If anyone thinks FA can solve your problems, then explain why this poo-poo platter seems tasty to you:

1710597146271.png

Given you need a franchise-level QB to win and you're never going to find a franchise-level QB at an acceptable price in FA, you gotta hit on a draft pick.

You keep trying till you hit.

Once you hit, you got someone under control on a cheap contract that can be extended at a below-market price via the franchise tag.

Everything works in your favor, but again, what you need to do is hit on a QB, so keep trying till you do.

Even if they draft a QB at 3, it's still a hand me down. Maybe whoever falls is their top choice, but likely they are just taking a chance on a leftover. If they get the best QB, it's two other team's mistake. Houston looks like geniuses, but Carolina could have taken Stroud, and then how good would the pick have been if the Texans selected Bryce Young after he fell to them?

So it's risk/luck.

You’re right. Actually after the first pick they are all hand me downs. Basically no point in drafting after that pick is announced. In fact I don’t even see the point n drafting, free agency, or life for that matter. After that first breath the rest of them are just hand me down breaths. I mean, like, people say stupid **** like” fresh breath of air,” and **** like that, when in truth we have all just been breathing the same old worn out air those before us have been breathing since the dawn of time. Well, enough of this, I have to take a minute to go kill myself. Talk to you guys later.

Wolf should be talking with the Vikings and Broncos to see just how desperate they are to move up and draft one of the QB’s. Although I could see Sean Payton drafting J.J. McCarthy.

Not f they like Daniels and Maye he shouldn’t. If he likes them he should take them at 3. I realize most of Patriots Nation is brain dead, but that doesn’t mean he has to be.

As an aside, my vote is to eliminate the dislike selection.

It discourages conversation. There's no need for it within a forum.

Some of the time I'm not even sure what is disliked within the post.

Sorry for the post in this thread. Please dislike.

IDK, it seems like adults should be able to cope with the idea that not every thought they have is embraced by others.

You soon learn who are the mindless poo-flingers.

If it gets too intense and people are being aggressively stupid, just use one of the many tools this forum has to mute/block them.

Not f they like Daniels and Maye he shouldn’t. If he likes them he should take them at 3. I realize most of Patriots Nation is brain dead, but that doesn’t mean he has to be.
That's really the key. If the guy at #3 is a franchise guy for 10-15 years, you 100% do not trade out. If he's not special... a JAG with good measurables but a 10 cent head... pass.

For some reason I left out part of what I intended to say which was in case their guy gets drafted at #2.

IDK, it seems like adults should be able to cope with the idea that not every thought they have is embraced by others.

So post your "dislike" thoughts.

It's a forum.

That's really the key. If the guy at #3 is a franchise guy for 10-15 years, you 100% do not trade out. If he's not special... a JAG with good measurables but a 10 cent head... pass.

Agree completely. The only thing that matters is the way the have evaluated these QB’s, and whether or not they believe they can be franchise caliber QB’s for them. Who to who and where they took them in prior drafts is completely irrelevant. The “ don’t take a QB because the Jets took Zach Wilson,” takes are idiotic at best. If they believe Maye and Daniels are both worth the pick then just stay put and take them, and then build the offense around them. It’s only if they like one but not the other that they need to start exploring the other options, so they are ready on Draft night to make whatever moves are needed at #3.

If they are set on taking a QB at 3 then all of their attention needs to be on what to do with their next couple of picks.

So post your "dislike" thoughts.

It's a forum.
So, why have 'like' emojis/reactions instead of just making people post their 'like thoughts'?

It's also about impressions, no?

Agree completely. The only thing that matters is the way the have evaluated these QB’s, and whether or not they believe they can be franchise caliber QB’s for them. Who to who and where they took them in prior drafts is completely irrelevant. The “ don’t take a QB because the Jets took Zach Wilson,” takes are idiotic at best. If they believe Maye and Daniels are both worth the pick then just stay put and take them, and then build the offense around them. It’s only if they like one but not the other that they need to start exploring the other options, so they are ready on Draft night to make whatever moves are needed at #3.

If they are set on taking a QB at 3 then all of their attention needs to be on what to do with their next couple of picks.
No picks in the draft are guarantees to begin with.

If we take a QB at 3 and he busts, I will be okay with it. It just means we’d likely be in a position to try again in 2-3 years. I’ll take that over building a great roster with an average QB, turning into a perennial 8-10 win team for the next 5-6 years with no way out.

The title of this thread is kind of funny based on the point being made.

Not long after Pitino left the Celtics started a streak of consistent winning that is continuing even now. Looking back on that quote the lesson learned should be for fans to remain vocal until problematic coaches and front office are forced out.

What is disappointing to me is that the Pats promised to be aggressive during free agency
and have failed to deliver. They appear to be content to wait till the draft. Hopefully, this
year's draft will; be better than the prior several..

So, why have 'like' emojis/reactions instead of just making people post their 'like thoughts'?

It's also about impressions, no?

The idea of a forum is discussion. If someone agrees with a post, they can add whatever they wish to the conversation or just agree with it.

A "dislike", however, adds nothing to the forum. It lets the person know who posted that you disagree, but adds not much else to the community.

IMO the goal of a forum should be to encourage something new to the discussion or agree with what's being said.

The dislike feature works counter to that.

Sorry for my lack of patience. I thought we were in Year 5 of a rebuild. I've just learned that we are in fact only in Year 1 and I should disregard the 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 seasons. I will adjust expectations accordingly.
Rebuild 1 has been canceled If you didn't get the notification. It happened when Mac was benched for the final time last season. Organizing around a difference QB is basically starting over again.

The idea of a forum is discussion. If someone agrees with a post, they can add whatever they wish to the conversation or just agree with it.

A "dislike", however, adds nothing to the forum. It lets the person know who posted that you disagree, but adds not much else to the community.

IMO the goal of a forum should be to encourage something new to the discussion or agree with what's being said.

The dislike feature works counter to that.

Seems to me there's plenty of times where the reason for dissension is just as obvious as the reason for ascension.

To me 'like' and 'dislike' reactions add equal amounts of 'nothingness' to the conversation.

Rebuild 1 has been canceled If you didn't get the notification. It happened when Mac was benched for the final time last season. Organizing around a difference QB is basically starting over again.
That, and firing the guy who has been HC and GM for the last 22 years who was in charge of that last rebuild.

I always laugh when people are *****ing about how negative Felger is. I ask them why do you think he is, because it’s what the Boston fans live for. He doesn’t believe most of what he says, I don’t know if he still says it but he used to say why would we let facts get in the way of a juicy story. He once said he learned from the best which he says was the Big O Glenn Ordway.

Felger is honest about the fact he is just creating drama and negativity for ratings. He says that being positive about local teams is boring and bad for ratings.

why would anyone have a "positive" outlook on this team? no QB, no LT, nothing but jags at best on offense....the owner is an egomaniac who has literally owned 3 sports franchises in his lifetime and has ZERO league championships outside of the years he had with Tom Brady. this includes the Pats from 93-00 and 2020-2024, The NE Revolution from 1996-current, Boston Lobsters (74-78). That's, by my count, 44 years/seasons of professional franchise ownership and ZERO titles without the Guy **** Rehbein drafted.
So now that we've established Kraft is absolutely nothing in sports accomplishments sans Brady....look at the current roster....people think the draft and signing other teams cuts are going to magically transform this offense into an NFL level unit?

Ok, I know I’ve down on the Team for the lack of moves, trades, whatever. I still am, that hasn’t changed. HOWEVER, in making fun of my buddy who’s a Saints fan…it could be worse: (this is literally all they’ve done so far) hahaha
IMG_7264.jpeg

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back