PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets next sunday 4:30 PM (merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A friendly reminder. :)

don't you think its more fun to be an emotional fan instead of a rational one??

Re: Pats v. Jets: Isn't this the matchup we wanted?

You have to beat the best to be the best.

So why, again, do the Patriots have to play the Jets? :confused: ;)

The 45-3 means nothing now. NOTHING! The Jets showed me a lot tonight, and they are going to be tough SOB's. They played God-awful and still found a way to win the game. The way they ran the ball in the 2nd half was pretty impressive. With our DL banged up that could be a issue.

Despite what everone says, I didn't want to see the Jets. Nobody is going to give the Jets a chance and the Jets will use that as a rallying cry. They seem to play well against adversity.

The Jets played awful and you cite this as praise? Actually, Sanchez was awful. The Jets running game did well. The Jets defense (generally) did well. Sanchez stunk.

When the poll was posted a couple weeks ago about who we most wanted to play, the Jets won - because their QB stinks. The Patriots have proven 8 weeks in a row that they can put up 30+ points on the best defenses in the NFL. That's no guarantee for next Sunday - but it's about as close as it gets.

And how, again, are the Jets going to score 30+ points against the Patriots with Sanchez as QB?

There are no guarantees in the NFL, but the Patriots should be prohibitive favorites in this game just like they are. Stop being a chicken little and show some confidence in your team. They've earned it.

Honestly when the Jets-Colts game started (also mostly during it) I could not decide who I wanted to win. I would have been equally happy with either team losing..

But now I see it this way, by beating the Colts:

The Jets are like the guy who bought the girl all her drinks, while the Patriots will get to take her home.

Not only that but its like the guy who bought all the drinks is a huge dbag and we get to punch him in the face on our way to the car, girl in hand. Only way it would be better is if the Jets somehow got to play and defeat the Ravens and then would face the Pats in the chamionship game... which would be like not only buying her drinks for us but driving her to our place for us too. Thanks Jets!

Last edited:

Yeah. You're right to blow out the memories of the thrashing we gave the Jets. It'll be the "ground and pound" strategy by the Jets, with their very good offensive line (Woody's feeling great), against the severely depleted defensive line of the Patriots.

I've thought we'd be more likely to win without Brady than without Wolfork.

The Jets have a lot of talent at the OT and C position. Their guards are tough and physical. I esp. like the RG, Brandon Moore. He and Woody more than held their own against the Colts.

I'd move Vince over to LDE to neutralize Woody. I'm very nervous about the lack of depth on D line. Not having Brace really hurts, because Love isn't adequate as a starting NT. So it limits what we can do.

Put Auburn's Nick Fairley on this team and we win going away. But substitute Deaderick or Love, and it's a nail-biter.

I think the Jets can eke out a victory this time around, 23-20. I hope I'm wrong, of course.

Yeah. You're right to blow out the memories of the thrashing we gave the Jets. It'll be the "ground and pound" strategy by the Jets, with their very good offensive line (Woody's feeling great), against the severely depleted defensive line of the Patriots.

The Jets cannot beat the Pats with just ground and pound. They must make plays via the air. Sanchez is still an interception prone QB who did nothing to dispel that stigma last night. Pats D is vastly superior to the Colts D in every way except sideline to sideline pursuit and pass rush off teh edges.

I've thought we'd be more likely to win without Brady than without Wolfork.

No Brady = No chance. No Vince= Better than no chance

The Jets have a lot of talent at the OT and C position. Their guards are tough and physical. I esp. like the RG, Brandon Moore. He and Woody more than held their own against the Colts.

The Colts D line is thinner and MUCH smaller then NEs. Hands down.

I'd move Vince over to LDE to neutralize Woody. I'm very nervous about the lack of depth on D line. Not having Brace really hurts, because Love isn't adequate as a starting NT. So it limits what we can do.

At 33, Woody is average. He got a lot of help in containing Mathis yesterday. You underestimate Love. Hes much more serviceable than you give him credit for.

Put Auburn's Nick Fairley on this team and we win going away. But substitute Deaderick or Love, and it's a nail-biter.

So one player will turn a 23-30 win into a 41-10 win? Brady would. Thats it.

I think the Jets can eke out a victory this time around, 23-20. I hope I'm wrong, of course.

This happens every year. On wild card weekend, a team eeks out a road win and looks mean and tough in the process and now folks are morphing into chicken little. Jets played hard last night and eeked out a win vs a banged up Colts team.

Pats will still win by a couple of TDs.

Last edited:
Better the jetsies than the ravenous ravenites...

3rd game of the season, bb better have a good game plan ready!

Hooray for the jetsies, they beat an indy team in indy, not easy to do. I think they have weaknesses though, so we should be able to take advantage.

Hooray for the Jets! It gives them one win in the playoffs anyway.

If the unthinkable happens...well, let's just not think about that.:bricks:

Weaknesses? Did you see Sanchez? I'm guessing his over-throwing is due to compansating for his messed up shoulder. He was fortunate not to have more INT's!

And, he was thowing every ball as hard as he could. I didn't see one "touch-pass" all night. Now he only has one week for his shoulder to get better.

My greatest hope is that he messed it up even worse against the Colts.

Rex will dilude himself believing he beat a high octane colts powered by Manning the unstoppable.

The numbers don't follow the headlines and media gloating this season. Manning was the only reason they were favored, period. Give the guy a break, he new his team struggled all season, with his help of course lol.

Colts-ranked 25th allowing rush yards 20th in total yards eaking out their last 4 wins and have zero run game 29th. They relied on they're passing game against a top ranked defense 6th passing and 3rd rushing. Revis on wayne 1 catch 1 yard LMAO. This combination spells doom in the playoffs.

Jets-4th in rushing should've had this game by a touch down. Sanchez and the passing game are a laugh riot not worth mentioning.

Ryans unable to maximize his teams potential, no rythem on offense and at times just plain don't know where the endzone is at all. They're running game does squat for the passing game, play calling looks redonkulous at times and the QB has been so inaccurate it's scary.

The jets have struggled just as much as the colts with one more win and a ton of close games. This should be a much more efficient team but they're not, they scare their fans thats it. They've spent to much time becoming complacent with sputtering to change that in a week but who knows.

Any given sunday except this one, Go Pats!!!

If the pats can hold the jets to17 points like the colts d did, I feel optimistic of our chances to win.

Really? He's 3-1 in the playoffs on the road. Sanchez was terrible tonight, no doubt. There is no way you can generalize and say he's terrible in big games. It's just not true. He went into Pitt this year and won in Pitt when the Jets absolutely needed a win. He sucked tonight, yet he was clutch on the final drive when he needed to be. So, you probably need to rethink that position.

FYI...Sanchez hasn't "won" any of those games. The Jets running game did.

We're not going to win 45-3, but I like our chances. Sanchez has really regressed.

But one area we really took advantage of last time was the middle of the field and their safeties. It was their first game without Leonhard, and Pool/Smith were abused. They looked much better last night, and I expect that area to be more contested.

But it'll be night, it'll be cold, and Sanchez will want nothing to do with that.

Sure I'm a little nervous. Any given Sunday and all that BUT lets not forget a few things:

1. This is a home game
2. Sanchez sucks
3. Sanchez sucks more outside in the cold
4. So does LT
5. As long as our O can put points on the board, "single-digit-sanchez" will not keep up.

And my favorite part:
Jan 16 Sunday
Rain mixed with snow. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the low 20s. Winds from W at 9 mph

Suck it Sanchez! :D

Re: Survey says . . .

you do realize the series is 2-2 in the Ryan/Sanchez era? I wouldn't exactly call that owning a team. Looks more like a split to me.

Thats true but 45-3 was ownage to me! Lol...

can't get any better than this...Jets get smacked around again...No way the Pats lose this game, not even sure it will be close at all.

if the jets do run the ball efffectively they wont have to score42 pts. a game like the gb game vs the pats could work for them.

You are consistently missing the point. The Packers didn't make it a game vs. the Pats because they could run the ball vs. the Pats. It was a factor, but it also had to do with the Packers' d-line putting pressure on Brady up the middle all game with only four and five man rushes (BJ Raji owned the Pats' oline). The Jets don't have the pass rush to keep Brady to throwing for only 163 yards like the Packers did. The Pats had 249 total yards in that game.

Without the Packers' pass rush, the Pats would have won easily. Mesko punted 5 times in 9 possessions. Fpour of those drives were drives that the Pats were forced to punt after 4 or less plays. That is a huge reason why the Packers dominated on offense like they did.

The Jets ran the ball last night against one of the worst run defenses in the league. Last night, LaDainian Tomlinson rand for more than 50 yards since November and more than 60 yards since the beginning of October. The Jets have not been a good running team as of late. Just because they ran on a team that going into the month of December was worst in the league vs. the run doesn't mean the Jets are now a dominant running team.

Re: Pats v. Jets: Isn't this the matchup we wanted?

I wanted a Colts win, but I really can't complain about playing the Jets. I just hope that our banged up D-Line and run defense is up for the challenge. I know that Sanchez isn't going to win this divisional playoff game next weekend, so it's up to Spikes and Co. to stop Greene and LT.

Couldn't have said it better. I would love to see an utterly embarrassed Rex Ryan post game presser question, "Coach, after the last loss here you said you'd like to play them again. Having had that chance but still the same outcome, where do you go from here? Snacks are in the back of the room but what about after that?"

On a side note, I can't help but hear a whiny Wakim Phoenix voice in my head as I read your posts!

Holy rat crap crazy Batman, after the game, listen to the Lovely Rex from Reiss)

"Right now I'm just going to focus on the Colts," he said in his post-game press conference. "I think we've earned about 12 hours of enjoying this victory. This is a great football team. We beat them at their place, beat Peyton Manning at their place. I don't know if that's been done a whole heck of a lot. I know it hasn't been done by a team that I've been on, so I'm just going to focus on the Colts right now.

When I saw RR say that, I knew that the 45-3 game was still alive and well in his psyche. Which means it has a similar role in the minds of his players right now, as well

If the Pats get an early lead in that game, and the Jets offensive struggles, it could get ugly fast. Oh please, please, please.

And yes, of course, I am cognizant of "any given Sunday."

Jets safeties Pool and Smith seemed much more comfortable last night than when we first played them. We exposed them in the first match-up after Leonhard got hurt, but I expect them to play better this match-up.

Sanchez looked awful in a dome, but wait until he's outside and it's cold at night. Jets might only attempt 3 passes all night.

Cromartie looked really good returning kicks, as if he was trying to outrun child support payments. Our kick coverage better be in good shape, as they may have him do that again this week.

But he looked awful in coverage on anything other than the deeper routes. Hopefully the time-off was good for Wes, as him or Deion will have plenty of chances to rack up catches.

LT looked pretty good too with the caveat that it was against an atrocious run D. Losing Brace hurts here, but so long as Vince is healthy, we can hold the fort down. It's good to have Deaderick back, though I wonder if Love might start.

We won't win 45-3, but I like our chances.

The only reason I am scared is because it is the playoffs. As Seattle proved, anything can happen and I mean ANYTHING.

With that said the Jets safeties will allow Gronk and Hernandez to have a great game.

That's all the analysis I can give at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back