PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "interesting cuts from around the league" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume Shiancoe is only mildly injured which is why he wasn't PUPed or cut, but anyone think BB should give Chris Cooley a look? He's kind of a knucklehead but he was pretty good at one point and 2 years younger than Shiancoe. Could be decent as a 4th TE which BB seems determined to get his hands on at this point.

I'll bet the Rats are dragging him back to their nest as we speak.

I assume Shiancoe is only mildly injured which is why he wasn't PUPed or cut, but anyone think BB should give Chris Cooley a look? He's kind of a knucklehead but he was pretty good at one point and 2 years younger than Shiancoe. Could be decent as a 4th TE which BB seems determined to get his hands on at this point.

Cooley only played 5 games last year and 7 in 2009. I think his body is starting to break down on him, so I'd stay away. Pats would be fine with Gronk, Hernandez, Fells and Shiancoe if they decide to go with 4 TEs.

Shiancoe wasn't PUPed because he had practiced. Once you practice you aren't eligible for the PUP.

One of the problems with Cooley, as others have pointed out in other threads, is that he can't stay healthy.

The floodgates are about to open-

22 or so players from every team

The Dolphins cut 3 WRs. 2 of them were rumored starters at various points. One of those was a 2012 pick (Cunningham). Also, a 2011 pick let go (Gates).

McCown was cut by the Bears. For the moment, they're going with just two QBs.

OT: Former Pat Gary Guyton Released from Dolphins

per rotoworld

Dolphins released LB Gary Guyton.
It's a "mild shocker," per beat writer Ben Volin, as the Fins are swallowing a $45,000 signing bonus. Guyton is a backup-caliber talent, but the Dolphins are leaving themselves thin at linebacker. Jason Trusnik, Austin Spitler and rookie Josh Kaddu are the reserves behind starters Kevin Burnett, Karlos Dansby and Koa Misi.

Awfully thin LB corps.

Re: OT: Former Pat Gary Guyton Released from Dolphins

Already in the "Interesting Cuts" thread. Should be moved there.

quote:
@granthpaulsen: According to a source, #Redskins will release RB Tim Hightower today.

The Dolphins cut 3 WRs. 2 of them were rumored starters at various points. One of those was a 2012 pick (Cunningham). Also, a 2011 pick let go (Gates).

They already gave up on Edmund Gates I see....i liked him in the 2011 draft, speedy guy.

Last edited:
It's a trade, not a cut, but the Dolphins have traded OL Ryan Cook to the Cowboys for a seventh round pick.

It's a trade, not a cut, but the Dolphins have traded OL Ryan Cook to the Cowboys for a seventh round pick.

OK. . . the LOLphins are finally starting to learn a lesson from BB.

But can they actually learn to stop wasting high draft picks on QBs? :)

Last edited:

Geez, the Dolphins are accumulating draft picks. They probably have at least 11 or 12 now.

Geez, the Dolphins are accumulating draft picks. They probably have at least 11 or 12 now.

It's a smart plan. They trade their some of their players for picks, and pick up better ones who other teams release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes