PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s his current contract that a team would need to take on if they claim him on waivers?

I can't imagine us bringing in Dez and Gordon, just due to baggage, but I have to think that the Patriots need to at least look into the possibilities. I'm not personally for it, but the talent is tantalizing.

They looked into trading for M. Bryant, according to reports. If they can do that, they can look into signing Josh Gordon. BB could staple Slater to his ass to keep him out of trouble, if need be.

It doesn't hurt to look.

Funny thing is he isn't being released until Monday...the browns floated this info. to deal him to the highest bidder before than I'd bet.
He's going to be traded.

No doubt. At best if i am any team the most i would give is a 4th rounder because of the baggage.

Bring Gordon in here ASAP

Nobody is stopping us with Gordon and Hogan on the outside while Edelman is destroying people in the middle.

Yeah, but all the opposing team needs to do is to hold a bag of cocaine near the sidelines and he will get distracted and leave the field.

Didn’t randy moss show up to practices late when he was in Oakland? Gordon actually has a strong football iq in regards to route running and picking up the playbook.

If he clears waivers we need to bring him in, if it doesn’t work out just release him but you gotta kick the tires.

I'm all for it. But my threshold for when I wouldn't want them to look at a talented player is like, Domestic abuse, rape and murder. Anything less and idgaf.

Really hope we can finagle a trade, don't think he'd make it through waivers. It wouldn't take many games for him to be worth it and I think he was sincere in trying to turn it around.

Well Rotoworld updated their page. He's been released.
Probably no trade takers. That's telling, imo.

Gordon should not be in any long term plans.

The thing is, we are talking about WR#4 or WR#5.

Rarely, if ever, is any WR#4 or WR#5 in any long term plans. If he does his job, he keeps his job. If he doesn't, gooodbye. No way would I trade ANY draft pick for him, but a waiver claim? I'd think about it.

Rarely, if ever, is any WR#4 or WR#5 in any long term plans. If he does his job, he keeps his job. If he doesn't, gooodbye. No way would I trade ANY draft pick for him, but a waiver claim? I'd think about it.
He's not making it past the Jets

I’d put in the claim. He’s better than any wr4 we’re going to find this season.

You do realize he’s going to screw up at some point right? It’s going to happen. If you bring him in this week and he’s a good soldier this season you count it as a win and move on. Gordon should not be in any long term plans.

If he screws up you release him. If he screws up with this organization his career’s likely over. Don’t you think?

I think Gordon is done in the NFL is she is right about this...

The only way he won’t go through waivers will be if a team offers a draft pick for him. I think that likely will be the scenario.

If he screws up you release him. If he screws up with this organization his career’s likely over. Don’t you think?

His career may already be over. We don’t know. If he screws up again anywhere his career is likely over as he may be facing a ban longer than a seasons worth.

Bring Gordon in here ASAP

Nobody is stopping us with Gordon and Hogan on the outside while Edelman is destroying people in the middle.

Unless Gordon doesn't show up for the game...

Part of me thinks he may have done this to get released and play for a real team. Kind of like what Blount did in Pittsburgh a few years ago and made his way onto NE's roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe