PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The good, not the bad and the ugly.....

I know it's hard with how things are spiraling, but can we please keep this one bright little thread positive? Pretty please? :whistle:
The offensive line has played better Sidy Sow has played well at guard and Onwenu has been good at RT and it seems to have really sured up the line.

I really think the Tavai punch out yesterday saved us from a repeat of the Saints game. Washington was marching up and down the field on us and I think it was going to be 17-0 and they would check out but that seemed to give the team a spark. While Tavai gets exposed against teams with tremendous speed like the Dolphins he seems to have developed into a quality player when not asked to do too much so that is a pleasant surprise.

Demario Douglas is looking more and more like he can be a quality receiver. I don’t think he will ever be a true "number one receiver" but with a better QB and an alpha dog pass catcher Douglas can be a great compliment.

So, through 9 weeks....there has been a lot
of bad and ugly football. What are the good parts of our team?

My list:

- Rhamondre Stevenson can still
make plays if holes are there.
- EE has been a good addition.
- Pharoah Brown should be our #3 TE of the future.
- Pop Doiglas is possibly our best offensive weapon right now and out slot receiver of the future.
- Dave Andrews has been solid.
- Onwenu is our best OL-man and hopefully will be resigned.
- I love Keion White and think he will be a factor next year.
- Anfernee Jennings has been around the ball a lot this year.
- Dugger is our best player right now and hopefully will be resigned.
- Jabril Peppers has been solid this year.
- Baringer has been a good punter lately.
- Ryland has been OK. I'd like to see him hit some 50+ figgies tho...
- Schooler has been solid except
for the BS holding call today.
- Gonzalez looks like a steal.
- The Jones secondary gives me hope for next year.
- We will have a high draft slot. Highest since Mayo for sure.
- Our cap space the next 3 seasons is in the top 5.
Let me be kinda negative, or better to say, realistic

Mondre - just average NFL running back, if hole is there, I can make a play
Zeke - same as Mondre, probably not with the team next year
Brown - it should be ok #3 TE, but I don’t wanna be too excited about just #3 TE
Pop - currently our best skill player, undersized, but I like him
Dave - it’s time to move on and get someone younger a chance, it is and always was average C
Onwenu - please resign, great RG or RT
White - it kinda Uche vibe, inconsistent but hopping for year 2 boom
Jennings - has been around ball lot but somebody has to, not even starter, potentially ok backup
Dugger - inconsistent, have some great game but can be invisible, average safety, I will resign him for 10-12m per
Peppers - same as Dugger, we have him next year which is good
Baringer - very good P, potentially pro bowler if not more in years to come
Ryland - I want them to get rid of Folk from day one, we have to give youngster a chance, he can be good kicker for us
Schooler - our new Slater for next 10 years
Gonzalez - it looks like future star but he played few games only and get injured on first fall, let see how is his durability and will judge him after 1 full season, I don’t want him to put in Canton yet
Jones secondary - undersized CB’s, injury prone players, Jon close to the end
High draft position - unfortunately, we still have same GM, I can see trade down for 3rd and 4th year after and then taking OT who will be available in 2nd round anyway
Cap - we have a lots of money, unfortunately, there is no players available to spend that money, that’s why you have to make trade for good players when they are available (Young and Sweat are good examples), we will overpay average FA’s just because we can

Let me be kinda negative, or better to say, realistic

Mondre - just average NFL running back, if hole is there, I can make a play
Zeke - sama as Mondre, probably not with the team next
Brown - it should be ok #3 TE, but I don’t wanna be too excited about, it just #3 TE
Pop - currently our best skill player, undersized, but I like him
Dave - it’s time to move on and get someone younger, it is and always was average C
Onwenu - please resign, great RG or RT
White - it kinda Uche vibe, inconsistent but hopping for year 2 boom
Jennings - has been around ball lot but somebody has to, not even starter, potentially ok backup
Dugger - inconsistent, have some great game but can be invisible, average safety, I will resign him for 10-12m per
Peppers - same as Dugger, we have him next year which is good
Baringer - very good P, potentially pro bowler if not more in years to come
Ryland - I want them to get rid of Folk from day one, we have to give youngster a chance, he can be good kicker for us
Schooler - our new Slater for next 10 years
Gonzalez - it looks like future star but he played few games only and get injured on first fall, let see how is his durability and will judge him after 1 full season, I don’t want him to put in Canton yet
Jones secondary - undersized CB’s, injury prone players, Jon close to the end
High draft position - unfortunately, we still have same GM, I can see trade down for 3rd and 4th year after and then taking OT who will be available in 2nd round anyway
Cap - we have a lots of money, unfortunately, there is no players available to spend that money, that’s why you have to make trade for good players when they are available (Young and Sweat are good examples), we will overpay average FA’s just because we can

RE: Dave Andrews....don't we have Jake Andrews? Is he any good?

RE: Dave Andrews....don't we have Jake Andrews? Is he any good?
Honestly, I will put him in right now, let see what he can and what we have

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back