PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very excited about this

Slow your roll turbo

I don’t care that he smokes weed. I think it’s funny that’s called a disease.
I am all for this trade, but if you think his problems are only weed, I think you're mistaken. It's weed, alcohol, codeine syrup, maybe other opioids as well, and more than that an inability to stop the desire for those substances to overcome the incentives to avoid them (salary, looming drug tests, etc.). Taken together he definitely has a multifaceted heath issue and hopefully it can be addressed.

So...without reading 56 pages of posts, what's the general consensus? Are the GDT All Stars worried and concerned?

I'd say 70% are in favor....with 25% in favor only because we gave up nothing....and 5% saying he's done for and not even worth it...

BB used the "it's official, but it's not OFFICIAL, so I can't talk about the trade" angle. He's now being typically tight lipped about that last game. This is looking to be another complete waste of an interview.
Hah as I expected.

I am all for this trade, but if you think his problems are only weed, I think you're mistaken. It's weed, alcohol, codeine syrup, maybe other opioids as well, and more than that an inability to stop the desire for those substances to overcome the incentives to avoid them (salary, looming drug tests, etc.). Taken together he definitely has a multifaceted heath issue and hopefully it can be addressed.

I didn’t realize he had a history with other substances. I thought he just couldn’t stop hitting the bong

My mistake

[watches guy elevate over a corner who was beaten so bad he had to faceguard on an underthrow, pluck the ball, and contort to land in-bounds with the ball secured on a last ditch play]

Eh I don't think this guy is there physically
Joey Galloway 2.0

What's interesting to me is that, because of circumstances (injury, suspension, trade, cut pickup), this team is potentially going to be going from "Christ, who the hell is going to catch the ball?" to "There's no way they can hang on to all those receivers, even if they moved Patterson more to a STer with benefits kind of role."

Edelman
Gordon
Dorsett
Hogan
Britt
Matthews
Coleman (more for potential than for immediate production)
Patterson

Yeah I think CP really benefits from not being a premier WR. The rest can all be productive and if JG can be a JG (we are all hoping) than we are in great shape at WR assuming JE comes back healthy etc. I think what they are doing though is pretty smart with Matthews and Britt.

I didn’t realize he had a history with other substances. I thought he just couldn’t stop hitting the bong

My mistake
Yea hes the NFL version of Leaving Las Vegas. Hes just down a bad road in life.

If he can stay clean for 5 months and live, breathe and love football.......its worth it.

Who gets the ax ?

Hey.. you know Josh Gordon has freakish athleticism kinda like Randy Moss..:D

Yea hes the NFL version of Leaving Las Vegas. Hes just down a bad road in life.

If he can stay clean for 5 months and live, breathe and love football.......its worth it.

I agree

He’s played so infrequently though I don’t even know what to possibly expect.

Probably for the best though so my expectations aren’t too high

Trying to stay even-keeled about this but I'm really looking forward to hearing Queen's Flash Gordon blasting in Gillette on his first TD.

I think he is relapsing and the Browns are looking out for his life. Instead of keeping him in an enviornment which has been toxic to him they are shipping him to the greatest organization in all of sports in hopes that New Engalnd can be that boot camp type atmosphere. He will be completely immersed with learning a playbook and surrounded by a legendary support structure. I truly hope this story ends with Josh turning his life around and hoisting the Lombardi with the crew in Feburary.

I think he is relapsing and the Browns are looking out for his life. Instead of keeping him in an enviornment which has been toxic to him they are shipping him to the greatest organization in all of sports in hopes that New Engalnd can be that boot camp type atmosphere. He will be completely immersed with learning a playbook and surrounded by a legendary support structure. I truly hope this story ends with Josh turning his life around and hoisting the Lombardi with the crew in Feburary.
If that was the case then I don’t think they would’ve talked to 10+ teams? Surely not all of those 10 teams fit that mold. Dallas does not. Philly “just likes to have fun”, as their players continue to tell us.

Slow your roll turbo

I don’t care that he smokes weed. I think it’s funny that’s called a disease.

If you can't curb it enough to play the game that pays you potentially many millions of dollars then, yeah, for you, it is a disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back