PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Most Miserable 18-1 Season in History??

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's going to take time.

this was a great season that fell short at the end, but still a great season.

true pats fans (even those who are being pretty darn tough on the team right now) will realize it soon, hopefully by the Opener next season.

real football fans who support other teams and who are dumping on us now will acknowledge it gradually over the next couple of years.

however, there will be a lot of folks who will never admit it and we're just going to have to live with that.

You are correct.The Giants played like champions all day and earned without a doubt,and my hat is off to them.Which makes my point.The Giants were the only team that deserved to even be on the same field as the Pats.And it took a herculean effort to beat the Pats,and they did it.It took the greatest SB in history to defeat the team who had the greatest season in history.The Giants and their fans have a lot to be proud of and the Pats have nothing to be ashamed of.
I agree with you 100%,they deserved it.

Ever hear of the short but interesting Super Bowl losing team jinx? - Its got me worried,Not too much,but nevertheless....:eek:

interestingly enough, the "jinx" is a myth, because the numbers are all over the place. I looked at what happened "next" Super Bowl-wise to every team that has lost a Super Bowl. The average absence is eight years. The longest belongs to the vikings, who haven't been back since 1977. However, by my count, teams have lost an SB and returned in the next year seven times; they have returned in two years four times and in three years twice.

Here are the stats, franchise by franchise

Cowboys: Lost SB V, came right back and won SB VI; lost SB X, came back two years later to win SB XII; Lost SB XIII, didn't return until they won SB XXVII, 14 years later.

Steelers: Lost SB XXX, didn't return until they won SB XL.

Broncos: Lost SB XII, didn't return until they lost SB XXI and XXII; lost SB XXIV, didn't return until they won SB XXXII and XXXIII.

Raiders: Lost SB XXVII, haven't returned.

Redskins: Lost SB VII, didn't return until they won SB XVII; lost SB XVIII, returned to win SB XXII

Dolphins: Lost SB VI, returned to win SB VII and VIII; lost SB XVII, returned to lose SB XIX and haven't been back since.

Packers: Lost SB XXXII, haven been back since.

Bills: Lost SB's XXV, XXVI, XXVII and XXVIII, haven't been back since.

Vikings: Lost SB's IV, VIII, IX and XI, haven't been back since.

Colts: Lost SB III, returned to win SB V

Giants: Lost SB XXXV, returned to win SB XLII.

Rams: Lost SB XIV, didn't return until they won SB XXXIV; lost SB XXXVI, haven't been back since

Bears: Lost SB XLI, haven't been back

Chiefs: Lost SB I, returned to win SB IV

Bengals: Lost SB XVI, returned to lose SB XXIII and haven't been back since.

Eagles: Lost SB XV, returned to lose SB XXXIX

Chargers: Lost SB XXIX and have never returned.

Falcons: Lost SB XXXIII and have never returned.

Panthers: Lost SB XXXVIII and have never returned.

Seahawks: Lost SB XL and have never returned.

Titans: Lost SB XXXIV and have never returned.

PATRIOTS: Lost SB XX, returned 11 years later to lose SB XXXI; returned five years later to win SB XXXVI; Lost SB XLII...

Last edited:
interestingly enough, the "jinx" is a myth.

Here are the stats, franchise by franchise

Cowboys: Lost SB V, came right back and won SB VI; lost SB X, came back two years later to win SB XII; Lost SB XIII, didn't return until they won SB XXVII, 14 years later.

Steelers: Lost SB XXX, didn't return until they won SB XL.

Broncos: Lost SB XII, didn't return until they lost SB XXI and XXII; lost SB XXIV, didn't return until they won SB XXXII and XXXIII.

Raiders: Lost SB XXVII, haven't returned.

Redskins: Lost SB VII, didn't return until they won SB XVII; lost SB XVIII,

STILL EDITING POSTED ACCIDENTALLY
History shows that all great teams have lost in super bowls so people shouldent worry about any jinx.

Last edited:
All great teams have lost in Super Bowls? Huh?

No they haven't...

So the 49ers weren't a great team?

Last edited:
Tis OK, I suppose...

:D

I guess I was wrong.

the 49ers are 5--0 in the SB.

However, the Jests, Ravens and Bucs have all appeared in and won just one SB, never losing. However, I don't think anyone is about to call them "great."

the 49ers are 5--0 in the SB.

However, the Jests, Ravens and Bucs have all appeared in and won just one SB, never losing. However, I don't think anyone is about to call them "great."

Exactly and I'm pretty sure the 49ers have had great teams that did not even make the SB...I'm thinking bout that heavily favored team that was also going for history (the threepeat) but lost the conference championship against who else but the giants...

Exactly and I'm pretty sure the 49ers have had great teams that did not even make the SB...I'm thinking bout that heavily favored team that was also going for history (the threepeat) but lost the conference championship against who else but the giants...

interesting observation. the giants also kept the bears from their undefeated season in 1934 (the skins did the same in 1942)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore