PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Demise of ESPN

Jason_Carrier

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey all, I am sure you hopefully recognize me from over there. Hope to see some familiar "faces"!

Hey all, I am sure you hopefully recognize me from over there. Hope to see some familiar "faces"!

A lot of people are none too pleased with the world wide leader's decision that all comments are made via a facebook login. Even though others such as nfl.com do the same thing, I think that's a crock to force somebody to have a FB account in order to make their opinion known.

:welcome:

A lot of people are none too pleased with the world wide leader's decision that all comments are made via a facebook login. Even though others such as nfl.com do the same thing, I think that's a crock to force somebody to have a FB account in order to make their opinion known.

:welcome:

I think this change has been in the works for a while and the decision didn't surprise me at all. With the "robust" version of the board it was obvious they wanted people to engage in Facebook style "streams" or conversations with likes and everything instead of posts. I'm sure they want to use some of Facebook's features and traffic analysis engine in their new conversations format and this requirement will let them do that.

I don't like it but at least in theory that should stop the PatsLoses and BostonGirls from annihilating a conversation...

I think this change has been in the works for a while and the decision didn't surprise me at all. With the "robust" version of the board it was obvious they wanted people to engage in Facebook style "streams" or conversations with likes and everything instead of posts. I'm sure they want to use some of Facebook's features and traffic analysis engine in their new conversations format and this requirement will let them do that.

I don't like it but at least in theory that should stop the PatsLoses and BostonGirls from annihilating a conversation...

I understand the business decision side of it, as FB does a great job of collecting data and analyzing trends, traffic and demographics.

However, as a consumer I don't really care for it. Once nfl.com switched to that I never commented there again, and visit there site for articles far less often than I used to. I will have to wait and see what happens, but I am guessing that I will probably spend less time there going forward as well.

The Facebook thing does not bother me. The way they are using the feeds does (as it goes to fast, and pause does not always work).

that and I feel there would be less control over trolls that way.

It also sucks that I've been there since 96 and other than a one day hand slap here or there, I've had the same ID or similar (seeing I had to change when they updated the first time)

Welcome to the forums. As hope you enjoy it here. Have fun!

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back