PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The most successful GM in NFL history

Status
Not open for further replies.
NaPolian is a little dooch but at every stop he built a winner. Ron Wolf is also up there.
Polian was a phenomenal GM. Bills, Panthers, Colts were all successful under him.

No great HC or great QB win every game. It's not possible. But HOF QBs career winning percentages are much higher than HOF coaches, in the modern NFL. BB is the perfect example of that.

Previously you said, "A great QB trumps a great HC everytime." I said that that is not true, "everytime" is not true. Now you say QBs winning percentages are much higher. I take "much higher" to be different than "everytime".

In the future, instead of writing lengthy rebuttals trying to create drama by putting words in other people's mouths, you might simply state that "everytime" was probably too strong of a phrase, and "much higher" would have been better wording. I am not sure if "much higher" is correct or not, but it is a balanced point of view and a starting place for a mature debate.

Did you watch the Bucs game Sunday night? Obviously the Saints coaching schemes confused Brady. The Saints HC trumped the GOAT QB. You might consider a more balanced take in the future.

The BB trashing will die down and resume in a week when Brady doesn't throw 3 picks

The debate was really never about how would Brady do with Tampa IMO as he has a very good team and has performed very well despite the debacle last night. The debate was always how the Pats would look without him. And this is not just about wins and losses as most of us expected the Pats to struggle to win given the crappy roster. But the culture of the team has changed - they are undisciplined, making uncharacteristic mistakes by both the players and coaches. Then on top we have "excuses Bill" emerge when for 20 years he was always the one never making excuses and never looking back on the past. That is the seismic change. The Patriot Way is turning out to be the Brady Way as each week passes.

At the end of day QB is the most impactful position in the NFL. A great QB trumps a great HC everytime.
Except for last night when Tom Brady lost because of Arians? (Your words)

Any argument who penalizes Belichick for losses after the plug was pulled on the Browns franchise is a good indicator to me that it's not an argument to be taken seriously.

Previously you said, "A great QB trumps a great HC everytime." I said that that is not true, "everytime" is not true. Now you say QBs winning percentages are much higher. I take "much higher" to be different than "everytime".

In the future, instead of writing lengthy rebuttals trying to create drama by putting words in other people's mouths, you might simply state that "everytime" was probably too strong of a phrase, and "much higher" would have been better wording. I am not sure if "much higher" is correct or not, but it is a balanced point of view and a starting place for a mature debate.
You are obtuse. Everytime doesn't mean every single matchup, and also Brady lost to Brees.

A great QB is more valuable than a great HC everytime, meaning if you have to pick one for your team, you pick the QB. It's about importance level. Both are important but it's rare that teams have the luxury of getting both. If you can only have 1 you pick the QB everytime.

Except for last night when Tom Brady lost because of Arians? (Your words)
The reading comprehension on this board is lacking at times.

I was not referencing individual matchups but overall philosophy.

If you can only have either a great HC or a great QB, you pick the QB everytime because the importance of the QB is greater.

To say that doesn't mean having a great HC means nothing, of course it does. But a QB is more valuable than a HC. Otherwise BB would be 6-3 right now instead of 2-5.

You are obtuse. Everytime doesn't mean every single matchup, and also Brady lost to Brees.

A great QB is more valuable than a great HC everytime, meaning if you have to pick one for your team, you pick the QB. It's about importance level. Both are important but it's rare that teams have the luxury of getting both. If you can only have 1 you pick the QB everytime.

Yes I am obtuse and you are very smart. Good point.

11-5 with Cassel
3-1 with Brissett and Garoppolo
Probably better than 2-4 if the QB could throw a football.
Well to be fare we do have a QB that can throw the ball pretty well. Unfortunately, he seems to not understand that he is supposed to throw it to the guys wearing the same jersey as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down