PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The General and his finest warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kargetina

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
30ka9on.jpg

Tough, ruthless, focused, two exceptional leaders, two brilliant minds, one goal...make the NFL kneel. :D

This is probably my favorite picture that symbolizes the B&B era succinctly...whoever it is they're looking at, the odds are, they lost. :cool:

What are your favorite pictures of this great dynasty?

Hard to read Brady’s facial expression looking at goodell. Somewhere between a biologist who just spotted a new form of paramecium that’s only interesting because of its greed and god complex and a loathing of finding a creepy bug under a rock

I'm seeing the creepy bug under a rock.

Don't know if it counts as a picture but I remember a MNF game in Miami...probably the same one where Welker had that 99 yard TD catch (2011 I wanna say but may be wrong). At the end Brady was coming off the field to let Hoyer take a knee for him and Brady was fired the **** up and pumping his fist. He was passing BB and BB had this kind of cool grin on his face and patted Tom on the back of his helmet as he carried on with his TFBness. It was pretty awesome

Don't know if it counts as a picture but I remember a MNF game in Miami...probably the same one where Welker had that 99 yard TD catch (2011 I wanna say but may be wrong). At the end Brady was coming off the field to let Hoyer take a knee for him and Brady was fired the **** up and pumping his fist. He was passing BB and BB had this kind of cool grin on his face and patted Tom on the back of his helmet as he carried on with his TFBness. It was pretty awesome
I remember that. I don't remember why Brady was so pumped but BB was smiling and patted him on the back.
If I not mistaken, it may be his 100th win in NFL.

Last edited:
This does get at the heart of why I've always found it especially dumb when people try to insinuate that Brady and Belichick either resent one another or should have credit carved out separately re: what amount of the dynasty they're responsible for.

The biggest borderline miracle of all of this is that we got two guys who are both so pathologically competitive that they rose to the top of their ultra-competitive fields, but simultaneously were enough of big-picture thinkers who prioritized winning over ego that they could coexist for 18+ years without ever creating enough friction to blow up what they'd built.

It's just... really improbable. Usually when you get that kind of greatness together under one organization it's only a matter of time before someone's ego can't handle the fact that someone else is getting credit and they torpedo the whole thing. The 'average' great team would have imploded after 2007, or 2011 at latest, in a firestorm of finger-pointing after one of the SB losses.

I heard they fight for the great people of their Kingdom...despite being under the rule of their delusional King.

This does get at the heart of why I've always found it especially dumb when people try to insinuate that Brady and Belichick either resent one another or should have credit carved out separately re: what amount of the dynasty they're responsible for.

The biggest borderline miracle of all of this is that we got two guys who are both so pathologically competitive that they rose to the top of their ultra-competitive fields, but simultaneously were enough of big-picture thinkers who prioritized winning over ego that they could coexist for 18+ years without ever creating enough friction to blow up what they'd built.

It's just... really improbable. Usually when you get that kind of greatness together under one organization it's only a matter of time before someone's ego can't handle the fact that someone else is getting credit and they torpedo the whole thing. The 'average' great team would have imploded after 2007, or 2011 at latest, in a firestorm of finger-pointing after one of the SB losses.
Wonderful post!

Thank you, so well said.

Go Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes