PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 7th Most Valuable Sports Franchise in the World?? Your New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
As they did for a few things ( Michael Jackson's tour) but not the old stadium with the metal bench seats................
I just never cared about freezing my butt off, or anything in old Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium.

I loved it. I was happy to have a team. And, we were really good in stretches of the 70's & 80's, with great players and coaches.

It's good that Kraft is financially stable and responsible, but my affection for the team isn't predicated upon it.

Can't say the same for Kraft.

That's easy when you rob and fleece taxpayers of their hard earned coin.
but of course that doesn't include our Patriots who, in the end, didn't cost taxpayers a dime for their stadium. And yet ADD millions to the MA taxpayer base in state income tax revenue and other revenue streams.

It is how a stadium SHOULD be built. I am constantly amazed that other owner keep taking local tax money for their ego drive stadiums, and just as amazed when these localities keep giving them the money. And that's not counting the amazing robbery that PSL's are. :eek: Thank God, Kraft saved us from these BOTH obscenities

Thank God, Kraft saved us from these BOTH obscenities
Uh what now? Let's recap off my vague recollection of stadium funding.

Bob Kraft: Yo Boston council, I need that $$$$ for my new dope stadium. Ya feel me?
Boston council: Uh, Bob, this is Boston. Your stadium is Foxborough.
Bob Kraft: Hey everyone! Look I used private funding to build the stadium. Look how gracious I am and good I am.

Years later...

Bob Kraft: Yo Boston council, Now that I've won you 4 Super Bowls, how about a little coin for that wifi upgrade?
Boston council: Ugh, Bob, we've been over this. You're not in Boston! Geez man, take a hint!
Bob Kraft: Great news everyone, I'm investing my own money to upgrade Gillette stadium. Look at me everyone, I'm using my own money, no public funding at all. Look how good I am everyone!

Thank God Kraft saved you? No, thank god Boston council told Bob Kraft to piss off.
Get that **** straight. Bob Kraft is vile scum just like the rest of the corrupt owners. No exceptions.

But let's not give kudo's to Boston either. I bet if the stadium was in Boston they would have funded his ass like the rest of the cities in the US. Completely ****ed up. **** these idiot councilmen to hell.

Oh and I don't get how you are amazed that they keep taking local tax money? They're greedy pieces of ****. That's been clearly obvious for years! And the idiot city officials get bribed or are the biggest idiots in the world. I can't take this type of stupidity anymore. It's becoming unbearable.

Uh what now? Let's recap off my vague recollection of stadium funding.

Bob Kraft: Yo Boston council, I need that $$$$ for my new dope stadium. Ya feel me?
Boston council: Uh, Bob, this is Boston. Your stadium is Foxborough.
Bob Kraft: Hey everyone! Look I used private funding to build the stadium. Look how gracious I am and good I am.

Years later...

Bob Kraft: Yo Boston council, Now that I've won you 4 Super Bowls, how about a little coin for that wifi upgrade?
Boston council: Ugh, Bob, we've been over this. You're not in Boston! Geez man, take a hint!
Bob Kraft: Great news everyone, I'm investing my own money to upgrade Gillette stadium. Look at me everyone, I'm using my own money, no public funding at all. Look how good I am everyone!

Thank God Kraft saved you? No, thank god Boston council told Bob Kraft to piss off.
Get that **** straight. Bob Kraft is vile scum just like the rest of the corrupt owners. No exceptions.

But let's not give kudo's to Boston either. I bet if the stadium was in Boston they would have funded his ass like the rest of the cities in the US. Completely ****ed up. **** these idiot councilmen to hell.

Oh and I don't get how you are amazed that they keep taking local tax money? They're greedy pieces of ****. That's been clearly obvious for years! And the idiot city officials get bribed or are the biggest idiots in the world. I can't take this type of stupidity anymore. It's becoming unbearable.
Is your animosity toward Kraft so great that it blinds to the FACTS that he built the stadium with is OWN money. That he REPAID the the $70MM or so the the state put up for infrastructure changes to Rt 2. That no Pats season ticket holder has EVER paid for a PSL. Those are all ignored, but because he MIGHT have asked (since I have never heard of what you described) for some aid for WiFi upgrades, he's suddenly "scum" :rolleyes:

Clearly you need to RUN to the nearest anger management counselor, because, dude, you have a problem

Is your animosity toward Kraft so great that it blinds to the FACTS that he built the stadium with is OWN money. That he REPAID the the $70MM or so the the state put up for infrastructure changes to Rt 2. That no Pats season ticket holder has EVER paid for a PSL. Those are all ignored, but because he MIGHT have asked (since I have never heard of what you described) for some aid for WiFi upgrades, he's suddenly "scum" :rolleyes:

Clearly you need to RUN to the nearest anger management counselor, because, dude, you have a problem
I did say vague recollection. Come on man! Cut me some slack! Was it an agreement that he would repay $70M?

But **** Bob kraft and the rest of the corrupt owners to hell! All vile scum!

And what anger management do you propose? How about where you kidnap and tie up all the 32 owners and I get to use them as a punching bag. That would be very therapeutic. What do you say, man? You gonna help a brother out?

I did say vague recollection. Come on man! Cut me some slack! Was it an agreement that he would repay $70M?

And what anger management do you propose? How about where you kidnap and tie up all the 32 owners and I get to use them as a punching bag. That would be very therapeutic. What do you say, man? You gonna help a brother out?
Hey man, after December 18, 1976, I lost it, and I ain't never got it back.
giphy.gif

"I was...I was headed to Pats-adena for our first championship celebration and...and...

where the hell am I?"
da48430f3a0dabd2c9bf0ae2cf386aa7.jpg

"The New England Patriots will never win the Super Bowl. It is the logic of history."

Well, I'm damn grateful for Bob Kraft. He put his money on the table and flatly stated that he was determined to bring a championship here. Tagliabue and Goodell opened up the door for him to back out of Hartford at the last minute, and he stepped up. He set the table, and he hired Bill Belichick - against strong advice not to.

Um, that's kind of it though. "I too prefer the old logo." What? 'Um, I can't do anything about it, that's above my pay grade.' YOU'RE THE F***ING OWNER. Keeping Orthwein's abomination has done more to reinforce and legitimize anti-Patriots propaganda than either fake-Gate 1st round draft pick theft.

Loser, bush league, stupid, desperate owners destroy their team's uniforms (see the Jets today) and scream at the top of their lungs "WE SUCK", alienating their established fan bases and insulting their alumni. You think the Donkeys have even a shred of class at all today? Of course not.

Kraft cares about what's "for the good of the league.":rolleyes:

I rest my case.

what I notice is: Intricately detailed artistry, historically accurate attire, likewise accurate and appropriate football pose, enthusiastic and inspiring expression on subject.
Very dated-looking cartoon style of the 1950s/early '60s. That logo SCREAMS early '60s vintage pop-cartoon art. It HAD to be updated. The franchise finally got serious about moving forward and a fresh look was needed to help set the tone of a new, WINNING identity. Part of it was the necessity of adopting historically accurate colors. The Colonial Army's uniform was BLUE, the British wore RED -- hence, the "redcoats."

Established tradition for 33 years, from our inception and on our helmets since '61.
Established tradition of LOSING FOOTBALL GAMES. Red unis and cartoon Pat forever will be inextricably linked with losing and cheap ownership. This is undisputable.

Beyond all that, I like the old Pat Patriot as a secondary logo. I own some PP gear myself, but it always will take a backseat to Flying Elvis (winner of SIX Super Bowls) and rightly so. ;)

Not much of a surprise here, but always interesting to think and remember how far the Kraft family has moved the needle on this franchise.. they have come a really long way since Bob Kraft paid 175 million for them in 1994. The Pats are the second most valuable NFL Franchise.
Increasing in value from $175mil to $3.8bil in 25 years is an average annual increase in value of 13.1%. And that doesn't count the (presumably positive) cash flow the team throws off, so the total return is higher than that.

Shame on you. Here I am reaching out for help. And you deny me. I see how it is...:confused:
Cut Ken some slack, man.

Is he supposed to do everything?

Of course you're right about the owners.

Not new.

But, awareness of their corruption and amorality is a huge step in the right direction, and your emphasis on the truth is important, and appreciated.

Increasing in value from $175mil to $3.8bil in 25 years is an average annual increase in value of 13.1%. And that doesn't count the (presumably positive) cash flow the team throws off, so the total return is higher than that.
Could've been much higher.

I just never cared about freezing my butt off, or anything in old Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium.

I loved it. I was happy to have a team. And, we were really good in stretches of the 70's & 80's, with great players and coaches.
Bravo APF grande...

PS just eat for Dinner speck and zola pizza ;)

Very dated-looking cartoon style of the 1950s/early '60s. That logo SCREAMS early '60s vintage pop-cartoon art. It HAD to be updated. The franchise finally got serious about moving forward and a fresh look was needed to help set the tone of a new, WINNING identity. Part of it was the necessity of adopting historically accurate colors. The Colonial Army's uniform was BLUE, the British wore RED -- hence, the "redcoats."

Established tradition of LOSING FOOTBALL GAMES. Red unis and cartoon Pat forever will be inextricably linked with losing and cheap ownership. This is undisputable.

Beyond all that, I like the old Pat Patriot as a secondary logo. I own some PP gear myself, but it always will take a backseat to Flying Elvis (winner of SIX Super Bowls) and rightly so. ;)
A much better case can be made that the American flag should be trashed and replaced by something 99% of Americans already hate.

A much better case can be made that the American flag should be trashed and replaced by something 99% of Americans already hate.
That's illogical. Patriots fans LOVE the tradition of winning football equated with the team's current colors/logo. You're part of a very small minority stuck on '50s/'60s cartoonography.

I've asked you this before: why don't you just embrace both? You still can wear the old PP logo gear.

Not much of a surprise here, but always interesting to think and remember how far the Kraft family has moved the needle on this franchise.. they have come a really long way since Bob Kraft paid 175 million for them in 1994. The Pats are the second most valuable NFL Franchise..

1. Cowboys 5.0 Billion
2. Yankees 4.6 Billion
3, Real Madrid 4.24 Billion
4. Barcelona 4.02 Billion
5. Knicks 4.00 Billion ( and they suck)
6. Manchester United 3.81 Billion
7. New England Patriots 3.8 Billion + 3% increase over last year.

Added note: the Boston Red Sox are tied at #12 with the LA Rams at 3.2 billion ( Sox had a 14% increase over last year)

The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2019

Amazing story. A three part maneuver. Over time Mr. Kraft bought the parking lots, then the Stadium. The stadium, dump it may have been was actually the key, (BK bought for $25MM was offered $75MM by Orthwein & refused.) That because the lease terms effectively blocked Orthwein's intent to move the team to St. Louis. Like you say, the purchase price was a then record which seems incredible.

Not much of a surprise here, but always interesting to think and remember how far the Kraft family has moved the needle on this franchise.. they have come a really long way since Bob Kraft paid 175 million for them in 1994. The Pats are the second most valuable NFL Franchise..

1. Cowboys 5.0 Billion
2. Yankees 4.6 Billion
3, Real Madrid 4.24 Billion
4. Barcelona 4.02 Billion
5. Knicks 4.00 Billion ( and they suck)
6. Manchester United 3.81 Billion
7. New England Patriots 3.8 Billion + 3% increase over last year.

Added note: the Boston Red Sox are tied at #12 with the LA Rams at 3.2 billion ( Sox had a 14% increase over last year)

The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams 2019
7th??? WTF?

Sox have won 4 titles in 15 years. That's Patriots-esque (until recently) but not nearly as dominant.

Eyeball math tells me they've spent about $500m less than NYY over that span. With that said Sox have outspent them the last 2 years.
The Red Sox are like the Popovitch Spurs. They are a good team that will win every once in a while and the conistency at that is amazing.

But the Patriots, that's a little thing called dominance. Someday we are going to look back and say there was a time when the Patriots won 6 titles and to be anything in this league (06 Colts, 07 Giants, 11 Giants, 12 Ravens, 15 Broncos, 17 Eagles) you had to go through them. Think about that. In 18 years, the Patriots were involved in deciding 12 of the NFL champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back