PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Broncos feasted on the NFC East this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that the Broncos offense feasted on the NFC East this season?

• Giants – 41
• Eagles – 52
• Cowboys – 51
• Redskins – 45

They scored 40+ points in 6/16 games this season but against the NFC East they scored 40+ points in 4/4. Peyton threw for 1402 yards and 14 touchdowns in those 4 games as well.

I found it to be interesting that 199 of their 606 points scored came against the NFC East teams who they averaged 49.75 PPG against and they scored 405 points in their other 12 games for an average of 33.75 PPG against opponents outside of the NFC East.

Actually all 3 of the playoff teams from the West enjoyed their games against the NFC East with a combined record of 11-1:

• Broncos went 4-0
• Chiefs went 4-0
• Chargers went 3-1

Their PPG average was 10 points lower outside of the NFC East.

Worst division in football this year

Keep in mind, they didn't play Nick Foles' Eagles that one game

I'd like to know the PPG yielded by the NFCE against opponents other than Denver compared to the rest of the league. For that matter I'd like to see the same stat for the rest of the AFCW.

Don't forget they played the AFC South too which was the worst division in the AFC.

What relevance does this have to the upcoming Patriots game? Good teams should beat the hell out of mediocre teams. The Broncos did that.

Those games were all in the first half of the season. The Giants and Eagles improved significantly as the season progressed.

Dallas put up 48 in the Denver game.

I wouldn't read much into those games.

Their PPG average was 10 points lower outside of the NFC East.

They scored 189 points not 199 against the NFC East; my math somehow added 10 points to the mix. Good catch.

They averaged 47.25 against the NFC east and 34.75 against their other 12 opponents.

What relevance does this have to the upcoming Patriots game? Good teams should beat the hell out of mediocre teams. The Broncos did that.

Nothing at all I just had to satisfy my need to open a thread :D

I was just taking a look at the Broncos offense and thought it was interesting the difference between PPG against the NFC East and everyone else.

It's irrelevant.

During the 07 regular season the Pats put up over 42 ppg vs the NFC East including 38 vs the G-men.

That worked out well in SB 42 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye