PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Negativity In This Town Sucks (And It Stinks)

That's like booking a flight, and then betting on the pilot to crash the plane. Guys like that aren't fans of the team. They are either fans of Bill, or, more likely, just fans of winning.
Exactly the people I am calling out. The ones who would rather lose and be "right' than win if it goes against their agenda.

Let me contrast the Red Sox. There owners have clearly made a decision not to compete and not to spend money. I don't know if that's a one-year thing or if they've made a business decision that being a low-budget mediocre team is the way to go.

The Pats are different - Bill screwed this offense over some four years, and it takes a lot more than a few weeks to fix it - we have so many holes and had so few signed players that there is no easy fix. They re-signed all their best players, made a play for a WR1 but got ridiculously outbid.
In the draft we can get two out of three urgent needs - I assume QB and LT in the first two rounds and then some flyers on later round WRs. We are building for the future, so a short-term expensive deal with a WR1 makes no sense at all.
I wasn't against the Ridley pursuit as I am hoping we have some semblance of an NFL offense around a rookie QB but I am also fully aware Ridley likely wouldn't be on the team next time we are legit contenders again. If we hit a home run in this draft we can speed the rebuild up by a couple years. If we hit on everything but the QB we are still probably in the same spot we are now 3-4 years down the road.

Seriously. The lack of patience and perspective on this board is ridiculous. The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that. It's a long rebuild. I'm seeing threads "The worst situation in the NFL", "Weaponize the offense?!?!", "Bill vs The New Regime".

Sorry for my lack of patience. I thought we were in Year 5 of a rebuild. I've just learned that we are in fact only in Year 1 and I should disregard the 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 seasons. I will adjust expectations accordingly.

Exactly the people I am calling out. The ones who would rather lose and be "right' than win if it goes against their agenda.
That's just dumb.

I have talked about it before. As a football coach myself, I looked up to Bill. I am not blind to the man's faults, either.

Let me contrast the Red Sox. There owners have clearly made a decision not to compete and not to spend money. I don't know if that's a one-year thing or if they've made a business decision that being a low-budget mediocre team is the way to go.

The Pats are different - Bill screwed this offense over some four years, and it takes a lot more than a few weeks to fix it - we have so many holes and had so few signed players that there is no easy fix. They re-signed all their best players, made a play for a WR1 but got ridiculously outbid.
In the draft we can get two out of three urgent needs - I assume QB and LT in the first two rounds and then some flyers on later round WRs. We are building for the future, so a short-term expensive deal with a WR1 makes no sense at all.
Good post. John Henry is happy fleecing the Sweet Carolina crowd, but they still want to win in Foxboro.

I'll stop there, otherwise I am gonna go on a anti-Sox tirade.

Pretty ironic coming from the person who (as someone else pointed out recently) gives out more dislikes/negative ratings on comments than the rest of the posters on the board combined. This is year 5 of the rebuild, the Patriots have one of (if not the) worst roster in the NFL and we just came off a two year stretch where the head coach completely sabotaged the offensive operation and young quarterback and submarined the entire team as a result.

If you're satisfied with how things have gone post Brady, that's fine. But **** right off with telling other fans how to feel.

The irony comes from you.
And the language is unnecessary

In the end, the rebuild will come down to how good the QB is that we draft.

Since the one we get is the leftover, what's to be negative about?
The one that is left?

I guess you are assuming no trade down.

Yet it is, as you noted, the highest rated show. Negativity sells, I guess.
Yes and also the sports talk radio shows are going to be particularly loud in their attacks on the organization and it’s rebuild.

The reason being is that they rely on content. The 2024 New England Patriots are going to be boring to talk about. The same for the Red Sox. And they don’t care to talk about the Celtics to begin with. They are pissy because there’s nothing they want to talk about now.

I'm basing it on the fact that I think that Nix might suffer from east coast bias a little bit. The more I read, the more I like the player. I dunno, bud. I'd take a Carr type situation right now. Carr with MHJ? Probably be ok.

I guess I am really looking at it as there's no second coming of Tom. You're not going to get that guy again. There's a reason they call players like that "once in a generation". Young won 1 with SF, right? Favre won 1. Roethlisburger 2. Manning 2, but had to chase it. I guess if they think that Maye or Daniels is a future HoF QB, take him. If they think they are just merely "good", then take MHJ, who seems like a lock, and then Nix at 2. I think best case scenario, they get a guy who can get them to 1 or 2 SBs. They aren't going back to 9 AFCCGs in a row. Ever.

Selling for 3 R1's is a good deal, too, as long as they get a 1 this year.

If they are taking Nix or Penix to get through the next year or two that’s fine, but they will still need to be doing everything possible to find a franchise QB. As I have said before, I’m not interested in them building to be good, the only thing that makes sense to me is building to be great. Settling for average QB’s is a road to nowhere.

It is what it is. I think being a fan before the TB/BB era seasoned some of the older fans for this drought that the team is going through. There were some pretty bad years endured. I think you have to remember that not every fan here is 40+ years old so all they know is winning and they are not taking the losing part very well. What they did is unprecedented and some fans, not all, think a rebuild happens overnight. The internet has been around long enough where people on this board range from teens all the way up to 80+ years old. Thats a lot of different views and opinions on how this team should move forward.

We’ll never see another team like the one lead by TB and BB, not like Bird or Russell, Ortiz Martinez. The new Patriots era has to find their own niche in New England sports that all fans can get behind. Winning is a culture now but it certainly doesn’t mean it happens all the time. Google how many other teams have won a super bowl or how long it has been since teams have won their last superbowl and it puts things in perspective.
Before the Brady/BB dynasty, the Pats were arguably the worst pro sports franchise, let alone worst NFL franchise.

We have a spoiled and whiny fan base.

Boston sports media is wretched. You had a major newspaper trying to derail a Super Bowl appearance over an unfounded rumor.

Now you have the highest rated radio shows jockeyed by smarmy a-holes who go out of their way to create nasty narratives and never ever are positive.
The Boston Sports media did more than try and derail a SB appearance and a shot at sports immortality, John Tomase succeeded.

The Pats had enough pressure on them already, without having to worry about the possibility of a congressional investigation leaked the day before the game.

Before the Brady/BB dynasty, the Pats were arguably the worst pro sports franchise, let alone worst NFL franchise.
Whoa. Pump the breaks. The Victor Kiam Era was bad, but this team had some good runs before and after. You're gonna call the thunder down from @Actual Pats Fan.

If they are taking Nix or Penix to get through the next year or two that’s fine, but they will still need to be doing everything possible to find a franchise QB. As I have said before, I’m not interested in them building to be good, the only thing that makes sense to me is building to be great. Settling for average QB’s is a road to nowhere.
Ivan Great QB's like Brady and Mahomes are hard to find Burrow comes close hope is injury is not career threatening. Look at the 49ers - Packers - Lions and now Falcons they are building Offenses to surround a Good not Great QB. That is why I a not against getting a Nix or Penix Jr if we are building our other skilled positions.

Seriously. The lack of patience and perspective on this board is ridiculous. The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that. It's a long rebuild. I'm seeing threads "The worst situation in the NFL", "Weaponize the offense?!?!", "Bill vs The New Regime".

I think 20 years of being the best (or near the best) broke people's brains.

Yes, the Pats didn't overpay for mediocre talent. They haven't made any significant trades (yet). What do people not get about what's going on with that Pats? Even BB had a losing season his first year here because he was clearing out the mess of the Carroll years.

I almost hate posting this thread but, as Rick Pitino said all those years ago, the negativity does suck. It's getting ridiculous. Even for this message board and that's saying something. Christ, sports is supposed to be fun and bring people together.

Yeah and you can file this under "I don't care. I can't stand it". I know I'm going to catch flak for this thread or whatever but seriously, people need to get some perspective. The Draft is a month away and next season is probably not going to be great.
We were a 4 win team last year.

So far in free agency we traded away the QB we ruined. Kept the QB that was worse then the one we ruined. resigned our own jags.

We brought in a vet QB with a 1/3 win ratio
we signed guys who have barely played the last two years.
we got none of the maquee players of free agency
We watched all the teams around us get better AGAIN.

So we're now putting all our eggs into the basket of a bunch of rookies to come in and turn around a 4 win team, in the basement of the division.

I want the team to be competitive, and right now were going backwards.

I think 20 years of being the best (or near the best) broke people's brains.

Yes, the Pats didn't overpay for mediocre talent. They haven't made any significant trades (yet). What do people not get about what's going on with that Pats? Even BB had a losing season his first year here because he was clearing out the mess of the Carroll years.

I almost hate posting this thread but, as Rick Pitino said all those years ago, the negativity does suck. It's getting ridiculous. Even for this message board and that's saying something. Christ, sports is supposed to be fun and bring people together.

Yeah and you can file this under "I don't care. I can't stand it". I know I'm going to catch flak for this thread or whatever but seriously, people need to get some perspective. The Draft is a month away and next season is probably not going to be great.

After at least two years of serious mismanagement degenerating into an inexcusable 4-13 season, healthy skepticism is understandable considering what we've been told to take on faith. That includes (1) a new head coach making the leap from position coach with only four years experience, none at the coordinator level; (2) a retread OC who didn't call plays last year and was down the list of candidates offered the job; (3) a first-time DC who hasn't called plays before; (4) signing a journeyman veteran quarterback of limited ability and poor record now on his seventh team; (5) an offensive roster with gaping holes at key positions going unaddressed in free agency thus far; (6) a de facto GM who reportedly may or may not retain his role after the draft; (7) no apparent sense of urgency from the team about being competitive in 2024.

I get the notion of Patriots fans being spoiled by 20 years of success, that bumps in the road should be expected, etc. BB's program re-set in 2000 also is worth recalling for comparison's sake. But this level of "unknowns," especially involving top decision-makers, is perhaps unprecedented for a New England team.

The bottom line is how much faith and trust should be put in Bob Kraft's judgment. As a fan of this team I prefer to be optimistic and temper skepticism for at least this coming season while the new regime establishes itself. That is, even though I feel more could/should have been done early toward righting this listing ship.

There’s nothing negative about stating the obvious. They haven’t signed anybody to improve a very bad 4-13 team.

The Pats have a valuation of over $6B. Fans have every right to not be patient and expect results. Bob is certainly preaching that.

Just like Bill, if Mayo can’t stabilize the QB position, his ass will be gone sooner than Bill.

By the way, you guys missed a perfect opportunity to hit that disagree button on the OP with all the complaints of their drive by’s.

Do you support another team in another sport that's good? I support Liverpool in soccer who is doing really well at the moment so that helps to take the attention away lol.

I dont understand why people have issues with how other people feel about a team though.
Hala Madrid baby

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back