PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

the first sign of the seahawkalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at your logic. lets pick a smaller data set....how the int vs fumble stat go week 6?

every year there are more turnovers due to the passing game than the running game....but lets ignore that and go with 6 games this year....because you say so

you are right....the pats are so much better off throwing the ball rather than running it on 3rd and 1. what was I thinking

Yes, Brady throws a pick every three passes. Why Belichick ever lets him throw a pass is beyond me.

You argument makes no sense because the Pats don't turn over the ball that often. There was next to no chance the Pats were going to turn over the ball. Based on this season's data, calling a passing play in that situation came with a whopping 1.6% chance the Pats turn the ball over vs. about a 0.5% chance if they ran the ball. So the odds were negligible that the Pats would turn over the ball whether they ran or pass.

You are making up BS controversy that isn't supported by the facts.

Yes, Brady throws a pick every three passes. Why Belichick ever lets him throw a pass is beyond me.

You argument makes no sense because the Pats don't turn over the ball that often. There was next to no chance the Pats were going to turn over the ball. Based on this season's data, calling a passing play in that situation came with a whopping 1.6% chance the Pats turn the ball over vs. about a 0.5% chance if they ran the ball. So the odds were negligible that the Pats would turn over the ball whether they ran or pass.

You are making up BS controversy that isn't supported by the facts.

it's reality....you just don't like it

it's reality....you just don't like it

It's utter BS, but you refuse to admit it. Provide proof if it is reality. I provided proof that it is BS.

This is dumb. I conceed that the 0.0005% chance that a short over the middle pass from Brady to Welker is too much of a risk to go on third and two. Brady should just stop throwing to Welker all together because there is such a huge risk of something going horribly wrong.:rolleyes:

Seriously, only a person with very little understanding about football would consider a short over the middle pass from Brady to Welker as a high risk play.

It is a high percentage play because the odds say the Pats are far, far, far, far, far more likely to convert the first down than turn the ball over on a play like that.

Last edited:
no....not really......you twisted things into nonsense and then claim that I'm utter BS

your point is not valid

only a person who has absoutely no clue (or is just being a homer by making excuses) about football would claim that the passing game has less risk associated with it

It's utter BS, but you refuse to admit it. Provide proof if it is reality. I provided proof that it is BS.

This is dumb. I conceed that the 0.0005% chance that a short over the middle pass from Brady to Welker is too much of a risk to go on third and two. Brady should just stop throwing to Welker all together because there is such a huge risk of something going horribly wrong.:rolleyes:

Seriously, only a person with very little understanding about football would consider a short over the middle pass from Brady to Welker as a high risk play.

It is a high percentage play because the odds say the Pats are far, far, far, far, far more likely to convert the first down than turn the ball over on a play like that.

Last edited:
no....not really......you twisted things into nonsense and then claim that I'm utter BS

your point is not valid

only a person who has absoutely no clue (or is just being a homer by making excuses) about football would claim that the passing game has less risk associated with it

You should really just back away from the computer because you are making a fool of yourself.

A short three yard pass to Welker is a very low risk play. It may be an insignificantly higher risk than a running play, but Brady has thrown that pass hundred of times during Welker's time here and probably turned over the ball once or twice. With Ridley's fumbling habit (he has two fumbles this year), giving him the ball may have been a higher risk.

Stop acting like Brady threw a 40 yard bomb down the field. He threw a safe three yard pass.

You should really just back away from the computer because you are making a fool of yourself.

A short three yard pass to Welker is a very low risk play. It may be an insignificantly higher risk than a running play, but Brady has thrown that pass hundred of times during Welker's time here and probably turned over the ball once or twice. With Ridley's fumbling habit (he has two fumbles this year), giving him the ball may have been a higher risk.

Stop acting like Brady threw a 40 yard bomb down the field. He threw a safe three yard pass.

all I can say is that you should think before you type........paraphrasing something 15 different ways is not going to get make you any less wrong

all I can say is that you should think before you type........paraphrasing something 15 different ways is not going to get make you any less wrong

LOL! who is spinning anything other than you. Only a moron would say a short 3 yard pass to Welker was a high risk play. That is what you are arguing. What does that say about you?

Since I am absolutely right, I guess I can't be wrong.

Both a short pass and a run are both plays with very low risk of turnover. Next to none in both cases. You can argue that the Pats selecting a play that had next to no chance of turning the ball over is stupid because there was another with next to no chance of turning the ball over had slightly bette odds of it, but it only exposes your lack of football knowledge.

I do think before I type that is why I am blowing your argument out of water that a short pass to Welker was dumb because it has a high percentage of getting turned over.

Last edited:
paraphrasing things for a 16th time has gotten you no closer to reality

LOL! who is spinning anything other than you. Only a moron would say a short 3 yard pass to Welker was a high risk play. That is what you are arguing. What does that say about you?

Since I am absolutely right, I guess I can't be wrong.

Both a short pass and a run are both plays with very low risk of turnover. Next to none in both cases. You can argue that the Pats selecting a play that had next to no chance of turning the ball over is stupid because there was another with next to no chance of turning the ball over had slightly bette odds of it, but it only exposes your lack of football knowledge.

I do think before I type that is why I am blowing your argument out of water that a short pass to Welker was dumb because it has a high percentage of getting turned over.

The Seahawks have been shutting down the run all game. The Pats got 3.3 YPC. The Seahawks have the 4th best run defense in terms of yards allowed and second best in yards per attempt. Not only do they have a great run defense, but they have one of the best run defenses in the league.

So I don't get how people saying that the Pats going with what was working all game up to that point (Brady to Welker) is a bad call and going with what the Pats were struggling against was the right call. In this game, the Pats couldn't run the ball.

Also, that play with 6 second left in the half was Belichick's call to run a play (not McDaniels) and people choose to ignore that if Brady actually threw the ball near an actual receiver, the Pats still would have had enough time to kick the field goal. That was another execution issue more than play calling. Brady could have thrown to Gronk who was wide open, but threw to no one and got the intentional grounding (although that might have been Branch's fault for not running the right route).

As far as running the ball, the 3.3 YPC still gets you a first down if they stick with it. The pass that made me craziest was the third down incompletion to Branch in the fourth quarter out of an empty backfield. No play action invited the DBs up to jam the receivers and the linebackers to get right into coverage or blitz. Terrible play call in that situation.

Try this stat out for why the Pats should have had a better balance run to pass: Brady had a 28 passer rating in the 4th quarter - he was ineffective. If the run were more of a threat, he would have had more time and more openings over the middle.

The whole thing was a fiasco.

As far as running the ball, the 3.3 YPC still gets you a first down if they stick with it. The pass that made me craziest was the third down incompletion to Branch in the fourth quarter out of an empty backfield. No play action invited the DBs up to jam the receivers and the linebackers to get right into coverage or blitz. Terrible play call in that situation.

Try this stat out for why the Pats should have had a better balance run to pass: Brady had a 28 passer rating in the 4th quarter - he was ineffective. If the run were more of a threat, he would have had more time and more openings over the middle.

The whole thing was a fiasco.

3.3 YPC is an average, not what they were getting on every down.

I agree they should have run it more especially in the second half, but they weren't running the ball effectively with Ridley (who averaged 2.1 YPC). Bolden was getting yards when he was in, but he was injured. Woodhead got yards when he ran, but you can only run him so much to be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back