PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Inactive List for week 10 VS Seahawks (predictions and beyond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Family

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With a solid roster health wise it becomes more difficult.

DJ Foster - He's been mostly inactive without Lewis
Cyrus Jones - No reason to bring him back without an injury to another.
L. Waddle - Has been odd offensive lineman out.
Kyle Van Noy - Now linebacker depth
Matt Lengel - Is this the game you need a third TE?
Chris Hogan or Malcom Mitchell - depending on injury - too many weapons not to sit one
Justin Coleman or Jordan Richards - Do you need a 4th CB or extra special team player?

With a solid roster health wise it becomes more difficult.

DJ Foster - He's been mostly inactive without Lewis
Cyrus Jones - No reason to bring him back without an injury to another.
L. Waddle - Has been odd offensive lineman out.
Kyle Van Noy - Now linebacker depth
Matt Lengel - Is this the game you need a third TE?
Chris Hogan or Malcom Mitchell - depending on injury - too many weapons not to sit one
Justin Coleman or Jordan Richards - Do you need a 4th CB or extra special team player?

Good prediction.
Cyrus was awarded PP of the week but I agree this is not a game to bring him back.

One remark: They might sit Hamilton and give Van Noy a try (ST & some D). If Van Noy is ready to go, esp. on ST, then Grissom could be the odd man out (although he did play good on ST and maybe they don't want to disturb that before big game). LB position is thin and inexperienced so they probably want to know what they have after Collins.

Good prediction.
Cyrus was awarded PP of the week but I agree this is not a game to bring him back.

One remark: They might sit Hamilton and give Van Noy a try (ST & some D). If Van Noy is ready to go, esp. on ST, then Grissom could be the odd man out (although he did play good on ST and maybe they don't want to disturb that before big game). LB position is thin and inexperienced so they probably want to know what they have after Collins.

Yes that's a good thought. I would sit Hamilton instead of Van Noy.

Good prediction.

Alan Branch has been limited all week with an Ankle issue. You don't sit Hamilton because it doesn't take much for a big man to re-injure that ankle.

Also, Chris Long was not at practice all week. I don't remember another player missing an entire week of practice and playing in a game..

Foster, Lengel, Waddle, Grissom, Hogan, Long, and Coleman figure to be the odd men out IMHO..

Alan Branch has been limited all week with an Ankle issue. You don't sit Hamilton because it doesn't take much for a big man to re-injure that ankle.

Also, Chris Long was not at practice all week. I don't remember another player missing an entire week of practice and playing in a game..

Foster, Lengel, Waddle, Grissom, Hogan, Long, and Coleman figure to be the odd men out IMHO..

Branch was listed with back and laughed it off when asked about it.
Long was full participant throughout two weeks, only absent on Friday (light practice), not injury related.

Branch was listed with back and laughed it off when asked about it.
Long was full participant throughout two weeks, only absent on Friday (light practice), not injury related.

Sorry, I misread. Got Branch and Bennett injuries mixed up.

Just because Branch "laughed it off" doesn't mean it's not an issue.. You don't want him going down and being left with just two DTs..

Heck, I'd sit Shea McClellin before sitting Hamilton just to ensure the Pats have a strong DT rotation.

As for Long and Hogan, I took the N/A on the Patriots.com Injury report to mean they weren't available.. Unlike the others listed there who received a LP for Limited Practice.

Look for Shea to get more snaps on D. He also plays ST.

Wait, what did I miss? Why would Hogan be sitting?

Shea McClellin has become the new Freeney. You think he should sit, but doesn't.

I think DJ/Lengel/Waddle/WR/Cyrus Jones are a likely 5.

I'd be surprised to see Lewis already. Especially vs Seattle. Maybe next week.

Lewis-Richards-DJ-Long-Lengel-Van Noy & two more randoms.

Shea McClellin has become the new Freeney. You think he should sit, but doesn't.

I think DJ/Lengel/Waddle/WR/Cyrus Jones are a likely 5.

Im actually looking forward to see him more. He was on and off w injury, showed some solid plays on D and ST. With Collins gone and him finally healthy let's see if he can be useful.

I'd be surprised to see Lewis already. Especially vs Seattle. Maybe next week.

But why would you risk putting Gaffney on waivers for someone who isn't going to play? There was no risk to not activating Lewis. They had a free week.

Someone could get hurt and you might need Gaffney next week. What would be their reason for this move if Lewis sits?

Im actually looking forward to see him more. He was on and off w injury, showed some solid plays on D and ST. With Collins gone and him finally healthy let's see if he can be useful.[

Freeney may not be done yet...may see him return week 16 if not needed earlier...

But why would you risk putting Gaffney on waivers for someone who isn't going to play? There was no risk to not activating Lewis. They had a free week.

Someone could get hurt and you might need Gaffney next week. What would be their reason for this move if Lewis sits?

I guess my reasoning : Gaffney was going to be inactive anyways - so NO loss there. And maybe they saw it as a good op to dump him & add him to the PS. Further : I get the sense Gaffney - though he keeps returning - is not viewed as much more than a JAG.

Hogan out and running well. No obvious impairment

No sign of mitchell

Last edited:
Eric Rowe inactive? Interesting

Both Mitchell and Hogan are active

BB always full of surprises. Good call Lewis inactive.

Hamilton and Van Noy..........

And Eric Rowe? One week you start and the next out. He keeps you guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back