PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Best Rule Ever

Ivan

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I was listening to a soccer podcast today and they were talking about new rules in soccer leagues. One they talked about was the best rule change I have ever heard of. In a lower offshoot of the MLS they have adopted a rule where the higher seed gets to pick their playoff opponent (s). This should be done in every league/ every sport.

I don't know if that would work in football. The lower seed tends to be the weakest anyways

It seems that would motivate the team that’s picked. That would become personal. It would be interesting, but I think the team with the best record would rather not pick their opponent. I can see in football, the lesser team might realize they’re losing the game, but let’s at least physically punish those a holes.

It seems that would motivate the team that’s picked. That would become personal. It would be interesting, but I think the team with the best record would rather not pick their opponent. I can see in football, the lesser team might realize they’re losing the game, but let’s at least physically punish those a holes.
Gregg Williams is that you?

If they didn’t ruin football by eliminating all of its physicality that would be the dopest thing ever. Imagine how hard Rodney Harrison would be vibrating if someone called him out like that.

I think the antipathy it would create would always be awesome. And it would work its way down as each remaining higher seed chose their opponent. Then do it all over again the next week. I can’t think of a sport I wouldn’t want doing it when the opportunity is there. Matter of fact, i think I’ll see if the guys I play golf with want to do it. The cruelty is the point.

I was listening to a soccer podcast today and they were talking about new rules in soccer leagues. One they talked about was the best rule change I have ever heard of. In a lower offshoot of the MLS they have adopted a rule where the higher seed gets to pick their playoff opponent (s). This should be done in every league/ every sport.
Stopped reading at "soccer"

Players can wear 0 now

I don't know if that would work in football. The lower seed tends to be the weakest anyways

You can pick whoever you want, if you want # 8 you can take it, what makes it enjoyable is that whomever you pick will have a chip on their shoulder for getting picked,

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back