PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited for what he might bring to the offense.

Worried that he might never even see the field. Would it surprise anyone if he got busted on his way to the airport with a pillowcase full of panama red?

I think hogan will benefit a lot from this move.

Due to past wrs not always working out, I was taking a wait and see approach instead of getting excited about this trade. Seeing King's thoughts, though, has me amped!!!

Gordon already on the way to Boston. My fraternity brother told me that Gordon was spotted at the Philly airport about an hour ago.
They need to put a tracking anklet on him.

I want to know where he goes, who hes with, what time he leaves and when he gets there.

I posted it earlier, but it bears repeating. BB is scheduled to be on WEEI at 5:00
I’d imagine it won’t be official enough to get a comment?

Gadget plays may work better with more spacing. Right now Patterson's presence is so easy to read as an attempt to get him the ball. IF Gordon actually plays and plays well, and Edelman returns strong, Patterson would be much better as an afterthought who can do damage than someone they are counting on to make 5 plays each game.

Cory Coleman could be a decent wide receiver if developed in the system.

Mike Loyko‏ @NEPD_Loyko 9m9 minutes ago
Josh Gordon is either getting cut in three weeks or winning Super Bowl MVP. There will be no in between

Mike Loyko‏ @NEPD_Loyko 6m6 minutes ago
In my opinion the Josh Gordon acquisition is as much about helping Gronk as it is adding another WR. They need a legit receiving weapon to draw coverage out of the middle of the field and the Safety help away from #87

Glad they were aggressive and didn't let him land in the hands of Teams like Philly or KC.

Well, they got a Randy Moss level talent at wide receiver again. His problems are, of course, substantially different from Moss's "issues" but you can hope he grows up and gets over his addictions. Maybe being away from Cleveland will help. He's easily one of the most exciting players I've ever seen. A 5th round pick is effectively meaningless, the draft is 4 rounds long; they traded a 5th for Cassius Marsh last year then cut him a few weeks later. If you're not excited about this and wishing for the best, I don't know what to tell you.

Gordon already on the way to Boston. My fraternity brother told me that Gordon was spotted at the Philly airport about an hour ago.
How's he in Philly already? Do stars not have to pack or go through TSA?

Excited for what he might bring to the offense.

Worried that he might never even see the field. Would it surprise anyone if he got busted on his way to the airport with a pillowcase full of panama red?

That would be hilarious and sad at the same time. It would be one of the most idiotic moments in sports history.

Some interesting Gordon facts. In week 1 he played 69 of 89 snaps. He was targetted 3 times and got 1 TD for 17 yards. He got that catch matched up against a backup CB and didn't get any separation. Granted he made a great catch over his head. But it makes you question how much is there at this point and how far he is from being 2013 Josh Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back