PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Beck Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you base this off one game? Not exactly genius.

You sure have trouble reading Aqua.

I didn't say I was basing it off ONE GAME. I was basing it on the fact that Beck is severely behind the learning curve regardless of the fact that he's a rookie. He's 26 years old. Its no wonder he played so well in college going up against guys he was 4 and 5 years older than.

I look at it similar to over-age juniors in hockey. They put up stellar numbers, but they are doing it against competition that doesn't have nearly their experience.

As I said, I don't see Beck being anything spectacular. I see him being an average QB. And considering how bad some of Miami's QBs have been, that should be a compliment to you, Aqua.

Ted's played 10 games.

WELKER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GINN so drop that already. Besides, Welker is benefiting big time from a system, he would be a 60 catch 600 yard guy on our team.

Ginn added a much needed play maker to our offense and special teams.

And I'm done telling you about Samson Satele. It's obvious you don't understand the importance of offensive line in the NFL and with that you can't fully understand the game. Get a clue then speak.

If the Dolphins hadn't traded Welker, they wouldn't have drafted Ginn.. That is how they have something to do with one another. That is the concept you fail to grasp.

As for Samson Satele, keep on washing the guys balls. He's a decent center. Nothing more. Nothing less.

He's a rookie, genius. Just because he's 26 doesn't mean he has played in NFL games before. The NFL is just a little bit faster then the college game, I'm sure you knew that though. :rolleyes:

You can't possibly be this un-informed.

While Beck may be a rookie, you really shouldn't gloss over the fact that he's 26. In fact, it should be cause for worry that Beck really isn't the Dolphin's future, but only a stop-gap for 2-3 years. Someone to hold the fort together while they replace guys like Taylor and Thomas. And get an O-line....

He's a rookie, genius. Just because he's 26 doesn't mean he has played in NFL games before. The NFL is just a little bit faster then the college game, I'm sure you knew that though. :rolleyes:

You can't possibly be this un-informed.

and by that token he might never beable to pick up how much faster the nfl is than college because he is TWENTY SIX and done developing.

you can't possibly be this un-informed though

While Beck may be a rookie, you really shouldn't gloss over the fact that he's 26. In fact, it should be cause for worry that Beck really isn't the Dolphin's future, but only a stop-gap for 2-3 years. Someone to hold the fort together while they replace guys like Taylor and Thomas. And get an O-line....

2 to 3 years? So by your standards QBs are done at age 29?

and by that token he might never beable to pick up how much faster the nfl is than college because he is TWENTY SIX and done developing.

you can't possibly be this un-informed though

So mental development ends at a certain age? I thought players could learn stuff no matter what the age, odd. I guess Tony Romo probably had a ton of trouble devloping too.

I must be missing something. Where is any football evidence that Beck is capable of being even a starting QB in the NFL, never mind an above average player? He's a rook with everything to prove and nothing to crow about.

Last edited:
I must be missing something. Where is any football evidence that Beck is capable of being even a starting QB in the NFL, never mind an above average player? He's a rook with everything to prove and nothing to crow about.
Thats what I'm trying to figure out. 26 is old for a rookie, but to say someone is done before they even start is speaking too soon.

2 to 3 years? So by your standards QBs are done at age 29?

Listen, Travis. I know that your brain doesn't function too well when tasked with adding 1+1.

Beck = AVERAGE.

If the Dolphins are going to do ANYTHING, they need a QB who can win games for them. Not just NOT LOSE them. Beck is not that guy.

I am saying that the Dolphins will survive with him while they rebuild the rest of their team, but in 2-3 years, they will bring in a new guy to be their starter.

Why is it that you need EVERYTHING spelled out for you? Are you really that stupid?

So mental development ends at a certain age? I thought players could learn stuff no matter what the age, odd. I guess Tony Romo probably had a ton of trouble devloping too.

First off, you can't compare Romo to Beck. Romo just turned 27 and has 3 years in the league. Beck will have 1 year when he turns 27. BIG DIFFERNCE there.

Listen, Travis. I know that your brain doesn't function too well when tasked with adding 1+1.

Beck = AVERAGE.

If the Dolphins are going to do ANYTHING, they need a QB who can win games for them. Not just NOT LOSE them. Beck is not that guy.

I am saying that the Dolphins will survive with him while they rebuild the rest of their team, but in 2-3 years, they will bring in a new guy to be their starter.

Why is it that you need EVERYTHING spelled out for you? Are you really that stupid?

And in response to this I have to ask you how you know this? How do you know Beck isn't anything special. I'd love to see you prove a lot of guys wrong that have far better track records scouting QBs then some 40 year old arm chair QB.

Prove Cam and Jaworski wrong, please.

And in response to this I have to ask you how you know this? How do you know Beck isn't anything special. I'd love to see you prove a lot of guys wrong that have far better track records scouting QBs then some 40 year old arm chair QB.

Aqua -
The Phins track record on QBs speaks for itself. I mean, how many draft picks have they wasted the last few years by trading for a QB?

The fact is that its MY opinion and its based on what I've seen. Which hasn't been much from Beck. Both in the pre-season AND in the one game he played in. And, as a 26 year old, the ceiling for him isn't that high.

OH, and I'm not 40, moron. You really should just STFU and stop trying to show people up. Especially a welching scumbag like yourself. Your a classless piece of garbage who can't honor his bets.

Last I looked, Cameron hasn't done squat yet. And he's a coach that could, very well, end up being the coach of the only team to go winless that wasn't an expansion team.

Aqua -
The Phins track record on QBs speaks for itself. I mean, how many draft picks have they wasted the last few years by trading for a QB?

The fact is that its MY opinion and its based on what I've seen. Which hasn't been much from Beck. Both in the pre-season AND in the one game he played in. And, as a 26 year old, the ceiling for him isn't that high.

OH, and I'm not 40, moron. You really should just STFU and stop trying to show people up. Especially a welching scumbag like yourself. Your a classless piece of garbage who can't honor his bets.

Last I looked, Cameron hasn't done squat yet. And he's a coach that could, very well, end up being the coach of the only team to go winless that wasn't an expansion team.

What the hell does that have to do with the Cameron/Mueller regime? Nothing! Quit comparing Speilman and Wannstedt to this bunch!

Well, you're opinion means nothing because you have only seen 1 game of his, max. I'd love to see your analysis of him in the pre-season because my guess is that you haven't seen much.

Welching? Pretty sure I paid that bet, tool.

Cameron hasn't done squat besides build one of the best offenses in San Diego.

Welshing? Pretty sure I paid that bet, tool.
you only paid one of your lost bets because i with help from others embarrassed and humiliated you into paying it after almost a year .you didn't honor your other lost bet where you said you would leave this board if you lost the bet .well you lost and yet here you are still posting .once a scum bag welsher always a scum bag welsher

What the hell does that have to do with the Cameron/Mueller regime? Nothing! Quit comparing Speilman and Wannstedt to this bunch!

Well, you're opinion means nothing because you have only seen 1 game of his, max. I'd love to see your analysis of him in the pre-season because my guess is that you haven't seen much.

You paid ONE debt. You didn't pay the other you piece of garbage scumbag. You know, the bet you lost to me. Not only that, It took you better than 6 months to pay off your debt. So forgive me if I don't feel you've done a damn thing. You are still a welcher.

BTW, Cameron did NOT build one of the best offenses in San Diego. AJ SMITH built that team. Not Cameron.

As for Mueller, you need to be reminded that Mueller was the one who got Culpepper. He's also the one who got Green. BOTH were failures.

My opinion is my own and I've proven that my pinkie has more grasp on the game than your entire brains. So, please keep you mouth shut, Travis. I've owned and schooled you numerous times.

Please prove that Matt Cassell isn't better than Joe Montana.

Paying a bet nearly one year afterwards after numerous attempts to welch STILL makes you a welcher.

Then there is the 2nd bet you welched on. The bet you lost where you said you'd stop posting here if you lost. You lost, yet you welched on that one too and still post here.

You're a proven welcher and a liar.

Paying a bet nearly one year afterwards after numerous attempts to welch STILL makes you a welcher.

Then there is the 2nd bet you welched on. The bet you lost where you said you'd stop posting here if you lost. You lost, yet you welched on that one too and still post here.

You're a proven welcher and a liar.
ya what he said

Do you guys honestly think this guy is a bust or a bad player based off of one or two games? Come on.

Aqua has just as much evidence if not more that Maroney and Meriweather are busts then.

Do you guys honestly think this guy is a bust or a bad player based off of one or two games? Come on.

Aqua has just as much evidence if not more that Maroney and Meriweather are busts then.

*ROFLMAO* Wow. that has got to be the most BS I've seen since Aqua started posting.

1) Meriweather isn't 26. And he wasn't brought in to start immediately. Meriweather has been in on special teams regularly. To say that Meriweather is a bust would be assinine.

2) Maroney isn't even close to being a bust.

3) I never said Beck was a bust. I said beck would be average. I based this on what I've seen of him and the fact that he's already 26. So, his ceiling is going to be a lot lower than other QBs.

4) Instead of sticking up for Aqua, read the entire damn thread and make sure people haven't addressed what you bring up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back