PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Krafts are relentless in their assault on Belichick's coaching.

Except for Belichick is a D/ST coach. I can buy the argument that Reid developed Mahomes. We saw what happened in '22 when Bill got more involved with the offense. He completely failed to develop Mac, who by all accounts was the most NFL ready QB in the draft. There's no disputing that.
In case you haven't noticed I don't really care for you're opinion on things because you tend to twist things so much that it doesn't matter. Reid's coaching counts but Bill's doesn't is probably where I should of stopped reading but then you go onto to call Mac the most ready QB of his draft when that absolutely was Trevor Lawrence.

Brady has a higher football IQ than Bill.

I said it.
Bill is a defensive savant. Brady is an offensive savant and with the insight he brought to Bill in that partnership he made the coach even better. When Bill tries to "coach" offense unchecked and sans Brady... we got not-so-genius things like Matt Patricia offensive coordinator.

Still think if BB wants to go back to being DC only then you would have teams lining up for him. He'd probably still be the best in the league.

Brady would have won with any coach. In fact he did win with a different coach.

Bill only won with Brady. We know there's no Belichick "system" and never was. Like any coach BB needs great players to win. Could Bill have won with another top QB? Maybe but we know for a fact he hasn't won much sans Brady and that's all we have.

In case you haven't noticed I don't really care for you're opinion on things because you tend to twist things so much that it doesn't matter. Reid's coaching counts but Bill's doesn't is probably where I should of stopped reading but then you go onto to call Mac the most ready QB of his draft when that absolutely was Trevor Lawrence.
You continue to show your ignorance.

I think "recrimination" is far too strong a word for what is going on. They are seekng to establish a line of demarcation between the old ways and the new ways. This always happens when there is a new regime, a new approach or culture in any sort of human undertaking. It is a necessary thing, though as with so many necessary things in life it is not often pretty. Nor is it essentially ad hominem, as you seem to assume. The old way is genuinely, inescapably is associated with those who established and perpetuated that old way, after all.

At one time I worked as a technical writer. One of my colleagues was leaving the company to open an art gallery. At the going away party, someone said,"This is great; now we have have somebody to blame for all of our collective screwups over your time here. I always love it when somebody leaves. We all get a fresh start." Everybody laughed, including the guy who was leaving, because the remark touches upon one of the many silly gambits by which humankind finesses the abundant nonsense of life. If Bill had found himself in a situation like that, I think he would at at least given up that one-sided smirko smile we all grew to love during his time here. After all as well, there are few people more famiilar with people getting fired for cause than a long-time head coach. This is a time, yet again, to quote Vonnegut - "So it Goes."
I have absolutely no doubt they will do things a new way and they should (even if the new way needs to be tested before it means anything). A recrimination is when you do this publicly. I have no problem with what Eliot Wolf said about doing things a new way. It's the anonymous stuff (from "higher management" to quote Reiss) that I'm highlighting. The word "sabotage" is a much stronger word than recrimination when it comes to assigning blame. If you feel recrimination is too strong, what do you feel about "sabotage"?

Often forgotten is that BB after Drew's injury and subsequent return decided to continue with Brady as the Pats QB.
That decision created quite an uproar among the local sports scribes and fans.
To say one has a higher IQ than the other is fallacy as both were mutually dependent on each other if Brady languished on the bench he may not have achieved what he did.

Brady has to know both what the offense and defense is doing at all times.

No one is going to accuse Bill of being a offensive guru.

Or did you miss the last 4 years?

I think my point couldn't be any clearer and yet you still do not comprehend it.

Bill was a pretty good defensive coach. Brady made him the GOAT.

Not the other way around.
We're talking about totally different things then. The question of what happened from 2020 on was the earlier discussion.

Now we're talking about something else.

BUT, I will say this: you're wrong here too. It really was the defense that carried the team in the early years. Brady became the most dominant force in football after that. He deserves all the credit. The defense wasn't even all that great in the later years with the exception of 2016 and 2018.

Last edited:
Bill is a defensive savant. Brady is an offensive savant and with the insight he brought to Bill in that partnership he made the coach even better. When Bill tries to "coach" offense unchecked and sans Brady... we got not-so-genius things like Matt Patricia offensive coordinator.

Still think if BB wants to go back to being DC only then you would have teams lining up for him. He'd probably still be the best in the league.

Agree.

We saw what Bill did without Brady on offense and it was a disgusting display of arrogance.

Does anyone actually think that Brady can't read a defense better than anyone who ever existed?

Reactions: sb1
Brady has to know both what the offense and defense is doing at all times.

No one is going to accuse Bill of being a offensive guru.

Or did you miss the last 4 years?
One of the most bizarre statements I ever read.

Brady needs to know what the Patriots defense is doing?

But Belichick doesn't need to know what the offense is doing? What are you trying to say here?

Are you talking about the opposition?

The way to stop an opposing offense with your defense is to know what they are doing?

We're talking about totally different thing sthen. The question of what happened from 2020 on was the earlier discussion.

Now we're talking about something else.

BUT, I will say this: you're wrong here too. It really was the defense that carried the team in the early years. Brady became the most dominant force in football after that. He deserves all the credit. The defense wasn't even all that great in the later years with the exception of 2016 and 2018.

If you wanna give Brady no credit for winning in the earlier part of the dynasty then you might as well give Parcels the credit for that too.

After all he was basically responsible for just about major piece we had.

Brady 7

Bill 6

The debate ended when Brady won that Superbowl immediately after walking away from Bills ********

Anyway, I refrained from relitigating this Brady - Belichick stuff in this thread, and Belichick is gone, so I don't really care anymore about it. I've made my assessment. This whole thing is about the Krafts, not Belichick and Brady. It's about the Patriots moving forward.

Last edited:
If you wanna give Brady no credit for winning in the earlier part of the dynasty then you might as well give Parcels the credit for that too.

After all he was basically responsible for just about major piece we had.

Brady 7

Bill 6

The debate ended when Brady won that Superbowl immediately after walking away from Bills ********
Who gave Brady no credit? I said the force on the team was the defense. These are 2 different things. The flip side of this would be to give Brady all the credit for the latter years without mentioning the defense in 2016 and 2018. That would be equally wrong.

Who gave Brady no credit? I said the force on the team was the defense. These are 2 different things. The flip side of this would be to give Brady all the credit for the latter years without mentioning the defense in 2016 and 2018. That would be equally wrong.

We're talking about two different things.

Either Brady or Bill was more integral to the success of the franchise.

I think it's Brady and really don't even think it's that close.

You think it's Bill.

We can leave it at that.

Fisher had an MVP QB and the best he could do was one SB loss.

What's his record without his MVP QB?
It is very similar to Belichick without Brady.

Congratulations. You just proved how similar the 2 coaches are.

Are you forgetting the Superbowls he won with the Giants. Try again.
It is obviously that the topic at hand is Bill Belichick the Head Coach. Eric Bienemy has as many rings as a coordinator as Bill Belichick.

Try again.

We're talking about two different things.

Either Brady or Bill was more integral to the success of the franchise.

I think it's Brady and really don't even think it's that close.

You think it's Bill.

We can leave it at that.
I actually don't think it's Bill. If I had a breakdown, it would be 4-2 Brady. But that's just giving the QB more credit as the most important position in football. 4-2 would be closer to 3-3.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back