PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The hilarious PFF rankings last night

slam

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The PFF Position Ranks that flashed under the player intros last night were so ridiculous I had to go back and capture them. For every one that seems halfway accurate there's at least that many howlers. Good to know that Matthew Judon is by far our worst LB and Deatrich Wise is our best defensive player. Oh, and Michael Onwenu is the best left guard in the league, which is why Mac has so much time and our running game has been plowing through the league.

Mac Jones 21 of 32

Damien Harris 25 of 57
Nelson Agholor 47 of 105
Jakobi Meyers 54 of 105
Hunter Henry 27 of 36
Jonnu Smith 36 of 36

Isaiah Wynn 27 of 36
Michael Onwenu 1 of 34
David Andrews 17 of 33
Shaq Mason 8 of 36
Justin Herron 38 of 39

Deatrich Wise 21 of 113
Lawrence Guy 118 of 122
Davon Godchaux 36 of 122

Matthew Judon 84 of 103
Don’t’a Hightower 45 of 83
Kyle Van Noy 30 of 83

JC Jackson 31 of 108
Adrian Phillips 8 of 80
Devin McCourty 20 of 80
Jonathan Jones 76 of 108
Jalen Mills 79 of 108

I never liked PFF. Are they still using the network broadcast for their data analysis?

The PFF Position Ranks that flashed under the player intros last night were so ridiculous I had to go back and capture them. For every one that seems halfway accurate there's at least that many howlers. Good to know that Matthew Judon is by far our worst LB and Deatrich Wise is our best defensive player. Oh, and Michael Onwenu is the best left guard in the league, which is why Mac has so much time and our running game has been plowing through the league.

Mac Jones 21 of 32

Damien Harris 25 of 57
Nelson Agholor 47 of 105
Jakobi Meyers 54 of 105
Hunter Henry 27 of 36
Jonnu Smith 36 of 36

Isaiah Wynn 27 of 36
Michael Onwenu 1 of 34
David Andrews 17 of 33
Shaq Mason 8 of 36
Justin Herron 38 of 39

Deatrich Wise 21 of 113
Lawrence Guy 118 of 122
Davon Godchaux 36 of 122

Matthew Judon 84 of 103
Don’t’a Hightower 45 of 83
Kyle Van Noy 30 of 83

JC Jackson 31 of 108
Adrian Phillips 8 of 80
Devin McCourty 20 of 80
Jonathan Jones 76 of 108
Jalen Mills 79 of 108
so thats where collinsworth come up with that

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

I never liked PFF. Are they still using the network broadcast for their data analysis?
Chris Collinsworth bought PFF and thus is citing it like it means something.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just got what you were asking. I don't think they've changed their methodology.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just got what you were asking. I don't think they've changed their methodology.
Which is a joke. I don't mind PFF but he's touting a flawed product like it's gospel.

PFF has some great writers, love the position snaps and stuff like that but these are underpaid European teenagers in some cases "watching every game" as they like to say.

I've actually talked to a few people that used to work there and some of the stuff the say, way they describe some of the people doing the heavy lifting for grades would make your head spin.

Their OL/DL/QB grades are the biggest jokes going.

Yeah, I was talking about how they used the broadcast film opposed to the all-22 for their value added stats which is useless for real stats since you cannot see a lot of things.

Now that the all-22 is readily accessible, I would hope they are using it for their value added stats. But even then, a lot of their stats are totally suggestive.

If there was any doubt about PFF is clearly trash. I had no opinion on it until learning wise is the best patriots defender

Yeah, I was talking about how they used the broadcast film opposed to the all-22 for their value added stats which is useless for real stats since you cannot see a lot of things.

Now that the all-22 is readily accessible, I would hope they are using it for their value added stats. But even then, a lot of their stats are totally suggestive.
Most big media always had A22.

BTW, I didn't know that Collinsworth owned PFF now. Makes sense now why every player's PFF ranking was on their chyron when they announced the offenses and defenses on SNF.

pff is a bunch of guys that never played football grading players on every play. only reason why they became a thing because some idiot wrote that Brady was done, so it was confirmation bias for people that hated Brady Then idiot collinsworth bought into them and pushed them as basically the metric for football

pff was actually started by bunch of brits that didn't like how the nfl didn't have a system where players were given a numerical grade for their game performance like how over there they grade soccer players 1.0-10.0 for match performances

If there was any doubt about PFF is clearly trash. I had no opinion on it until learning wise is the best patriots defender

I mean even then going by them collinsworth was wrong because they have Adrian Phillips as a top 8 safety, guy is a moron

Please remember this thread the next time anyone tries to use PFF ratings/rankings to bolster their argument.

PFF didn't for a long long time if ever.
Really? I can't imagine they were grading players on broadcast but I could be wrong. You read this somewhere?

Really? I can't imagine they were grading players on broadcast but I could be wrong. You read this somewhere?

Yes they were. Back in the day, they were regularly mocked on this board because of it. They had it on their website. It was in their early days. I haven't followed them since, but they didn't have access to the all-22 when they first started and used network broadcasts to do their grading.

Pff is interesting and also a work in progress. They still have a lot of work to do to make themselves relevant. Funny how some people preach it as gospel to hype up their players.

Not sure, but I read Onwenu was benched last night? Anyone know if it was true or just injury related?

Some stats that I do find compelling are pressures. I just don’t see the need to make up a bunch of other stats that make no sense or just a little too much chaos to be considered relevant.

Just because Wise has the highest grade in 2021, in just three games, doesn’t mean PFF is claiming he’s their best defender.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back